Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Nickel main pivot axle replacement-- Kudo to Santa Cruz

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Wonko 
#1 ·
Just wanted to post a thank you to Santa Cruz(I know there are other threads about this topic). Just received the replacement main pivot for my 2011 Nickel. I have had the Nick for 14 months and 2100 miles:thumbsup:

They had been out of the part and were having more made. Can't say enough about a company that backs their product and keeps riders riding! I'll be a Santa Cruz customer for every singletrack mile left in my life!

Here is a picture of my old main pivot axle with the worn inside threads.

Product Cylinder Shadow Carbon Still life photography

urmb

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a similar issue with my TBLTc upper link lower collet axle being stripped. Emailed SC and in less than a week had a complete axle and bearing kit in my hands gratis. No questions asked. Replaced the axle and was back riding with zero down time. Thanks SC. BTW, take care of your axle bolts if you start hearing any kind of noise from your rear suspension do not ignore it.

#6 ·
Pivot axle exchange on a regular basis?

Does anybody know whether the alloy that the pivot axles are made from is softer than that used for the threads in the frame? I just had to replace the three large pivots on my 2012 Nomad C because the threads were stripped. I was happy to see that the threads in the frame were perfectly fine. Just as a future reference, is one supposed to replace the pivots on a regular basis?

I was always happy with the SC customer service as long as I was residing in the US. Actually one of the main reasons why I had three Santa Cruz over the course of the last seven years. Unfortunately I moved to Germany and the local distributor asks for 100 Euros only for the pivot axles - not including the bearings. Very unhappy about that and taking the general price level for SC in Europe and the virtually inexistent technical support into account that pretty much kills SC for me.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.