Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NEWmad

Bike Hoor

NEWmad

We are having our annual spring weekend at the lake and have built a bevy of new bikes up with some of our friends and best customers. Here are some snaps of MY new Nomad. Esquire ordered a few nice little pimped doodads for it. It came out just perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pedalling the goods since 2002.
    http://www.boutiquebikes.com

Got A Lust for Life...
    That is ugly.
    I am immune to your disdain.

What are you looking at?
    NICE... how did you get the red lizard skin logos???
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

Dirt Displacer
    what a pile!
    Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Really nice :-) Congrats ! :-)

regards,
    serhij

mtbr member

They are an additional item...

Quote Originally Posted by R1D3R
    NICE... how did you get the red lizard skin logos???
    You don't get them from Liz skins, they come from ODI, separate end caps. What amazes me is that the reds are all so darned close to each other, its almost like they got together.

I couldn't convince him to go with the Rocco...... That red is identical as well.

Whoaohohohoh
    spinergy still makes wheels??????? Are they any good?

Got A Lust for Life...

... and if we just ... Thier CS used to suck...but got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    spinergy still makes wheels??????? Are they any good?
    And apparently a lot of people had problems when the vectran wheels came out. I have had good luck. I have a set of SPOX on my road bike that are 7 years old. No problems. I had a nipple bust and Spinergy sent me out a bunch with a couple different tools immediately. My .02.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Hmmm, I can visualize that thing with a red ROCO rear shock on it. Also didn't they used to make those wheels with red spokes too? Let's see...red ROCO shock, red Spinergy spokes, red Michelin Hot S 2.5 tires...big time red overdose, LOL!

On those wheels, we had a customer who is a big guy who was death on wheels...road and MTB. Got those Spinergy models, and he's still having good service out of those things.

Too Much Fun

Good job! Yeah, thats hot...

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander
    It came out just perfect.
    Nice. I'm not a huge fan of red rides, but that one could make me a believer. Whats the feedback on the 66SL?
    - -benja- -

What are you looking at?
    Ya the roco would be sweet on it... also thos DT Swiss FR red rims and some red pedals and an all red king headset...
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

Whoaohohohoh
    indyfab25

when i saw your signature quote i busted out laughing.........

Got A Lust for Life...
    Stephen Wright is hilarious. "If I melt dry ice can I swim without getting wet?" is one of my favorites

Dirt Displacer
    "I tried to take a close-up picture of the horizon once, and I went insane."
    - Stephen Wright

Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]

Whoaohohohoh
    Not to get off-topic but that postcard would be fitting to send to any ex....kind of a nice way to say that your a crazy-@uck

Freeriding Feline

Good job! Nice Bike

Hot Nomad.

"I think we should put the wrappers on the inside of the straw. After all, that's the part you wanna keep clean." - Steven W.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

... and if we just ...

Very nice!!! What size is that? How do you like the 66SL. Does it rake the front end too much or not really? How durable are the Spinergy's?
    Anyway, Congrats again on your new ride.

mtbr member
    Forget the Spinergy's folks, the only wheelset that would look good on that ride is a set of red I-9's!

Nice bike, Im starting to think you lumberjacks know something about bikes.
    Pearl & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

Bike Hoor
    I wouldn't have minded the I-9's, but I really liked the Spinergy's a lot. I have not had a single lick of trouble with them, and they really do look da bomb. I rode the heck out of them last year and never had to even THINK about truing them.

No feedback on the SL yet.. will let you know more when it is broken in. Marz forks seem to have a longer break in period. I am also not sure I have it set up completely the way I like it. There are so many doodads to play with, I still gotta tune it in. The reason I went with the SL was the A2C height in the first place. I prefer a slacker head angle, so if 67.5 - 68 is too slack for you, then look elsewhere. I had 67 on my Uzzi and it felt really nice.. but the rest of the geometry was SPOT on for heavy trail riding/light freeriding.

Stix, what do you think we haul logs out of the woods with? Horses? Can't do that anymore, those damn PETA people breathe down our necks. Skidders? Fuel costs too much.

mtbr member
    I remember how stoked you were with the Uzzi last spring/summer and I'll bet you'll be as stoked or happier with this bike. Why you ask? because it should ride simular and be atleast 2-4 pounds lighter. Perhaps at times you used all 8" of the Uzzi but I bet for the most part, the 6.5" of travel that you will get will be plenty. Now add in the fact its lighter and you should have a great time. I doupt that I could set that thing up any better for my perferred taste in a bike. Perhaps you can do alittle urban to check it out.

Are you guy's still planning on having a 6" trailbike/freeride bike shoot out this year? What bikes are now going to be in the shootout? (not yet sure what the other boys will be riding this year)
    Pearl & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

Hold em high!
    Dec 2005
    The red is very NICE.
    What's that smell???

Bike Hoor
    We will be having a 6" trail bike shootout this year, yes. We have at least one of all of the popular ones (6-Pack, 6.6, Nomad) at our disposal to thrash. We are still waiting for the dang snow to leave though.

I think this will be a perfect bike for me, although I will say that I am a little puzzled by the 66SL. It seems rather stiff set up at the minimal air settings, but then again, I have not gone out and ridden it on anything that matters. I am just relying on my educated "hold brake, bounce fork" methodology.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

... and if we just ... best Ive seen yet......

1st off, How much does that one cost? How much does it weigh? Which Spinergy's are those Lastly, what size is it.
    I would make one change,only one. White Lowers on the Marzoch and that would be the ride I would want. I just got The goahead from wife to get a Nomad or 6.6 for my birthday. I am still in disbeleif!!! PM me please.
    Thanks,
    M.C.tigre

Too Much Fun

Give it a ride or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander
    I think this will be a perfect bike for me, although I will say that I am a little puzzled by the 66SL. It seems rather stiff set up at the minimal air settings, but then again, I have not gone out and ridden it on anything that matters. I am just relying on my educated "hold brake, bounce fork" methodology.

Mine is the same. I've heard 10hrs on the trail is a ballpark 66SL breakin period. I noticed a difference the second day I bounced it.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Ewwwww, ugly seat

Glad I'll have shades on this summer, staring at that could make me think I'd thrown an embolism.

Oh and when you get that 66SL set up, let me know what the settings are for my 6.6. I think I should get one of those micro-recorders to record the various air pressure settings for height, compression damping, rebound dampening, reverb, turbo boost, ignition advance and duration.
    Last edited by mtnbikerx; 03-20-2006 at 06:03 PM.
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast