Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New VP Free, anyone know what up with SC?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  bog 
#1 ·
Man, I know we've been through this on the forum many times but I still can't believe that SC hasn't come up with a proper VP Free replacement. I've been waiting to replace my Nomad MKI with something with more travel for quite a while. Now that I have my BLT2 built up I know the Nomad will be gathering dust and I'm itching for a longer travel bike again.

Come on SC, give us a new VP Free or Nomad LT!

PS: for those of you that are waiting to tell me to get a Driver 8 don't waste your time. The Driver 8 is NOT a good replacement for a VP Free for any of us that need to ride up long steep hills to hit the DHs.

#4 ·
My quiver has changed somewhat lately. I've always been a VPP fan but hadn't tried the VPP2 bikes until recently. in the last couple of months I've added a Tallboy and BLT2.

I really miss my old VP Free and would love to see a front derailleur capable, reasonably lightweight 8" travel, VPP bike. Given the generally negative response to the Driver 8 on all forums, this type of bike would sell like hotcakes.

Note: the Driver 8 is probably a great bike but not what most people wanted or expected.

#10 ·
Loll said:
Why dont you get a Intense Uzzi.

Climbs very well for a 7.5" bike, decent great too.
I'd be ripping on an Uzzi if Steber stepped up and made an XL. The L is way too small for me at 6'4" tall. I love that bike! Give me an Uzzi with a 25" top tube & a Totem and I'd have my dream freeride bike.

#12 ·
bog said:
I'd be ripping on an Uzzi if Steber stepped up and made an XL. The L is way too small for me at 6'4" tall. I love that bike! Give me an Uzzi with a 25" top tube & a Totem and I'd have my dream freeride bike.
Being 6'4" myself and looking for a similar ride type, Im curious what bike your currently riding that has 25" TT, none of the ones you've listed have?? The Nomad is close so not sure if thats what your referring too.

#13 ·
I definitely like the build quality of Knolly bikes but there are a couple of things that would stop me from getting a Delirium:
1/ Most importantly the slack seat tube puts me in a funky bad pedaling position. I end up so far back over the rear wheel that the bike is unrideable as an all-arounder. The rear spring needs to be really firm and the front needs to be soft to create a reasonable ride up the hill. You can guess how that setup feels going down the hill.
2/ It's short on travel for what I want. My Nomad has 6.5" of travel and I NEED more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.