mtbr member
    Aug 2005

New Tallboy LT in 2015?

Thoughts? Speculations? I have heard that there may be minor revisions, but nothing new. There is another thread on here saying that carbon versions have longer wait times because of a new version coming in Feb.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The TB LTc is still one of the best bikes in its class and sells well (as far as I know). You won't see substantial frame changes until the sales start to fall off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I think there will be a redesign soon. I think they will update the geometry slightly, make the frame a bit lighter, go internal cable routing etc.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cmrocks View Post
    I think there will be a redesign soon. I think they will update the geometry slightly, make the frame a bit lighter, go internal cable routing etc.
    A bottle cage in the main triangle! It's seriously the only thing I hate about the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wagon boy View Post
    A bottle cage in the main triangle! It's seriously the only thing I hate about the bike.
    Ditto

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    It does seem like the stock build-kit bikes on websites are few and far between. Does make it seem like they are tooling down their current model. All the other 2015 models seem to be well represented. Highly suspect. I'm currently interested in purchase a Tallboy LTc and would really like to know if they are about to make changes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yep, plus I want the opportunity to jump on a clearance frame if possible.

Keep on Rockin...
    The LTc is probabably the best all-rounder I've ever ridden.

That said, I'd like the rear end just a bit shorter. Other than that, don't change a thing - the bike completely rips for trail riding.

GMM
    mtbr member
    I've had my LTc for a year now and like it more with each ride. Just a great all arounder. I will say I was checking the SC website the other day and really like the new kits they are offering with Pike standard and better gearing options on drive train. But I wouldn't have traded this past year of riding my TBLTc for the current, better options.

mtbr member
    I have loved my lta over the past few years but If I were to design a new lt I would change a few things. First I would shorten the chainstay like the nomad and go single ring only. I would also steepen the seat tube to put me over the pedals better. Bump up the travel closer to 6. Lastly I would slacken the head angle a lil bit. That would be a sweet upgrade to the already badass all mountain tall boy lt!
    My Girl friend said, " it's not about how LONG your travel is... its's how well you use it!"

hehe ...you said "member"
    Speaking with guy at lbs - speculation is for a new LTC as it's completed it's 3rd year with current model. Any new info from anyone out there?
    I just had my 29" Stumpjumper HT stolen and want to replace it with the XXL Tallboy LTC. I really like the Tallboy, and don't mind waiting, but would obviously like it sooner than later.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I think the Santa Cruz tradition in the last few years has been to announce the new bikes on April 1st.

2011: ??
    2012: Tallboy LT
    2013: Bronson
    2014: Nomad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmrocks View Post
    2011: ??
    2011 Blur TRc

mtbr member
    i heard it will have 140mm travel and have a slacker front end

mtbr member
    I wouldnt mind seeing shorter cs with 1x only like nomad. Steeper sa put me over the pedals better. I have to slide my seat all the way forward in the rails. Slightly slacker front end. Internal cable routing to clean it up. New 36 up front. As for colors the black pink green is cool. Maybe an orange.I like the green color of the new giant reign. Bump up travel to full 140 or 150. If I can get a 28 29lb carbon bike with dropper about 4 to 5 k that would be sick! 6 grand and up is getting pretty crazy.
    My Girl friend said, " it's not about how LONG your travel is... its's how well you use it!"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If TallboyLT is updated,it should be divided into 2 models.. Think Solo and Bronson equivalent..
    The Longest Tallboy would be fit for a 160cm fork, rear travel 140-150mm, 1x specific, slack and all that..
    BUT this would mean that the gap between the 100mm tallboy and this burly tallboy would simply be too wide so a 125mm 'TallboyTR' would be needed in between (still being front derailleur compatible)

Makes sense?

mtbr member

New Tallboy LT in 2015?

I thought they already had the Solo : Bronson equivalent - Tallboy : Tallboy LT...?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    No, it would be more similar to what they did with the Blur TR and Blur LT.

The standard TB only has 100mm of travel, not even close to comparable to the Solo (I have both).

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Not sure about the front der compatibility for the tallboy tr your refering. The thing I would change on my two year old tallboy lt is the long rear end. Ditching the front der and using nomad 3 pivot location seems to be the solution with vpp and big 29er wheels.
    I guess we all have our opinion on what would be perfect.

Creepy tooth fairy
    Next year, I would expect to see a revamp of the Tallboy LT with updated geometry reflecting the trend towards slacker front ends/steeper seat angles, slightly more travel and cable routing ala the Nomad.

In addition, I potentially see a lower cost version or alternative to the Nomad. I don't know how the inexpensive carbon frames have panned out for Santa Cruz, but speculation seems to be that the Nomad will get one. Alternatively, a single pivot bike with the Nomad's numbers might be a possibility.

We'll see.
    the going won't get good 'til I'm good and gone

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I do not know how much longer I am going to be able to wait. The wife is on board with the new purchase. I am trying to decide AL with S kit or Carbon with R kit, I just don't want to jump the gun to soon and miss out on a few key changes or the potential for a clearance as I could do more with my budget. Then again, I have the same decision making over the 5010 too. Too many choices.

hehe ...you said "member"
    Unfortunately, I need the XXL Frame - and there are absolutely none available in the old model - so I have to wait. Wife on board as well and would like a bike sooner rather than later. Live in CO foothills and riding year round here is doable. Looks like I'll have to exercise patience.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening