banned
    Dec 2006

New SL or Heckler.....

A bit of back story. I have a wonderfull 2002 Superlight. I want to put 100mm fork on it, Like a Fox F100. But I am a Marzocchi fan and am looking at the XC 700. That fork has a range of 90- 130mm or so.

I would like the Marz fork so I can put it on a new SL frame in the next year or two and reuse most of my parts. The new SL can take up to 135mm.

BUT, a Heckler is marginally heavier. Should I go that route?

THE twist..... I will be building up an AM/ FR Nomad for more agressive riding. Is a Heckler a little redundant if the Nomad is in the picture? Should I just keep a XC orientated SL in the mix?

never ender
    if you're getting a Nomad for sure, I'd just hang on to the SL, especially if you want to reuse the XC fork. The older Hecklers handle better with a fork that's taller than 510mm A-C in my opinion, and the newer ones probably like even taller forks...I think the Marz XCs are only 500mm or so.

mtbr member
    I agree too. The heckler is gonna be the closest bike to the nomad, so id say stick with the sl, and keep the nomad for those fun, fun days...

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Not to mention you can easily get a Superlight now vs. waiting for a Heckler for who knows how long.

And yes, a Heckler & Nomad would be a little redundant.

Members who have read this thread: 0