Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Silver Powdercoat Pictures?

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  67degrees 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a picture of a bike in the new Silver Powder Coat that Santa Cruz is offering?

#2 ·
Silver Nomad Pic

67degrees said:
Does anyone have a picture of a bike in the new Silver Powder Coat that Santa Cruz is offering?
Don't have a pic yet cuz I just got mind two days ago. It's powdercoat Silver. In pictures it looks gray and also indoors under incandescent light, but take it outdoors in the sun and....... WHOA Baby. Get one, you'll love it.

#3 ·
Silver PC Nomad

whangen said:
Don't have a pic yet cuz I just got mind two days ago. It's powdercoat Silver. In pictures it looks gray and also indoors under incandescent light, but take it outdoors in the sun and....... WHOA Baby. Get one, you'll love it.
Congratualations on getting the Nomad. I'll have one in my stable one of these days. I hope you do post some pictures of your bike. I'd really like to see that powder coat silver color. I'll keep a look out for your pics!

#4 ·
Ah, the old Nomad colors.

67degrees said:
Congratualations on getting the Nomad. I'll have one in my stable one of these days. I hope you do post some pictures of your bike. I'd really like to see that powder coat silver color. I'll keep a look out for your pics!
Yeah, I'll get some pic up soon, my digital camera is on the fritz again... unfortunately couldn't fit the bike on my flatbed scanner. ha ha.

My advice is, ignor pictures of the silver finish, they just look gray. Try to check out the silver color on someone's elses bike or in a shop (take it outside if you have to) before you write that color off. It's not cheezy metallic like a glitzy hot rod, just a cool silvery looking sheen. I really loved Nomad's first season's color palette, especially the trans blue and the candy green. They're more conservative now - read boring.

#5 ·
cop motorcycle? plus pic

67degrees said:
This is about as good a pic as I can get... it does show the silver sheen I was talking about up near the headtube. Just hope the PC finish holds up. Other PCs I've had (bikes or otherwise) have been pretty tough.

Oh yeah, I'll upload a picture soon of my all black and silver buildup and a spec list. Some might think it's too much like a cop motorcycle but I'm diggin' it so far--- even pulled over a few speeders yesterday! ha ha.

Attachments

#6 ·
The new SC Silver Powder Coat

whangen said:
This is about as good a pic as I can get... it does show the silver sheen I was talking about up near the headtube. Just hope the PC finish holds up. Other PCs I've had (bikes or otherwise) have been pretty tough.

Oh yeah, I'll upload a picture soon of my all black and silver buildup and a spec list. Some might think it's too much like a cop motorcycle but I'm diggin' it so far--- even pulled over a few speeders yesterday! ha ha.
Thanks for posting the picture. Does that frame have a high gloss finish or is more of a satin finish?

#7 ·
gloss and rub...

67degrees said:
Thanks for posting the picture. Does that frame have a high gloss finish or is more of a satin finish?
Hmmm, it glossy but not too glossy. Got to say tho, after two hard rides I'm seeing some cable rub and faint scratches (no crashes). And it's not even that muddy on the trails right now.

That's got me a little concerned.

#8 ·
3M Protective Film

whangen said:
Hmmm, it glossy but not too glossy. Got to say tho, after two hard rides I'm seeing some cable rub and faint scratches (no crashes). And it's not even that muddy on the trails right now.

That's got me a little concerned.
I recommend you purchase some of that 3m Protective Film to protect the vulnerable areas of your frame. I know that GO-RIDE.COM has it but you may be able to find it through a hardware store. It is just a clear, thick vinyl sheet with adhesive backing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.