Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,213

    New Silver Powdercoat Pictures?

    Does anyone have a picture of a bike in the new Silver Powder Coat that Santa Cruz is offering?

  2. #2
    Redwood Dancer
    Reputation: whangen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    92

    Silver Nomad Pic

    Quote Originally Posted by 67degrees
    Does anyone have a picture of a bike in the new Silver Powder Coat that Santa Cruz is offering?
    Don't have a pic yet cuz I just got mind two days ago. It's powdercoat Silver. In pictures it looks gray and also indoors under incandescent light, but take it outdoors in the sun and....... WHOA Baby. Get one, you'll love it.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,213

    Silver PC Nomad

    Quote Originally Posted by whangen
    Don't have a pic yet cuz I just got mind two days ago. It's powdercoat Silver. In pictures it looks gray and also indoors under incandescent light, but take it outdoors in the sun and....... WHOA Baby. Get one, you'll love it.
    Congratualations on getting the Nomad. I'll have one in my stable one of these days. I hope you do post some pictures of your bike. I'd really like to see that powder coat silver color. I'll keep a look out for your pics!

  4. #4
    Redwood Dancer
    Reputation: whangen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    92

    Ah, the old Nomad colors.

    Quote Originally Posted by 67degrees
    Congratualations on getting the Nomad. I'll have one in my stable one of these days. I hope you do post some pictures of your bike. I'd really like to see that powder coat silver color. I'll keep a look out for your pics!
    Yeah, I'll get some pic up soon, my digital camera is on the fritz again... unfortunately couldn't fit the bike on my flatbed scanner. ha ha.

    My advice is, ignor pictures of the silver finish, they just look gray. Try to check out the silver color on someone's elses bike or in a shop (take it outside if you have to) before you write that color off. It's not cheezy metallic like a glitzy hot rod, just a cool silvery looking sheen. I really loved Nomad's first season's color palette, especially the trans blue and the candy green. They're more conservative now - read boring.

  5. #5
    Redwood Dancer
    Reputation: whangen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    92

    cop motorcycle? plus pic

    Quote Originally Posted by 67degrees
    Does anyone have a picture of a bike in the new Silver Powder Coat that Santa Cruz is offering?
    This is about as good a pic as I can get... it does show the silver sheen I was talking about up near the headtube. Just hope the PC finish holds up. Other PCs I've had (bikes or otherwise) have been pretty tough.

    Oh yeah, I'll upload a picture soon of my all black and silver buildup and a spec list. Some might think it's too much like a cop motorcycle but I'm diggin' it so far--- even pulled over a few speeders yesterday! ha ha.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,213

    The new SC Silver Powder Coat

    Quote Originally Posted by whangen
    This is about as good a pic as I can get... it does show the silver sheen I was talking about up near the headtube. Just hope the PC finish holds up. Other PCs I've had (bikes or otherwise) have been pretty tough.

    Oh yeah, I'll upload a picture soon of my all black and silver buildup and a spec list. Some might think it's too much like a cop motorcycle but I'm diggin' it so far--- even pulled over a few speeders yesterday! ha ha.

    Thanks for posting the picture. Does that frame have a high gloss finish or is more of a satin finish?

  7. #7
    Redwood Dancer
    Reputation: whangen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    92

    gloss and rub...

    Quote Originally Posted by 67degrees
    Thanks for posting the picture. Does that frame have a high gloss finish or is more of a satin finish?
    Hmmm, it glossy but not too glossy. Got to say tho, after two hard rides I'm seeing some cable rub and faint scratches (no crashes). And it's not even that muddy on the trails right now.

    That's got me a little concerned.
    RAIL OR F*!%#!*^G BAIL

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,213

    3M Protective Film

    Quote Originally Posted by whangen
    Hmmm, it glossy but not too glossy. Got to say tho, after two hard rides I'm seeing some cable rub and faint scratches (no crashes). And it's not even that muddy on the trails right now.

    That's got me a little concerned.
    I recommend you purchase some of that 3m Protective Film to protect the vulnerable areas of your frame. I know that GO-RIDE.COM has it but you may be able to find it through a hardware store. It is just a clear, thick vinyl sheet with adhesive backing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •