Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Santa Cruz Bronson Bike?

167K views 915 replies 224 participants last post by  bachmayeah 
#1 ·
I just opened the newest Dirt Rag Magazine and on the second or third page it has a new Santa Cruz ad. "And now for something completely different" "April 1st 2013." Does anyone know what this is referring to? i have an order in for a TBLTc, but if something new is coming out... Maybe a 650b?

#22 ·
I already had Nomad C, BLTc and Tallboy LTC to test (I ride a BLT alu) and I don't think that Santa Cruz need a 650 bike, the Tallboy and LT are fantastic bikes that almost ride in tech narrow trails like the 26" wheels, so for what a 650, it's only markting.

But let see what are coming, the ad

Rock Slope Mountain Bedrock Geology

#39 ·
The market has been screaming for a real 650b bike from Santa Cruz. So many folks are modifying their Blur TRc's and XCc's with 650b wheels and loving the result. Look at the advertisement again. Doesn't look like DH or AM terrain to me.

SC has reached its limits with 29ers, and the 26er line up covers the gamut from racing to DH. This is a 650b bike for sure, perhaps with two distinct offerings - one with the lightweight F140 to satisfy the TRc modifying crowd, and a burlier bike based on the heavier F160 to compete with the existing 650b bikes such as the Carbine.

Either way, SC doesn't churn out any turds. Expect these babies to just kill...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.