Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I just stumbled over the 2012 Tallboy LTC frame for a greatly reduced price on coloradocyclist and read somewhere that there was another TB LTC on sale somewhere.

Maybe they change something on the Tallboy LtC?
    New colors, slacker head angle...

Curiouser and curiouser....

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    Do you think? since they had ISCG last summer! Or they put a 150/155 in the All Mountain section, meanwhile since I don't want a 650 neither a 29", I'm waiting for a carbon Nomad black/blue, should arrive nest week.
    The LTc is a great bike . . . but its a tired design. It does a lot of things pretty well, but it does not excel at anything and I think that SC is clearly moving their lineup into a direction of purpose-built bikes.

This is of course assuming that my predictions are correct and that one of the new bikes coming is basically the Blur with 650b wheels . . . .
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    If the new bike is actually the bike in the ad, the linkage seems pretty wide (just to right of left foot on either side of wheel). Sort of V10ish. V10 linkage to accommodate larger wheels but with less travel than v10??? Who knows. All I know for sure is that on April 1st my '13 XC will be a nice light outdated worthless piece of carbon junk.

mtbr member
    Remember that last year we were here doing this same speculating thing and a lot of jornalist already tested the TBLTc in Sedona that was released later in 1 april in all sites at the same day.
    Is this the reason why you call it fools day?? Maybe a lot have seen then Yeti, but can't talk about it and we are here playing the game.
    I'm big SC addict but not sore like to play it every year.
    Ride More, Drive Less

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    The LTc is a great bike . . . but its a tired design. It does a lot of things pretty well, but it does not excel at anything and I think that SC is clearly moving their lineup into a direction of purpose-built bikes.

This is of course assuming that my predictions are correct and that one of the new bikes coming is basically the Blur with 650b wheels . . . .
    Personally i feel it excels at everything...... that's why its such a popular bike. They wouldn't have bothered adding the iscg and a through axle if the bike was "tired". ( no flaming intended, just an observation) The hole they have to fill is a 650b bike, so you're probably correct about that. whether its a 650 nomad, a 650 blur, or a new bike all together, it's a santa cruz bike so its going to rock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I saw a unbadged (other than the molded Santa Cruz chainstay protector) carbon 650b blur-like bike in the wild today. Had a fox 34 160mm. So there you go.
    Last edited by sanman; 03-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2005

New Santa Cruz Bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakeka View Post
    Remember that last year we were here doing this same speculating thing.....but not sure like to play it every year.
    Me either......just be straight up.

mtbr member
    Don't know, but a Blur 650B sound kind of boring to me.
    But maybe that's what's great about it, not spectacular but just plain good?

Somehow "completely different" and then just a 650B bike would be a letdown...

Didn't Santa Cruz say they weren't into 650B?

Greetings Znarf

mtbr member
    Received my MBUK and WHAT MTB and nothing there...
    oh well, must wait till 1/April to stop this feeling... LOL!

Prediction n.167: a 6´Fatbike

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf View Post
    Somehow "completely different" and then just a 650B bike would be a letdown...
    I would say offering a totally new wheel size qualifies as "completely different" and personally I'm very curious to see what they have put together. Santa Cruz has some excellent designs to draw from, why reinvent things from scratch? The Porsche 911 is a tremendous sports car not because it is a brilliant design but because it has been constantly refined for almost 50 years. I'd much rather have a battle tested and proven design that's been slightly modified to meet the current demands of the day (be it more travel or bigger wheels) than a completely clean sheet design.

As for the TBLT being a "tired" design, that's fairly hard to swallow given how many accolades have been heaped upon it. Seems to me it is one of (if not the single) hottest 29ers on the market today.

mtbr member
    In the last issue of singletrackworld the same picture was published as an ad for the tallboy LTc.
    Maybe all this e-speculation about one picture was a bit vain....

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    As for the TBLT being a "tired" design, that's fairly hard to swallow given how many accolades have been heaped upon it. Seems to me it is one of (if not the single) hottest 29ers on the market today.
    I said the LTc is a tired design . . . NOT the TBLTc

The original moniker of "LT" was designated to the Blur first.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    After seeing specialized line up, I bet we are going to see 29" nomad. It is similar to spec then, blur/nomad with 26 and then tallboy LT and new bike with 29". Who needs 27,5 anyway after latest improvements to 29" geometries..

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic09 View Post
    After seeing specialized line up, I bet we are going to see 29" nomad. It is similar to spec then, blur/nomad with 26 and then tallboy LT and new bike with 29". Who needs 27,5 anyway after latest improvements to 29" geometries..
    The Tallboy LTc is already one of the bigger travel 29ers on the market. They aren't going to try to carve out some small niche slightly more all mountain. There's also no way to get chainstays as short as the Enduro with VPP and 29" wheels. You may want a Nomad 29, but given that SC has already described the TB LTc as approaching the Nomad in function (as have many who have ridden both bikes), it's not going to happen.

mtbr member
    @jarlaxle

Slight misunderstanding. I too value Santa Cruz's approach of evolution rather than revolution, compared to the big S and such.... This year it is the superlative, next seasons lineup proves that it is rubbish again.

I rather meant that the term "completely different" doesn't really fit, if it's not a really new product. A Blur with slightly bigger wheels, that would sure be a nice bike.

We ll see...

I do think that 650B as a substitute for 29ers isn't needed anymore. Either you want big wheels or small.

But that's obviously not for me to decide...
    Except for my new bike, which I'll build this fall.

I do know one thing, it is going to be a Santa Cruz.
    Not sure which model. Depends...

If they introduce a 650B model, that also might be my new ride.
    Never say never...

Greetings Znarf

mtbr member
    This is the same shyte as last year with the tblt and the year before with the trc and highball. First place in the world last year with the announcement was bikerumour. Keep an eye on them. Gotta say, there aint as much hype and frivolity this year cause they don't have the beguiling eccentric genius of mr ferentino there anymore. Sad.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    This is the same shyte as last year with the tblt and the year before with the trc and highball. First place in the world last year with the announcement was bikerumour. Keep an eye on them. Gotta say, there aint as much hype and frivolity this year cause they don't have the beguiling eccentric genius of mr ferentino there anymore. Sad.
    You call it shyte . . . I call it good marketing

mtbr member
    You call it shyte . . . I call it good marketing
    aye I agree, but mike's shyte was way better than their current crop of shyte

mtbr member
    Good grief.... It's already been said a ton that's its for sure 100 percent a 650b. Guess nobody reads

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vizsladog View Post
    Good grief.... It's already been said a ton that's its for sure 100 percent a 650b. Guess nobody reads
    Yeah, but Elton John said he wasn't gay a million times. Look what happened there!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    That is a 29er in the add. Not to mention it say in the corner that they are an enduro world series official supporter.

It is an 29er enduro bike 150-160 travel. Also the guy has a full faced helmet on.

Put it together.

Do you really think specialized will be the only one with a 29 150-160

Chumley for prez!
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I went into this "experiment" biased against the bigger rubber because it was worn and I figured a slightly smaller wheel [~3% difference] wouldn't be noticeable. I came out totally appreciating that extra 20mm.
    Now I realized it was the bigger wheels...
    No offense to your "scientific method", but I think you might be omitting a few relevant variables. Let me first say, I'm a fan of large wheels. I'm 6'4" and I can't imagine riding small wheels ever again. Still, I couldn't help but notice the difference in width of those two tires. They also appear to be different tread patterns. All I'm saying is that I'm not sure you can say "it's the bigger wheels (diameter)" based on your observation.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamis63 View Post
    That is a 29er in the add. Not to mention it say in the corner that they are an enduro world series official supporter.

It is an 29er enduro bike 150-160 travel. Also the guy has a full faced helmet on.

Put it together.
    Would you like to place a wager?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'd like to get in on this as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    I'd like to get in on this as well.
    Headline News: Illegal betting scandal on MTBR.com

Keep on Rockin...
    The Tallboy LTc is already one of the bigger travel 29ers on the market. They aren't going to try to carve out some small niche slightly more all mountain. There's also no way to get chainstays as short as the Enduro with VPP and 29" wheels. You may want a Nomad 29, but given that SC has already described the TB LTc as approaching the Nomad in function (as have many who have ridden both bikes), it's not going to happen.
    Agree. I can't say it will be but I'd sure like it to be a 275 Nomad.

As long as we are wishing a 275 Nomad with a 29" up front would be nice. Will need to use those 29" wheels and tires for something.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    It is a 650b Nomad with 150mm of travel.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Discounted frames are usually 2012 with qr 135 rear dropout.

mtbr member
    The discounted Tallboy LTC I saw on Coloradocyclist was a 142mm frame. The Carbon Tallboy LT never came with 135mm drop outs.

That´s what made me think. Maybe a mistake by coloradocyclist. Maybe not =)

Santa Cruz 2012 Tallboy LT 29" C Frame

Greetings Znarf

mtbr member
    If I remember correctly it was an XXL frame, wasn't it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drlaboole View Post
    If I remember correctly it was an XXL frame, wasn't it?
    its a medium

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    its a medium
    Wow, yeah that's a pretty damn good price. Includes the Kashima CTD too. Wonder what the deal is with that?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Wow, yeah that's a pretty damn good price. Includes the Kashima CTD too. Wonder what the deal is with that?
    It's actually the RP23. Still an amazing deal, but that's the reason for the price break.

b a n n e d
    It's actually the RP23. Still an amazing deal, but that's the reason for the price break.
    Oh, yup you are correct.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Same picture used to advertise the ltc in this months mbuk. Go figure

I reckon 29er v10, that would be revolutionary

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Can't wait.!

mtbr member
    if you know what you're doing with suspension rp23 is way better than ctd anyway. ctd is dumbed down suspension to sell bikes to people riding round the car park outside the bike shop bouncing up and down.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    if you know what you're doing with suspension rp23 is way better than ctd anyway. ctd is dumbed down suspension to sell bikes to people riding round the car park outside the bike shop bouncing up and down.
    Not really true for the shocks. Both have rebound adjustment and multiple compression settings. CTD has 5 and the RP23 has 4 I think.

b a n n e d
    Not really true for the shocks. Both have rebound adjustment and multiple compression settings. CTD has 5 and the RP23 has 4 I think.
    Yeah, actually I was going to say the same thing . . . I have my RP23 pretty dialed in and it works ok. I rented a bike recently that had a 2013 CTD on it and it tracked noticeably better while providing an equally supple ride.

mtbr member
    Some additional SC goodness here>>
    Clearance Frames - The Path Bike Shop
    16 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL
    16 Private Jake

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    My LBS revealed the goods today...first stop, the Ibis office on Monday for the Ripley unveiling, and then on to the SC office for the new 67er...thats right 27 on front, 26 on the back, 160mm travel, Stealth routing, Carbon and Aluminium models...

But you didn't hear this from me...shhhhhhh!

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXZJ View Post
    Maybe this has already been answered, but why such a price drop on the TB LTc?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Maybe this has already been answered, but why such a price drop on the TB LTc?
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiso View Post
    Discounted frames are usually 2012 with qr 135 rear dropout.
    bingo
    16 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL
    16 Private Jake

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    bingo
    There's no such thing as a 135 qr TB LTc. As I said, it's likely the shock being an RP23.

mtbr member
    Got my TBc and TBLTc mixed up. Thanks

There's no such thing as a 135 qr TB LTc. As I said, it's likely the shock being an RP23.
    16 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL
    16 Private Jake

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    My LBS revealed the goods today...first stop, the Ibis office on Monday for the Ripley unveiling, and then on to the SC office for the new 67er...thats right 27 on front, 26 on the back, 160mm travel, Stealth routing, Carbon and Aluminium models...

But you didn't hear this from me...shhhhhhh!
    Yeeeeeah, nobody believes you . . .

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Yeeeeeah, nobody believes you . . .
    The different wheel sizes was a bridge too far.

mtbr member
    Yeah, actually I was going to say the same thing . . . I have my RP23 pretty dialed in and it works ok. I rented a bike recently that had a 2013 CTD on it and it tracked noticeably better while providing an equally supple ride.
    yeah, i've had the exact opposite experience. Weird...

mtbr member
    Does this mean you're buying just a frame and selling me the Butcher for $700 shipped? Hmmm? Haha

mtbr member
    Different wheel size is not a bad idea. In Germany Mountainbike Magazine tested high-end AM bikes and the best bike was a Liteville 301 with a 27.5 front wheel. It was very nimble yet had extra rollover capability with the larger frontwheel.

mtbr member
    But it looks bad

Makes sense on motos though.

My guess:

They split the Tallboy line: Tallboy VLTc (very long travel), Tallboy TRc (the one I ll buy) and regular Tallboy

No, they won't. But we'd love that!

Greetings Znarf

mtbr member
    You guys are pretty funny. You should start guessing the color options they'll offer. I thought they looked pretty good.
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintox50 View Post
    You guys are pretty funny. You should start guessing the color options they'll offer. I thought they looked pretty good.
    Matte black for the carbon, with two-tone contrasting accents (e.g., red and yellow, blue and orange, green and white, etc.). Hoping they keep the yellow around though . . . . loving the yellow. The blue on the TBc, however, is simply spectacular.

father, mountain biker
    Ok, I think I might have gotten a sneak peak. My apologies for for the blurry shot, but I had to move quick. It's a 4-piece grinder with pollen tray called the "Shredder".

New Santa Cruz Bronson Bike?-2013-03-15-20.41.47.jpg
    Last edited by shredjunkie; 03-16-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by shredjunkie View Post
    Ok, I think I might have gotten a sneak peak. My apologies for for the blurry shot, but I had to move quick. It's a 4-piece grinder with kief tray called the "Shredder".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-15 20.41.47.jpg 
Views:	752 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	781321
    Now I know where your screen name comes from

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I put a deposit on one of the new bikes. to be ordered april 1

mtbr member
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Hoban View Post
    Does this mean you're buying just a frame and selling me the Butcher for $700 shipped? Hmmm? Haha
    16 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL
    16 Private Jake

mtbr member

re: New Santa Cruz Bronson Bike?

Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    That seems premature

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

b a n n e d
    You don't even know for certain what it is, yet you're sure you want it, eh?

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    got a pretty good idea. most of the info is in this thread if you know whom to believe. I just need someone to buy my blur lt before the value plummets

mtbr member

You don't even know for certain what it is, yet you're sure you want it, eh?
    Now I want it to be a rigid 26in..."something completely different"

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

awesome! I've heard the new SC 650B model is gonna be called the "cash cow"

Here's a sneak pic:

Name:  Cash-Cow.jpg
Views: 1574
Size:  27.9 KB

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Looks like those pesky kids are on the ball!
    27.5-Bronson? - Pinkbike Forum

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

That thread is full of squat

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I heard its a 27.5 150 travel carbon. Ships April 1. Called the Bronson.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post

You may find that that thread is full of truth!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post

That pinkbike thread is hilarious for being only a few posts long and totally accurate.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    what color should I get

mtbr member
    White

mtbr member
    27.5 wheels for sure. Why ? Intense already have 2 models with 27.5 wheels.

mtbr member
    Blur TRc to ship with two wheelsets. 650b and 26.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdan View Post
    Blur TRc to ship with two wheelsets. 650b and 26.
    I've already got one of those.

b a n n e d
    got a pretty good idea. most of the info is in this thread if you know whom to believe. I just need someone to buy my blur lt before the value plummets
    And whom should we believe?

And the value of your BLT has already plummeted . . . I'm in the same boat. I figure that my AL frame is probably only worth about $500-600 at this point. Maybe $700 . . . if I'm lucky.

Personally, I'm holding on to my money for the moment . . . you just never know what else they've got up their sleeves

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

New Santa Cruz Bike?

Release april 1. :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I wonder if they will do the same thing as they did with the Tallboy LT and only sell them as compleats for the first few months and not frame only!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzer View Post
    I wonder if they will do the same thing as they did with the Tallboy LT and only sell them as compleats for the first few months and not frame only!
    Of course they will. If you want the newest bling bad enough, you'll cough up bank for a complete bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just read this on Wired today, "With leading bike manufactures like Scott, Ellsworth and Santa Cruz all launching 27.5-inch wheel bicycles, it will be interesting to see what kind of traction the Ripley can get with the 29er."

mtbr member
    So it appears it's really down to whether the new 650B bike will be more like a Nomad or more like a Blur.

mtbr member
    So it appears it's really down to whether the new 650B bike will be more like a Nomad or more like a Blur.
    +1 - my guess remains a 650B Nomad enduro machine.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Apparently it's 150mm rear travel. I suppose the big question is the geometry. I hope it's pretty aggressive - along the lines of the Rune would be nice.

mtbr member
    More like Tallboy LT ????!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    My guess is we will see more than one new bike. We know one will be Enduro, and I think the other will be a 650B v10. But hey, guess we'll see in a few weeks.

b a n n e d
    Time will tell!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    ...or maybe something completely new in between the Nomad and Blur. Why just change a little something to fit the new wheels when you can create something all new? They've had the time to refine it. Probably started off as a known geometry, ala a Blur or Nomad platform and got tweaked and tweaked until it was neither and in a geometry all it's own. SC knows very well that you can't just throw a new set of larger shoes on a given bike and have it handle the same. I think "Bronson" could just be the SC code name for it and the real name won't be revealed until it's time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Crossing my fingers

"Something completely different" certainly gets the mind racing. I'm hoping it's a 27.5 Blur LT with the geo of a Blur TR. With stealth routing. And all the goodness, common sense, and superb QC that comes with Santa Cruz bikes (12x thru axle, threaded BB, thoughtful/external cable routing, 44/49 tapered headtube). The Nomad is such an amazing bike as it is, but maybe that's where "completely different" comes in. It's due for an upgrade too...the new V10's front triangle is lighter than the Nomad's.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by kboth View Post
    "Something completely different" certainly gets the mind racing. I'm hoping it's a 27.5 Blur LT with the geo of a Blur TR. With stealth routing. And all the goodness, common sense, and superb QC that comes with Santa Cruz bikes (12x thru axle, threaded BB, thoughtful/external cable routing, 44/49 tapered headtube). The Nomad is such an amazing bike as it is, but maybe that's where "completely different" comes in. It's due for an upgrade too...the new V10's front triangle is lighter than the Nomad's.
    Great minds think alike.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    if you go on the assumption its a 27.5 which would be "completely different" as they dont currently have any 650 bikes, then fox (current santa cruz partner) only makes one fork for that which is 160mm travel 34mm stanchion. what kind of bike would you build around that? for a good guess look at what intense and scott are doing. as for the name just look at where they spent their first 20 years before the very recent move.

mtbr member
    I only know of one new bike, and won't mention it here as it wouldn't interest most on this thread (honestly).

For the others I would bet on:

A Nomad update- Just hoping its not a 650b (hope the Enduro 29 didn't surprise SC too much). Would it be crazy to not have a front derailleur mount?

A 650b DH bike- Hopefully will come in aluminum too...

Maybe a TB TRc with a slacker head angle...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Soo basically you are saying the Stigmata or Roadster is coming back? haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnmark View Post
    I only know of one new bike, and won't mention it here as it wouldn't interest most on this thread (honestly).

A Nomad update- Just hoping its not a 650b (hope the Enduro 29 didn't surprise SC too much). Would it be crazy to not have a front derailleur mount?

mtbr member
    In my opinion, ever since they got rid of the Driver 8 they have been missing something in the 180-200mm range.. like a mini DH bike. I know that wouldn't be "COMPLETELY DIFFERENT" but it might be if it were a 180mm travel Nomad .. or something ... something similar to the Specialized SX Trail.. or even more like the TR250.

Matty-B

A nomad update would definitely be a pleasure to see. It's clear to me that that Cruz is releasing a 650 bike on April 1. Question is will it be the offspring a Nomad, Blur LT... Or neither (I.e Something completely different)?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    In my opinion, ever since they got rid of the Driver 8 they have been missing something in the 180-200mm range.. like a mini DH bike. I know that wouldn't be "COMPLETELY DIFFERENT" but it might be if it were a 180mm travel Nomad .. or something ... something similar to the Specialized SX Trail.. or even more like the TR250.
    That's a pretty good idea- I could see them splitting up the Nomad and going with a longer travel and medium travel versions similar to the different blurs.

mtbr member
    That's a pretty good idea- I could see them splitting up the Nomad and going with a longer travel and medium travel versions similar to the different blurs.
    Nomad LT!!!

mtbr member
    So what is everyone's motivation for following this along so closely?

I'm planning to buy a TBLTc and curious what's coming. If its 650b, I think I am still going 29", unless its something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xhailofgunfirex View Post
    Soo basically you are saying the Stigmata or Roadster is coming back? haha.
    Exactly what I thought when I read that first line.
    2017 Pivot Mach 5.5
    2017 SC Hightower CC
    2017 SC Tallboy 3 CC
    2013 Jackal

mtbr member
    if you go on the assumption its a 27.5 which would be "completely different" as they dont currently have any 650 bikes, then fox (current santa cruz partner) only makes one fork for that which is 160mm travel 34mm stanchion. what kind of bike would you build around that? for a good guess look at what intense and scott are doing. as for the name just look at where they spent their first 20 years before the very recent move.
    They have no problem with putting RockShox Revelations on their bikes. Not sure about the Santa Cruz/Fox partnership you've mentioned. I don't think I've heard of such a thing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbiker View Post
    Exactly what I thought when I read that first line.
    I thought of a 20" Jackal! Come on SC, do it

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    They have no problem with putting RockShox Revelations on their bikes. Not sure about the Santa Cruz/Fox partnership you've mentioned. I don't think I've heard of such a thing.
    I strongly suspect that you'll see more 650B stuff from RockShox (I'm guessing Lyrik update for 650B/29 - with black gold stanchions) and I know Fox are working on some specific enduro stuff but I imagine the range will widen significantly over the next year or two.

With regards to the new SC bike? I'm hoping 29er Nomad, 150mm, Reverb Stealth compatible, 142QR etc etc. Hopefully they release it in bare carbon like Mark Weir's old Nomad, one of the best looking bikes ever imo. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME SANTA CRUZ! New Santa Cruz Bronson Bike?-img_1302.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Still keeping fingers crossed for the Tallboy Trail.

b a n n e d
    Well why don't you spill the beans and let us decide what is of interest!?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast