Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm hoping Santa Cruz makes this into an enduro ripper, and one that comes in a proper XXL for us bigger folk! A large enduro has a reach that is 1.2" longer than my XL Nomad C. Time to update sizes so that we can run longer top tubes and shorter stems SC!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    V10 alu or new vpfree/bullit would be cool (and about time)

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    He is wearing a full face helmet

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpaulusma View Post
    He is wearing a full face helmet
    Yep. Plus the Enduro World Series logo at the lower right. A new Nomad I would guess. I would also guess 27.5 or 26 for the wheels. Can't wait to see what it is.

just ride
    Oct 2006
    Hoping for the revised Nickel with 13.1 BB and lighter weight, at least under 6 lbs. Same geo, same price.

Or

Update the superlight with APP and Nickel/TR's Geo...

Hurry up with it too SC, because I'm itching to buy TRC soon to relace my Stumpy carbon Evo.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    A V10 29er... That would be completely different. A lot of company making 650b so my guess would be big wheels AND big travel...

mtbr member
    I'm jumping on the TRc 650b bandwagon...

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    I hope it's a 27.5.. whatever the travel
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

Zombie Uprising
    I kinda seriously doubt it would be a (new) Nomad Mk3, even in aluminum, since the 2013 Nomad C, is already available and unchanged from the previous MY2012, apart from the 142x12 rear axle.
    Unless they introduce a brand new aluminum design for the Mk3 Nomad (similar to how Spesh changed the Enduro design in 2010, with the X cross section in the frame, I think).
    Looking forward to April 1st, nonetheless...

bog
    mtbr member
    This would be fantastic. My XL Nomad is far too short in reach for a modern bike. Not hat I don't love it but I need to run a longer stem than I'd like.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    They just need to make a rear triangle with replaceable dropouts for the TRc, so you can build it with either 26 or 27.5 wheels (and fit big 27.5 tires with full travel) -- like Intense does. Same for the Nomad.

mtbr member
    @eleven-yo, I'm still laughing. No offense to Marky, but your post was hilarious and definitely puts into perspective what is, and what is not, inexcusable. I'm sorry, but having to wait for a frame isn't on the inexcusable list. And if it is, some perspective is in order. For a list of what is inexcusable, try a cancer board, or maybe one around recovery-- lots of inexcusable there. Not so much here.
    I'll be along... eventually.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Here's what I see
    29 r wheel
    Flattish bars
    Full face

My guess - 29 nomad. Maybe 29DH but my gut says 29 nomad. It also says Faaaarrrrttt!
    ORP

mtbr member
    I'm guessing, something for Enduro (it has the Enduro World Series simbol) so something BLT/Nomad, but 29"?? almost anybody are using 29" on Enduro, at least here in Europe, 650??? well the guys from Cube are using the new model, but 95% preferring the 26".

mtbr member
    I also think that the Wheel Looks kind of tall.
    I wish it was a 29er Nomad.

Rock Shox is coming out with a 160mm 29er fork, as I am told by rumor.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    a 29er with 150-160 mm travel would be sick. nomad 29 would be perfect but I honestly do not think they will be doing it. moreover, I more think it will be a 27,5 which I honestly would not buy cause 29 is the right choice for trail. i tried the scott 27,5 trail bike and I could not see any difference between 26 and 27,5 . it was quite the same.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack69 View Post
    i tried the scott 27,5 trail bike and I could not see any difference between 26 and 27,5 . it was quite the same.
    I suppose it just depends what trails you ride. I went from an average 2.35" tire [Nevegal] to a bigger than advertized 2.4" tire on my Nomad [Conti Trail King] and the difference is amazing on my rooty/rocky trails. The 2.4" rolls over roots and rocks without getting hung up and my pedal strikes are significantly reduced. I think 650B will be perfect for our trails.

I've also got a 29er hardtail and would rather get a 27.5/650B FS 6" travel bike - call it a Nomad or call it something else. I'm not sold on 29" wheels for a 6"+ travel FS bike.

If I lived somewhere buff I probably wouldn't notice a difference or care about 27.5/650B bikes.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I suppose it just depends what trails you ride. I went from an average 2.35" tire [Nevegal] to a bigger than advertized 2.4" tire on my Nomad [Conti Trail King] and the difference is amazing on my rooty/rocky trails. The 2.4" rolls over roots and rocks without getting hung up and my pedal strikes are significantly reduced. I think 650B will be perfect for our trails.

I've also got a 29er hardtail and would rather get a 27.5/650B FS 6" travel bike - call it a Nomad or call it something else. I'm not sold on 29" wheels for a 6"+ travel FS bike.

If I lived somewhere buff I probably wouldn't notice a difference or care about 27.5/650B bikes.
    I agree. Long travel 29s always end up having funky frame geometry due to the large wheel size and trying to make enough room for wheel travel. I think anyhting over 4" travel should be 27.5 or 26. They just plain ride better overall. Granted, a 29 wheel will always roll over things better, but there is definitely a point of diminishing returns as the travel increases. We may well see 27.5 becoming the standard within a few years for longer travel bikes. Bike manufactures have jumped on the bandwagon of larger hoops, but they just don't work in some cases. Personally I just don't like the oveall ride of a 29 bike on any frame, but that's just my opinion. 650B for me!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Maybe they're going to introduce a line of components -- drivetrains or wheels or something. It seems like "completely different" should mean more than just a new 650b or 29er, but that could just be marketing of course.

mtbr member

More spy shots

Fresh info here, check out these spy shots

Last edited by dansMTB; 02-06-2013 at 03:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    SWEEEET!! I want one! I just wonder how soon it will show up on their website.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Santa Cruz has me interested - been looking at the Nomad C or TBLTC. This announcement might change things a little. Intrigued so might as well jump in with some e-speculation. 150mm travel, 650b, low, slack, blah, blah, blah.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Saw View Post
    SWEEEET!! I want one! I just wonder how soon it will show up on their website.
    "Taking Pre-Orders Now for the Santa Cruz ********, a Revolutionary Dual-Fork Downhill Race bike!"

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinL View Post
    "Taking Pre-Orders Now for the Santa Cruz ********, a Revolutionary Dual-Fork Downhill Race bike!"

I just heard from high up sources at Santa Cruz that they are going to have a naming contest for this bike. I'm submitting "Frankenbike", any others??

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I am thinking its not a bike but what is on the bike... A new line of clothing for enduro riders maybe.. I know one bicycle brand that has gone down this route..

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast