mtbr member
    Aug 2015

New Rear Shock - 5010C V1

Not really looking to do the research. My options are a Fox Float X, Monarch Plus RC3, or a DBinline. Anyone recommend one over the other or have any other information that might help make a decision? Any input appreciated.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    It has. Not interested in "long Shocking" which is where the thread ended up. Looking for comments on a simple replacement without long shocking, sending to PUSH, adding spacers, etc... want to buy a shock and put it on.

mtbr member
    Mine came with a Monarch (with the Debonair can) and I like it fine. If I were looking for a shock from scratch, though, I'd have to take a pretty hard look at the Cane Creek.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JDUBku View Post
    It has. Not interested in "long Shocking" which is where the thread ended up. Looking for comments on a simple replacement without long shocking, sending to PUSH, adding spacers, etc... want to buy a shock and put it on.
    I have the CCDB air inline on my MK1 5010. It's back getting a second rebuild after starting knocking again.

It's a good shock when working BUT .... I got my RP23 push tuned and custom valves for the 5010 (it originally came with my Nickel frame) and I have to say I much prefer the RP23 for the trails around where I live - forest singletrack and a few DH rock sections. There is good mid stroke support and it feels 'right' for the bike.

I'll do a back to back comparison with the CC when I get it back. But at the moment the pushed fox wins.

And before you ask, I know how to setup suspension. Years of practice on motorcycles and MTB's .

I had a CC Db air (non inline) on my Butcher and it was way better than the inline.

I think you'd be better getting a push tune than spending big $$$ on a new shock unless you are doing long DH runs etc where the something like a CC might perform a little better.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained ... http://doricdiversions.com

Latitude: 57º 45' Aberdeenshire, Scotland.