Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: al_bullit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    466

    New Jackal at Eurobike

    I came across three pics of the new Jackal at Eurobike.






    From http://www.flickr.com/photos/tfj77/

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    293
    Interesting, much more conventional looking. I'd guess a lot cheaper to build and possibly to buy?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: al_bullit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    466
    It looks very much like the 3-off they made a while back, from a heckler seat tube and a bullit downtube or something like that.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honourablegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    861
    It looks very....well, ordinary, basically. Shame to lose the old distinctive look.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,362

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    exactly!!

    It looks like any old brand dj bike.

    Its nice looking with the thick chainstay and the orange/red color. But similar to the old nomad, the new one lost the flavor.

    I am sure is a very good ride though.

  7. #7
    graps the nettle
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    470

    can't win 'em all...

    Quote Originally Posted by Loll
    It looks like any old brand dj bike.

    Its nice looking with the thick chainstay and the orange/red color. But similar to the old nomad, the new one lost the flavor.
    problem was, the "flavor" of the old bike kept getting in the way of the feet of every serious dirt jumper who threw a leg over the bike. a lot of riders loved the old jackal, but the hardcore jumpers found the hump to be problematic. the new bike is designed as a purpose built jump bike.

    as such, it ended up looking like a lot of the other jump bikes on the market, primarily because that is a very specific set of needs being addressed for a very specific market.
    hold my beer...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Franz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    432
    Got to disagree, I really like the clean lines. The old one looks a bit silly with all that swoopy hydroforming bollocks...

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,729
    Quote Originally Posted by MtotheF
    problem was, the "flavor" of the old bike kept getting in the way of the feet of every serious dirt jumper who threw a leg over the bike. a lot of riders loved the old jackal, but the hardcore jumpers found the hump to be problematic. the new bike is designed as a purpose built jump bike.

    as such, it ended up looking like a lot of the other jump bikes on the market, primarily because that is a very specific set of needs being addressed for a very specific market.

    Interesting...

    Point well taken.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: biketuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    463
    What kind of rear hub is that in the last picture?
    _______________
    1x10 IS SO FINE on my 21.9 lbs IBIS SL-R
    11-36 XTR in the rear, 36T wide-narrow upfront

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,362
    I do like the looks of the frame , not as rad looking as the previous version but small things like the cables route under the top tube is good, and I'm guessing its lighter so easier to chuck around , as long as its strong it should do the job , I suppose its lost its quirky looks that set SC from the rest , function is better than looks if you want the ultimate product, just looses its identity slightly.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by biketuna
    What kind of rear hub is that in the last picture?
    Hive Chub.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    141
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they put this bike out as a complete,and not just frame only.I bet that baby is snappy,and light.

  14. #14
    graps the nettle
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    470

    cliff notes

    Quote Originally Posted by whattree?
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they put this bike out as a complete,and not just frame only.I bet that baby is snappy,and light.
    much lighter than before - 4.8 pounds frame weight.

    available from SCB as a frame only, sorry.

    $650 USD. available january 09, fingers crossed...
    hold my beer...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •