Creepy tooth fairy

The new Heckler...

...has anyone bought one yet? Thrown a leg over one? I have read a few good reviews of it online and been to a couple of regional SC dealers, but I have not seen or heard anything other than press stuff.
    the going won't get good 'til I'm good and gone

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    My wife just got one. She test rode it last week out on some trails at a lbs demo day and she couldn't stop thinking about it all week so she ended up going and buying today. I sent the thread to her so we will see if she chimes in here soon.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Pictures too please!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

We the people ...

Quote Originally Posted by slowpok92 View Post
    My wife just got one. She test rode it last week out on some trails at a lbs demo day and she couldn't stop thinking about it all week so she ended up going and buying today. I sent the thread to her so we will see if she chimes in here soon.
    Here I am chiming in. I saw the other thread about the concern with climbing on the Heckler. I currently ride a 26" hard tail. When you put the rear shock in climb, it has some squish, but not so much that you can't make it up the hill. I already have difficulty climbing as is and the Heckler did not compound my problem with the rear suspension. I had considered waiting for other bikes (Trek Remedy 650b, Giant Trance 3), but the geometry was just about the same as the Heckler. This will probably be the last bike I will ever own personally. This bike will allow me to progress into different riding styles. Also, it's in Tropicana Blue.

The new Heckler...-img_0706.jpg

mtbr member
    That is the colour I want but my LBS does not have that colour in my size.

No demos because they do not have enough bikes yet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    This was the first one the LBS got in. They weren't going to demo the bike. Someone else rode the bike down the rode and back, but I was really the first to take it out on the trail. I got really lucky with this.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    So CharityKase, you'd say the Heckler climbs pretty well?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Yeah it didn't seem to slow her down or anything climbing she did stale out on the one climb we did with it on that Saturday but i think that is because she hadn't shifted down to a low enough gear, also after she stalled out on the climb she switch the rear shock to climb, found the correct gear and finished the climb. We are definitely going to get out Saturday and possibly Sunday. I also believe the heckler weighs in at the same weight as her hardtail or is even a little bit lighter.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I think this might be my next bike... I thought about the Bronson, but the single pivot design is so appealing to maintain. Probably will be more than enough bike for me as well.