mtbr member
    Sep 2012

New Chameleon :) ...Quick Question

Hey guys, just received my new Chameleon today and she is a beaut to say the least! Almost all ready to go in the stand but I'm having trouble with the rear derailleur. I almost don't even want to ask because I know it's something simple that I'm over looking but first time putting together a bike out of the box so I'm going slow and methodical here lol but that doesn't go well with just wanting to jump on it and go for a ride haha. My question is, I'm having trouble with the derailleur and the cassette. When the rear wheel is on and everything is setup, the derailleur top cog is rubbing the hell out of the cassette. I shift and nothing is happening. Just continues to stay in that spot and rub the cassette. What am I doing wrong here???

Hopefully I'm just overlooking something here and it's an easy fix. So be gentle haha

Warrior's Society
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Wasn't sure if that was all that was left. Like I said, First time getting a bike shipped so didn't know if that was all taking care of beforehand and then they break it down so it can be shipped. I thought it was, so when I see the derailleur rubbing with the cassette I'm already assuming I installed it to the hanger improperly or something

Armchair Product Manager
    Jul 2004
    I think you have the derailleur on wrong. Take it off and reinstall it making sure it's rotated clockwise (back) so that the stop on the derailleur (the one the b screw contacts) is behind the one on the derailleur hanger on the frame. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Yeah I have that stop facing behind the derailleur. I don't know what it is. The rear is a pain to put on to begin with because of the derailleur and when I finally do get it on it's rubbing up against the derailleur. That's with the chain run through and everything. Just doesn't want to shift but just sit there in that position. Really do apologize for the lack of knowledge right now on this. It's been a while, running the single speed since this. But I do appreciate the help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Woooo...Fixed it guys. This guy right here is a moron and knew it was a quick fix. Bikedrd hit it on the head. didn't have it rotated so the b screw was useless
    now just need to adjust it so it shifts smoothly and I'll be on my way. Thanks again guys.
    Sincerely,
    The rookie

Armchair Product Manager
    Jul 2004
    Nice job getting it going.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    im 5'10". Would you do medium or large?
    Michael

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hard to say. You're right in the middle on sizing, If possible, I would try them both. I'm 5'9 and the medium is just fine. For me personally though, I would lean more towards the medium.