mtbr member

new blur xc to the stable...

i've always wanted to own a blur(or a vpp bike) since it came out. at the time i already had an xc garyfisher hardtrail. so i bought an 03 heckler instead. but now i finally bought the blur.

XOXC Kit with some changes
    medium ano silver(i wanted ano black or ano orange, but not available for 06)
    Fox RP3
    Fox Float 100RLT
    xo triggers
    xt front der.
    xo rear der. medium cage
    truvativ stylo team
    sram 990 cassette and chain
    avid juicey 7's 160 front and rear
    EA70 low riser handlebar OS
    thomson x4 90mm, 0 deg
    thomson masterpiece seatpost
    chris king headset
    fizik gobi saddle
    DT xr 4.1d rims with DT 240s hubs
    kenda nevegal 2.1
    eggbeater sl

25.5lbs on the digi scale at the shop

it was a beautiful day today in southern california. and i really wanted to take the bike out for its first ride. but i sprained my ankle last weekend in mammoth snowboarding. ankles much better but still plenty sore. so the first rides going to have to wait. maybe i'll try a quick and easy ride tomorrow.

so two sc bikes in the stable now...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jr711; 03-04-2006 at 07:58 PM.

mtbr member
    XOXC Kit with some changes
    medium ano silver(i wanted ano black or ano orange, but not available for 06)
    Fox RP3
    Fox Float 100RLT
    xo triggers
    xt front der.
    xo rear der. medium cage
    truvativ stylo team
    sram 990 cassette and chain
    avid juicey 7's 160 front and rear
    EA70 low riser handlebar OS
    thomson x4 90mm, 0 deg
    thomson masterpiece seatpost
    chris king headset
    fizik gobi saddle
    DT xr 4.1d rims with DT 240s hubs
    kenda nevegal 2.1
    eggbeater sl

25.5lbs on the digi scale at the shop

That thing is HOT! Let's just face it, the Blur is one of the classiest looking bikes out there. So I was thinking that if I order the XO XC kit one of the things I would like to change out is the stem/HB to a 31.8 too like you have, nice touch there. It looks like they sent you a fork with brake bosses though. Did you request that? Tell us how the first ride goes. You must be bustin' at the seams to get out there! Sweet bike

mtbr member
    yeah you know i did notice at the LBS that it had brake bosses, but i didn't think to ask about them. i'll always run disk so it would a lot cleaner looking and maybe a little lighter. but honestly i don't care all that much. i'll ask sc what they're shipping out these days. my 03 heckler came with an oem 125rlc with no brake bosses.

i was ready and expecting to wait a few months for this bike. but my LBS actually had the frame in stock. so it actually waited at the LBS for two weeks before i came by to pick it up. funny, huh? i'm glad i ordered it when i did. i checked sc's website a week after i ordered it and they changed specs and pricing on their "complete bike kits." stock rear shock is now a 5th air($163 upgrade for RP3), fork is an R7, and about $300 more. the build kit stayed the same.

i'll do a night ride sometime this week for sure!

mtbr member

Yeah, no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by jr711
    yeah you know i did notice at the LBS that it had brake bosses, but i didn't think to ask about them. i'll always run disk so it would a lot cleaner looking and maybe a little lighter. but honestly i don't care all that much. i'll ask sc what they're shipping out these days. my 03 heckler came with an oem 125rlc with no brake bosses.

i was ready and expecting to wait a few months for this bike. but my LBS actually had the frame in stock. so it actually waited at the LBS for two weeks before i came by to pick it up. funny, huh? i'm glad i ordered it when i did. i checked sc's website a week after i ordered it and they changed specs and pricing on their "complete bike kits." stock rear shock is now a 5th air($163 upgrade for RP3), fork is an R7, and about $300 more. the build kit stayed the same.

i'll do a night ride sometime this week for sure!
    When you're out on the dirt that kind of stuff (the brake bosses) makes no difference at all but when I'm ordering my bike I just want to know exactly what I'm getting. Let us know how the first ride(s) go! Again, sweet bike!