mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Need a price estimate....

Selling my '04 blur. Here are the specs and condition:

Large black ano frame - very good condition. Normal cable wear and the occassional bush wacking but no dents.
    Rear shock - 5th element air - rebuilt to current factory spec and rock solid.
    Front shock - Recently Pushed 100mm Fox RLT (incredible performer)
    Full XTR drive train including hubs, BB, crank, chain, shifters (dual control), and brakes.
    - the overall condition of the drivetrain is of course used, but in very good functioning order.
    90 mm Thomson Elite stem
    Chris King headset
    717 mavic wheelset
    Front tire - Kenda Nevagal 2.1 - near new
    Rear tire - 2.1 panaracer XC pro - brand new
    handle bar - monkey lite - low rise
    Seat - Selle Italia
    Seat post - EC70 laid back from Easton

Hate to give it up but can't afford to keep 3 bikes.

I've owned the bike for over a year and taken very good care of it. The pivot bearings and BB have been maintained meticulously by my LBS. As I'm not too experienced at selling bikes and prefer to use the classified section of MTBR, not Ebay I would like to offer it at a decent price.

Sincere replies only.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I recently got a grand out of my 03' blur on ebay. I sold the frame only, no components were encluded. You could probably get more money out of the bike if you sold the frame separately.

Whoaohohohoh
    How much did you pay for it?

I would say anywhere around 2000-2200 would be a good starting point.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    How much did you pay for it?

I would say anywhere around 2000-2200 would be a good starting point.

I paid 2400 used. since purchasing I have rebuilt both the fork and the rear shock. I paid 450.00 alone to Push the fork. Well worth it though.

I have also replaced the middle ring on the crank. The bike has been maintained very well. I do not like bike noise so anytime I developed a creak it went to the shop. In the last year I've had the pivot bearings and the BB service multiple times. I cleaned and lubed the entire drive train before every ride. (yea I know that is excessive but I enjoyed doing it) The bike is in great shape and provides one of the best riding experiences I have ever had. I forgot to mention that I will be throwing in 2 brand new dual control XTR shifters. I got them in another deal and don't need them. They are worth 300 - 400 easily.

I'm thinking of starting at $2400 and see what happens.

BLS439
    Quote Originally Posted by il2mb
    I paid 2400 used. since purchasing I have rebuilt both the fork and the rear shock. I paid 450.00 alone to Push the fork. Well worth it though.

I have also replaced the middle ring on the crank. The bike has been maintained very well. I do not like bike noise so anytime I developed a creak it went to the shop. In the last year I've had the pivot bearings and the BB service multiple times. I cleaned and lubed the entire drive train before every ride. (yea I know that is excessive but I enjoyed doing it) The bike is in great shape and provides one of the best riding experiences I have ever had. I forgot to mention that I will be throwing in 2 brand new dual control XTR shifters. I got them in another deal and don't need them. They are worth 300 - 400 easily.

I'm thinking of starting at $2400 and see what happens.
    Rather than throw those extra shifters in the deal (where you'll lose money on them), I would eBay them off with a starting price in that range. When you sell used bikes or parts they typically go for between 50%-75% of there original cost. I think if you get $2400 for the bike with the extra shifters you will be lucky. I honestly think you'd be more likely to get a buyer at $1800-2000 range.

--BLS439