Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Navy Blue Anno Nomad Accents

i recently just purchased my first santa cruz frame and i plan on building it up. i figure that i gotta do it right and pick out some colors that would just look sick on a navy blue anno nomad frame. i was thinking white wheels blue hubs, white stem, white flats, white headset. ive tried searching on here for hours to find some color accent ideas, but no luck. i only see black and more black. i want my bike to stand out a little more. any suggestions??? pics would be awesome.

KILLIT

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    am i reading that right? you have a navy blue anno nomad.is that custom colour?

nerfherder
    Post pics of that frame!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I just bought it off of ebay so i dont have it yet. its a 2007, not a new one

nerfherder
    Hmmm.. I don't think they did a ano blue for the Nomad in 07. I had a powder coat Liquid Blue 07 Nomad. It looked almost ano with it's matte to semigloss finish. Is it a dark blue? Light blue? Post a link to the ebay add and we can 1) tell you what the color is if it's a stock SCB offering and 2) help you with some suggestions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Santa-Cruz-...DLWI%26ps%3D63

heres a link to one that looks the same as the one i just bought. its not powdercoat shiney therefore i think ano. i could be wrong. im a noob

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    attached is the actual frame i bought. it said navy blue on the listing
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Eating Hot Pockets
    that looks like the Liquid Blue PC.

anyways, i would stay away from white.

used polished silver accents.. it'll look hot.

nerfherder
    Quote Originally Posted by RASKARLE
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Santa-Cruz-...DLWI%26ps%3D63

heres a link to one that looks the same as the one i just bought. its not powdercoat shiney therefore i think ano. i could be wrong. im a noob
    Welcome, noob! This is a fun and expensive hobby.

Ah, that's Ano Black. Do you think you got an Ano Black frame? Or is yours for sure blue?

Anyways, on to your quest for color, check on Race Face's new annodized handlebars and crank sets.

Some good hub choices: Hope, King, and Industry Nine. Velocity has a an interesting rim or two that I'd like to try that come in some unique colors, too. I'm kind of partial to I9.

http://forums.mtbr.com/wheels-tires/bling-lets-see-those-hoops-270503-post5646600.html
    http://forums.mtbr.com/wheels-tires/industry-nine-colour-list-show-us-your-colours-333481-post5426474.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Nice! thanks for the ideas. yeah its a blue bike. after i posted the link i realized it was black. duh!

nerfherder
    Yep, Liquid Blue powder coat. Looks like my old one. That was a great bike. I think you'll enjoy it. I like Moose's idea of silver accents. It would look very clean with a silver headset, silver thomson stem and post, silver cranks, silver rims... would be unique in its understated bling. I think Pewter also goes well with the Liquid Blue in a class understated way and that's probably because that's the combo I did on my frame. Orange accents are nice, too, as long as it's not overdone. I think blue on blue gets a bit tiresome and white is played out since day one but that's just my opinion.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Blue with green would be sick (like the race face bar), but green ano parts could be hard to find.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I just built a liquid blue Chameleon (definitely the color of your frame...looks really sweet) and used a red King headset and hope seatpost collar I had. I thought it would look stupid, but it turned out pretty cool. When it quits raining I'll take and post a pic if you'd like.

mtbr member
    I have the exact same color frame, and I have black CK hubs, with Gold 203mm Hope floating rotors. I also have a set of Saint brakes with gold lever adjustment knobs, and the new Saint crankset M810, with gold bottom bracket cups, and gold bolts for the chain rings.

I wouldn't go over board, but I really like how it turned out on my bike.

Cheers,

Ming

mtbr member
    My Liquid Blue frame looks pimp with ano blue parts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    shockfinder-pics would be awesome if you get a chance. a black frame with red headset, grips, seatclamp and wheels was my first idea. so i would like so see what it looks like on liquid blue

mtbr member
    I would use clear parts,...that would be SICK!

nerfherder
    Here's my old Liquid Blue. You can see the contrast with red on the shock, the pewter headset, and orange hubs. Not a lot of bling but maybe it helps you move in the right direction.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm sure silver will look good, but some of us don't have that option, When your last name is golden.....

Last edited by Old bullit shot; 11-17-2009 at 09:43 AM.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]

I agree with the Blue/Silver combo...

Not a Nomad but my liquid blue Chameleon was setup with all silver or polished parts and it definitely made for a really nice yet understated look.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MondoRides
    Not a Nomad but my liquid blue Chameleon was setup with all silver or polished parts and it definitely made for a really nice yet understated look.

Hey, not to hijack the thread, but did I see this for sale? It has been powdercoated by someone other than the factory? If so, do you remember what the actual color name was because I'm getting a different frame PCed and want it to match my chameleon.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Nomad blinging thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    thanks for all the feedback, its helping. i just came around some lime/neon green flats. i think im going that route. anyone else try this color combo?

nerfherder
    Quote Originally Posted by RASKARLE
    thanks for all the feedback, its helping. i just came around some lime/neon green flats. i think im going that route. anyone else try this color combo?

Might be hard trying to make sure all the parts are the right shade of green.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]
    Quote Originally Posted by shockfinder
    Hey, not to hijack the thread, but did I see this for sale? It has been powdercoated by someone other than the factory? If so, do you remember what the actual color name was because I'm getting a different frame PCed and want it to match my chameleon.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Nomad blinging thread.
    Yeah, just sold the frame last week I had it powdercoated by a local company called Maas Brothers. Apparently they do a lot of frames for smaller boutique builders.

I don't know the exact color name or brand. I just brought in another frame and picked out the color from a wall of powdercoated beer can color swatches. I'm sure your local powdercoater could help you find a match. I should note however that it wasn't an exact match since my frame was clearcoated so it came out with a nice shiny finish versus the matte look of the SC liquid blue.

[END OF HIJACK... sorry ]

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    hahaha!!! i see what you mean about the green. might have to go red then. my mind is racing. i jsut cant wait to ride it. just shipped today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast