Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Precious

need more bikes!

... and if we just ... My Precious

Finally got it all built up today! Too bad Ohio's weather is sucking right now, might try it out Saturday though. Took it around the yard and rides beautifully, can't wait to feel what it's like once it's all dialed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "someone set up us the bomb" No puedo sentirme las piernas

04 Stinky Primo for sale. Please buy it so I can buy more bikes, Please!

mtbr member
    Beautiful...

What's it weigh built up like that?

BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Now that's a beauty!
    Gotta love the Deemax. The frame is Anodized slate right? Will be getting a slate VP-free very soon with deemaxes, so it was nice to see how it will look. Not to shabby i have to say.

Faster the Better!
    Apr 2005
    Love IT! I thought I was the only one....The Deemax's Really kick ass.. I also just got my DHX Coil today can't wait to try it out...

Here's my DeeMax and Nomad Love

Got A Lust for Life...
    Nice ride

need more bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattlechronic
    Love IT! I thought I was the only one....The Deemax's Really kick ass.. I also just got my DHX Coil today can't wait to try it out...

your's was the bike I saw that made me want to get the ano black. however it was a 10 week wait for ano black versus a one week wait for ano slate. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy with the ano slate especially since it kinda changes color depending on the light.

I love the Deemax wheels! I don't care if they are a tad heavy or over burly for what I ride

on the POS bathroom scale it weighs somewhere between 32 and 34 pounds. I'm going to try and weigh it on better scale this weekend.

B1tchin'

Both of those are indeed, sweet! Nice work.

Porch
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

mtbr member

Why did you decide to go for the Coil Over?

I have the 5th Element gravity on my Nomad and it works great for XC but bottoms out anytime I drop bigger than a curb.

I'm thinking about the Fox DHX Coil Over but can't seem to find any insight as to how it will work on the Nomad.

Please let me know what your impressions are, and/or what caused you to go for it.

mtbr member

sweet ride!

which h/s is that?

awesome ano slate, I wanted one but had the opposite to you (wait on ano slate, ano black available immediately)

mtbr member
    Both are sweet Nomads... I really like that ano slate and yellow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BOhNSAI!!!
    Finally got it all built up today! Too bad Ohio's weather is sucking right now, might try it out Saturday though. Took it around the yard and rides beautifully, can't wait to feel what it's like once it's all dialed in.

Thought I'd add mine too........ Taking her out for my first big ride this weekend but hav edone my local trails each day this week and am loving it........

need more bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferkules
    I have the 5th Element gravity on my Nomad and it works great for XC but bottoms out anytime I drop bigger than a curb.

I'm thinking about the Fox DHX Coil Over but can't seem to find any insight as to how it will work on the Nomad.

Please let me know what your impressions are, and/or what caused you to go for it.
    I've always liked coil over better than air. I didn't want to take the chance with the DHX air, although I'm sure it is a good shock. I really likes the Vanilla RC's that were on my other bikes so I figured that the DHX coil would be just as good if not better.

need more bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by arandal
    which h/s is that?

awesome ano slate, I wanted one but had the opposite to you (wait on ano slate, ano black available immediately)
    It's a WTB momentum with grease guard circa 1998. New old stock I found online. I just wanted a yellow headset

I'd like to get a yellow seatpost clamp but can't find anything

need more bikes!
    Here it is in its more natural color scheme

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattlechronic

So hows the dhx coil ? I too have the dhx air on my nomad and I'm not impressed, I'm thinking of the coil also.

Faster the Better!
    Apr 2005
    Here is the updated Nomad with the DHX COil Also...All I can say is WOW. The DHX Air 5 is nice but now I understand what my Coil spring Buddies were talking about when they say PLUSH. The DHX COIL Is soo SWEEET!!! Quite a difference!!!!

Eric

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

very nice and mean bikes

i have an heckler whith deemax ust too,they are heavy but they look like nothing else.hey HEEZAGEEZA are that rims suns? they are amazing.thanks and have fun

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by quedas
    i have an heckler whith deemax ust too,they are heavy but they look like nothing else.hey HEEZAGEEZA are that rims suns? they are amazing.thanks and have fun
    Yeah, Sun MTX in the winter camo. Couldn't resist with the ano slate frame. The pic was a bit small though so I've put another one up. I'm thinking about the DHX Coil as my next upgrade, love the Air but have found I'm using up all hte travel even on 4 ft drops and that is with 275 psi in the main chamber!

Baller/Biker

Have to admit:

I didn't like this bike until I saw this Post. Nice looking frame and build up. Now I want one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BOhNSAI!!!
    your's was the bike I saw that made me want to get the ano black. however it was a 10 week wait for ano black versus a one week wait for ano slate. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy with the ano slate especially since it kinda changes color depending on the light.

I love the Deemax wheels! I don't care if they are a tad heavy or over burly for what I ride

on the POS bathroom scale it weighs somewhere between 32 and 34 pounds. I'm going to try and weigh it on better scale this weekend.
    How do you find the e-Thirteen for reducing chain noise hitting front derailleur? I can't quite tell if you running dual ring or not but I find I get a lot of chain noise and was thinking of getting the DRS?

mtbr member

how you like the grav. drop.? use it much?

Quote Originally Posted by HeezaGeeza
    Yeah, Sun MTX in the winter camo. Couldn't resist with the ano slate frame. The pic was a bit small though so I've put another one up. I'm thinking about the DHX Coil as my next upgrade, love the Air but have found I'm using up all hte travel even on 4 ft drops and that is with 275 psi in the main chamber!
    HeezaGeeza, how do you like the gravity dropper? DO you use it much (iam considering one eventually).

Sick bike, love the camo rims and the ano slate...

I also use(d) up all the travel in my DHX air..even with 275psi...will get a coil when I can afford it...also

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by arandal
    HeezaGeeza, how do you like the gravity dropper? DO you use it much (iam considering one eventually).

Sick bike, love the camo rims and the ano slate...

I also use(d) up all the travel in my DHX air..even with 275psi...will get a coil when I can afford it...also
    Got to admit I love the Dropper. First time I used it it put a big smile on my face. My local ride has two or three rock gardens that you have to roll down (well I do) and it's great to be able to drop the seat on the fly. Before I had to run with the seat a bit lower which meant less power elsewhere on the trail, or run it higher and risk being bucked off the seat. Now it's the best of both worlds. I also drop it on some downhill trail sections as it lowers my centre of gravity considerably as well.

It's actually well built as well and feels solid as well. Service is also great as I overtightened the handlebar bracket and cracked it. They just sent me a new one no questions.

As for weight, I didn't even notice when I swapped it over. It's definately recommended.

Lord of the Chainrings
    I got the ano slate too. Originally wanted the ano black.
    It really does change colors depending on lighting.
    Where did you buy the gravity dropper?
    How do you guys like the Fox 36?
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudd
    I got the ano slate too. Originally wanted the ano black.
    It really does change colors depending on lighting.
    Where did you buy the gravity dropper?
    How do you guys like the Fox 36?
    I bought the Gravity Dropper direct from their website. It was delivered to Australia in a matter of days.

As for the 36, I've got the TALAS and I love the versatility of the fork. Have to day that for my current riding it is great which is mainly All Mountain, but I want to challenge myself and I think I'll probably swap to a coil front and rear. I've bene using the TALAS though and the drop in height does help on some technical climbs. Not really possible to adjust on the fly though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HeezaGeeza
    That is really sweet. I ordered ano slate because it was in stock (not that that has helped for the delivery time). My first choice was ano black. Seeing your bike makes me think I may have lucked out with the right colour choice.

What size is the frame? Is it a small?

I ordered mine with the 36 TALAS and DHX 5 Air. I think I'm going to swap the TALAS for the VAN when it arrives (which also was a blessing in disguise - this way I get all 3 springs as opposed to the standard one from SC which is only rated to 180 pounds).

What side did you mount the GD lever on? What side do you think is best? I ask this because I believe you can order the GD with either a left or right side trigger. Is your GD the standard 3" drop? Assuming it is, would you buy it again or would you go for the 4"?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast