Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Not sure yet... it's cold and snowy here in Colorado so I likely won't be able to ride my Bronson until next week. From fondling it in the garage and riding it in tight tiny circles, I've noticed a few things right away:

- The Bronson feels a tiny bit longer and bigger (both larges), which I think is a good thing considering my intended usage.
    - The Bronson is a little heavier right now... but the builds are different so it's really apples and oranges. I'm going to convert it to 1x10 this afternoon so that will lose 1/2 to 3/4 lb. The tires are beefy (HR2 front, Ardent EXO rear) too, but perfect for what I ride.
    - The BB height is a noticeable difference. The Bronson feels right, whereas the Blur LT always felt a little high to me. I did like the higher BB on the Blur when it came to pedal strikes, however.
    - The steeper seattube angle is noticeable- not sure how that will translate to more climbing efficiency, but I think it will help.

I'll report back once I get the Bronson out for a few rides next week.

mtbr member
    Guess I lost access to my 15QR/135 test fit 650b wheelset huh? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    - The BB height is a noticeable difference. The Bronson feels right, whereas the Blur LT always felt a little high to me. I did like the higher BB on the Blur when it came to pedal strikes, however.
    Would you mind measuring the static (non sagged, no rider) BB height on your Bronson and posting it? I want to compare it with my (soon to be) 650'd Roscoe and my (eventually) 650'd Remedy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I just measured a very unscientific 13-7/8" (maybe a hair under). That's with some very tall, large volume tires. I believe my Blur LT was just over 14-1/2".

Hokie- I still have the 15mm front wheel, but the rear is now 12/142.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Thanks for the info. I'm in mid 650b conversion of my 2010 Blur LTc, this thread inspired me to go for it. I had semi frequent pedal strikes so the higher Bb is going to be a plus.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Have anybody converted this bike using a 150mm Talas 32? I have seen that most people uses the Float fork and I'm wondering if there's more space available in that fork. I have a Bronson C that I love but since I sold my Tallboy 29er now I want to buy and convert a Blur Lt for XC ridding. Thanks in advance for any help!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I'm loving my converted Blur LTC, rides great, no clearance issues at all with 2.25s. I'm using a 150 float.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks Devilock, are you related to The Misfits? LOL

Did you put spacers in your shock and fork to lower the BB or you're ridding it at 14.1" like some of the guys?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Dev, what brand of 2.25 tire are you using in the rear?
    Thanx, Johnny...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I'm riding the nobby nics, no spacers on shock or fork - I like the raised bottom bracket - I experienced pedal strikes with the 26" wheels so the increase in bottom bracket height is nice.

mtbr member
    smmokan,
    Got the Bronson yet? If yeah, any feedback when compared to the mod'd Blur LT?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I did get the Bronson... and so far I love it. I don't feel completely qualified to write up a full report just yet though, because since I've had the bike we've been getting a steady stream of snow storms that has kept me off my "testing trails", so I haven't put it though the paces yet. Also, I just bought some lighter wheels to replace the stock WTBs, which should shave almost a pound off the bike and will make a big impact.

My initial thoughts, however, are that I love the bike. To me, it's a cross between my old NomadC and the Blur LT... the downhill confidence of the Nomad with the all-around ability of the Blur LT. The lower BB (relative to the BLT) is a two-sided coin with more pedal strikes, but it also feels more comfortable for the overall ride. The Bronson climbs as well as the Blur IMO, even though it probably weighs 2-3 lbs more. I haven't been able to take it on a longer ride yet (10+ miles), but will do so as soon as this damn snow melts.

Overall, I'm glad that I sold the BLT and bought the Bronson... especially since it didn't cost me anything extra. I also have a TallboyC to ride on longer treks; if I didn't have that, I'd probably lean towards getting a Solo instead of the Bronson just to have something more trail-oriented. But for what I use the Bronson for, it's a great bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I did get the Bronson... and so far I love it. I don't feel completely qualified to write up a full report just yet though, because since I've had the bike we've been getting a steady stream of snow storms that has kept me off my "testing trails", so I haven't put it though the paces yet...

I haven't been able to take it on a longer ride yet (10+ miles), but will do so as soon as this damn snow melts.
    Yeah, the friggin' snow's been driving me batshit crazy!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3