RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

my new baby - Blur LTc

bought the frame in October last year during the big sale and built it up over the winter. need a few tweaks, and I would never say its "done" but she is ready for her maiden voyage on Sunday.

The build w/a little commentary:
    Frame: Santa Cruz Blur LTc - Large
    Fork: Fox Float 36 160mm - got a screaming deal, cheaper than the 32 so I had to go for it.
    Headset: Cane Creek 40
    Drivetrain: 1x9 because I already had the cassette & rear derailleur. when they wear out I'll go 1x10
    Cranks: Truvativ AKA 1x9 32t w/GXP BB. I wanted the spiderless design of the X0 w/a 32t MRP bling ring...then I learned the X9, X7 & AKA cranks have the same design...and THEN I found the last set of AKAs at Jenson on clearance for $99! And it came with a single, 32t ring which is exactly what i needed and saved me $ for an MRP Bling Ring...big time score.
    Pedals: Shimano XTR (aaaaaand its gone...there went some of the previously noted savings...)
    Chain: SRAM (not sure of the type, I had it in my shop)
    Chain guide: MRP lopes
    Cassette: SRAM PG990
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 Short Cage
    Rear Shifter: SRAM X9 trigger shifter
    Grips: ODI Ruffian Lock-On
    Stem: Thomson X4
    Bar: RaceFace Turbine
    Saddle: WTB Rocket V
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite 340mm
    Brakes: Shimano XTR Trail
    Rotors: Shimano XT icetech
    Rims: Light Bicycle carbon
    Spokes: Wheelsmith DB14
    Hubs: Hope Pro 2 EVO
    Nipples: Wheelsmith Brass
    Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF single ply super tacky up front and High Roller 60a in back set up tubeless. The DHF is a little heavy at 850g, and slower rolling than some, but I absolutely love it up front. Gives me confidence to rip turns in any condition. So much fun...which is really what its all about. Well worth the slight negatives.

I'm terrible at staging and taking photos but here's a somewhat decent one. Happy to hear any suggestions or questions.

And by the way, thanks to all the guys on this board who helped answer questions and point me down the right path.

my new baby - Blur LTc-blurltc.jpg
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I got the same frame{inc colour} 2nd hand in October, I'm still building mine, xt drive train, xtr wheels, fox forks, just need some brakes and finishing kit, still lots of snow here so haven't ridden it yet

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

my new baby - Blur LTc

Quote Originally Posted by lee p View Post
    I got the same frame{inc colour} 2nd hand in October, I'm still building mine, xt drive train, xtr wheels, fox forks, just need some brakes and finishing kit, still lots of snow here so haven't ridden it yet
    lots of snow, eh? Congrats. You must live in a place where the riding is world class!
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    yeah its pretty good, I've been fatbiking all winter so its all good

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    So mine got built up with spare parts and donors from my other bikes due to the snow melting and I went for a maiden voyage today.............OH YEAH I like it a lot