mtbr member

Mark Weir 2nd WCSS on single speed nomad

Napa WCSS -- any one have pics of the bike? thx - Keyth

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    there's some pictures in this thread
    SS Worlds roll call.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I remember a couple months ago I asked about a SS nomad and got some negative replies back...

Finally someone has done it.

Got A Lust for Life...
    How many 6.5" travel bikes could you SS and race like that? Man...
    I am immune to your disdain.

I Like Bicycles
    Mark Weir is a mountain biking god.
    #1 Norco Aurum LE
    #2 Yeti SB-66
    #3 Evil Sovereign

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimk
    Mark Weir is a mountain biking god.
    Agreed!

Lance Armstrong and Chuck Norris have nothing on this guy.

mtbr member
    Freak
    Too Old to Die Young

I Like Bicycles
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    Agreed!

Lance Armstrong and Chuck Norris have nothing on this guy.
    Mike Weir once climbed Aple D'huez while freewheeling.
    #1 Norco Aurum LE
    #2 Yeti SB-66
    #3 Evil Sovereign

TNC
    noMAD man

Bunch o' freakin' weirdos!

Quote Originally Posted by Loll
    I remember a couple months ago I asked about a SS nomad and got some negative replies back...

Finally someone has done it.
    You bet you got some negative replies,Loll! Just look at that SS post with all those nutjobs prancing around in their underwear and sporting bib lycra outfits without shirts...disgusting I tell ya. They ought to throw a net over the whole bunch of them.

LOL!...Seriously though, different strokes are fine. As long as I'm not "made" to ride an SS, I think it's absolutely great for those who enjoy them. The only time I get a little negative with the SS, rigid, 29'er, or other atypical crowds is when they cop that superior attitude about how unique and tough they are compared to mere mortals. Thankfully those are in the minority, but sometimes they whine quite loudly.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Chick Norris has been known to wear Mark Weir Pajamas'.

mb_
    mtbr member
    Mark Weir played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

Mark Weir will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.

Mark Weir is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    He still got beat in both the SSWC and the Downieville...if he's "god" then whats Decker and Schnell?
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

I Like Bicycles
    Quote Originally Posted by mb_
    Mark Weir played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

Mark Weir will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.

Mark Weir is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
    Hahaha. Come on! They have to be bike related.

I know my Chuck Norris facts.
    #1 Norco Aurum LE
    #2 Yeti SB-66
    #3 Evil Sovereign

Enforcer
    Jul 2007
    noah i think ur missing the fact that mark weir was riding an allmountain free ride rig and decker was riding a 19lb racing machine easily 10 pounds lighter that weirs bike
    Quote Originally Posted by holoholo
    why should I search google--when I can get a know-it-all like you to do it?
    Legend...

mtbr member

amen!

any pics pop up yet?
    Mountain bike Bend Oregon!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I just think if there exists an ego in mountain biking that needs less stroking, it'd be Weir....

There are some pictures here: http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/wtb-rid...blood-at-sswc/

Here too: http://carsonblume.com/20080824_sswc/
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee ideki
    noah i think ur missing the fact that mark weir was riding an allmountain free ride rig and decker was riding a 19lb racing machine easily 10 pounds lighter that weirs bike
    And Decker was wearing a Borat skinsuit and pounding beers on his way to winning the race. Not to discredit Weir, but he'd be in the top 10 every weekend at the WC's if he had anything on those "high posting qweers." Hell of a rider, but far from god in comparison.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    What BS

The dude was hammering a full on 6.5" dually around a course that annorexic freaks wearing their under were were too. He fukin owned each and everyone one them- no question about it.

Fact is that weir laughed in teh face of the lastest KoOl AdE craze and its about time too..... a SS "should" be faster than a DH rig on this course..... but shock horror! Its not... hey maybe because its just another fukin bike.

Turner changing their sus design, Weir owning single speeders and Lance coming 2nd. Holy fuk the sky is falling in!!!!

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    What BS

The dude was hammering a full on 6.5" dually around a course that annorexic freaks wearing their under were were too. He fukin owned each and everyone one them- no question about it.

Fact is that weir laughed in teh face of the lastest KoOl AdE craze and its about time too..... a SS "should" be faster than a DH rig on this course..... but shock horror! Its not... hey maybe because its just another fukin bike.

Turner changing their sus design, Weir owning single speeders and Lance coming 2nd. Holy fuk the sky is falling in!!!!
    The only person who "owned" was Decker, the guy who won; that's how races work. Just like downieville. I'll believe the GPS map of his ego when I see him on the world cup circut.

I Like Bicycles
    Hydroforming is actually just Mark Weir punching a tube.
    #1 Norco Aurum LE
    #2 Yeti SB-66
    #3 Evil Sovereign

Got A Lust for Life...
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    The only person who "owned" was Decker, the guy who won; that's how races work. Just like downieville. I'll believe the GPS map of his ego when I see him on the world cup circut.

I don't know man. I would say losing by seconds to a world cup rider and trouncing everyone else is pretty much owning it. No, he didn't own Decker...but jesus...he only lost by a couple of seconds to a guy on a hardtail. Most would argue that Decker had an enormous advantage, which is probably true. You are really splitting hairs here Sparkles. For a guy to go in there that doesn't SS or even ride one and do that kind of thing...he pretty much owned it. I would say he did own it given he was at a mechanical disadvantage from the get go riding a bike that is about as far from a race bike as you could get.

Splitting hairs...

Doesnt ride Banshees
    But splitting hairs is what seperates 1st from 2nd :-) Weir's disadvantage of a bike choice doesn't make him any more entitled, just like his flat didn't make him anymore entitled at downieville. I think that mentality, and the ego feeding, are what made me play devil's advocate in this thread. World Cup atheletes are the pinnacle of racing, and you'd be wrong to think that they dress up like borat and pound beers on the WC tracks they are on every weekend.

Got A Lust for Life...
    Weir's bike choice was just as much a joke as Decker's outfit. I am not sure if you get that yet. They were both matched in their degree of eccentricity. While Weir's was a disadvantage, Decker's was not. And riding THAT bike THAT well under THOSE circumstances DOES make him entitled to well deserved adoration. I don't think it has anything to do with ego feeding or any kind of mentality...certainly not a negative mentality. What he did was pretty damn impressive and pretty damn cool and ironically in the spirit of the SSWC.

Your urge to go in the opposite direction of the pack...is doing funny things to you.

Stop, relax, take a breath... it's okay.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Breath and relax? I think you should relay that MESSAGE to your FINGERS because they SEEM to be typing RANDOMLY in capital LETTERS. :-)

I don't think Weir's bike choice was a shot at decker, atleast a good one anyway. Afterall, he its the real reason he lost, right? Weir played the same card at Downieville; instead of crediting the guy who rightfully slayed everyone, he claimed his GPS said he would have won, "except...". If anything, I'd say Deckers outfit (and the majority of the field there) was a shot at Weirs "super factory team" outfit that he couldn't leave at home for the day.

And I'd argue that Weirs outfit was a disadvantage. Skip the lycra on your next ride and put some of your girlfriends underwear instead :-D Let me know how it goes.

Propr

This one was pretty good.

And you guys are killing me on the MW talk...keep it up!
    12 Bandit Two9
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast