Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

LT2 first thoughts/ride experience

So, after a single ride around town and through a green belt with minor single track i can already tell a huge difference between the lt2 and my old heckler. my heckler pedaled great, some bob of course but with propedal turned on it was great. the lt2....blows my mind how well it pedals. it also felt very balanced at high speeds, thru my local greenbelt/singletrack, i was amazed how much faster i was going. i remember weighing the bike and it totaled to 5 lbs lighter than my heckler, given i got a revelation, and some other parts that were lighter, but 5 lbs is pretty epic. i think im sitting at right around 30.5 pounds. in short, i had my doubts how much better the lt2 was, but so far have been very very pleased. sunday i ride auburn and it gets its first true test.

MOBtown
    I'm very interested to hear what you think about the new Revelation. Please let us know how it feels after a few rides, and what model it is. Your bike looks great!
    KENDA

MOBtown
    Also, did you have a chance to weight it before the install???
    KENDA

mtbr member
    the new revelation is so far a very nice fork. total weight is roughly 4.4 pounds. its the reveltion 426 without u turn. comes with a remote lockout that i havent installed yet. so far ive really enjoyed the positive and negative air chamber design, really lets you adjust to your riding style. the motion control i have yet to try out, by sunday night though ill have made some adjustments probably.

3D guy

Revelation Dual Air

Here are some images of my Revelation Dual Air (140mm travel). As you can see it weighs 4.51 lb without the steerer being cut. Basically it is a light Pike (Pike internals and lowers, note the ISO vice post mount tabs) with 20mm Maxle Light.

Last edited by gstahl; 08-22-2008 at 10:49 PM.
    Geoff Stahl
    San Jose

BLTc, Chameleon Single Speed, Speedvagen Road

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by gstahl
    Here are some images of my Revelation Dual Air (140mm travel). As you can see it weighs 4.51 lb without the steerer being cut. Basically it is a light Pike (Pike internals and lowers, note the ISO vice post mount tabs) with 20mm Maxle Light.

Interesting - it's the same weight as the Pike 454 Dual Air.

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    Interesting - it's the same weight as the Pike 454 Dual Air.
    Little dissappointing. My 36talas rc2 is 5.0lbs. Excluding price difference, this is quite shocking.

Got A Lust for Life...
    Pushed already huh? Jesus, does it really need it and how much better is it? I might send mine in this winter but the thing feels so good already.
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    I got to ride my lt2 on a trail today. did the foresthill divide trail on it in auburn. Have ridden it a few times on my heckler so it was a good comparison trail.
    First of all, climbing rocked. climbing w/ the propedal on the "light" setting was on par with the heckler with the dhx5 coil propedal turned up all the way. when set to "normal" however, the lt2 smashed the heckler in speed and ease. havent tried the "firm" setting yet, will update on that later i suppose.
    2nd, i loved how similar the lt2 just feels w/ my old heckler, made the transition a lot easier for me. geometry is all pretty much identical, which is awesome.
    3. on the descents, the lt2 was extremely stable, didnt bounce around as much as my heckler. the lt2 is a much more...wheels on ground friendly bike haha. which is why the heckler is awesome too, it can be flung anywhere.
    all in all, my lt2 purchase has seemed worth it. for those who have old gen hecklers and are thinking about a new trail bike, the lt2 makes a lot of sense.

3D guy
    Thanks for the report, can 't wait for all the parts to arrive to assemble my new bike (going from 2002 Blur to LT2).
    Geoff Stahl
    San Jose

BLTc, Chameleon Single Speed, Speedvagen Road

mtbr member
    So compared to the Heckler, did you feel the new VPP is just as strong and reliable?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I ride a Heckler so your feedback is great!

I've been riding my Heckler for about 3 years now and it is an awesome bike. Still looks great and is a very low maintenance and consistant performer. I have been getting the new bike itch lately though. I've been considering the new LT2, Ibis Mojo, the new Yeti 575, and a Chumba XCL. Oh, and of course the new Heckler. This will have to be my do everything bike. I had a Bullit also but recently sold it as I've been riding the Heckler more and more as time has gone by. I have a 454 Air U-Turn Pike on my Heckler and it is still in stock form and has about 2 years of flawless performance. I should probably have it rebuilt although is still works as it did when it was new. I'm curious about how the Pushed Pikes compare to stock? It seem to me that my Pike is pretty much perfect as it is. I look forward to more feedback as your get more riding time in on your LT2.

mtbr member
    Ronin, cant say about the reliability yet since ive only had ride time for a week now, but so far no problems. the cool greasegun you get with the lt2 is pretty sweet. i dont a more complicated suspension system in the long run will ever be as strong and reliable as a single pivot, but im confident it will be much more maintenance free.

67 degrees, ive ridden on some bikes with a Pike, and theyre really nice. ive never had any experience with pushed, but only hear good things.

mtbr member
    What greasegun? I didn't get any greasegun with my BLT2.

mtbr member
    Go back to your LBS where you bought the bike and ask them where your grease gun is, Santacruz sends out a nice gun with a tube of grease with the BLT2. A shop here in jersey has been pilfering them and selling them as an accessory, they have been reported to SantaCruz. If they give you the run around, then contact Santacruz and report them, and I would be reasonably sure that they will ship you one.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    NO.......????????

It comes with the grease gun. But according to Mountain Bike Action, thats all it should be coming with. Grease is on your own.

Or is it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Mine came with the grease also...

mtbr member
    the shop I used to work for they have been comming in with a small tube of grease as well.

Got A Lust for Life...
    Sometimes it does...sometimes it doesn't. It is a Santa Cruz after all...
    I am immune to your disdain.

MEDBLKANOSCBLT2RP23
    grease gun, grease, a neopreme chainstay protector and a bottle opener aka derailleur hanger.

mtbr member
    hey, whats everyone running their rear shock on? im 145 lbs, running at 2 click away from full rebound, with light propedal on normally.

Surly OG
    Sweet bike! and a Revelation with a 20mm Maxle Light... On the market and on bikes...... the only fox 15qr I've seen have been on Pro's bikes, Yeti Demos, and with custom 15mm Adapters for 20mm hubs.....

Fox Late to the dance and shot in the foot.... Nice going.... Glad I got my 454 U-turn Air.
    Earn your turns. )'(

mtbr member

I love my Blur LT

I got mine early August and cant believe how awesome it is. It was an upgrade from a classic Blur ive had for years. Ive had it on some really tough trails. I live in southern Utah so i know rough rocky trails. The Blur descends so well. It also peddles as good or better than my classic Blur. Im not going to lie its amazing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree' -- probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.

mtbr member
    Sympton, how do you like the fox 36 fork on there? i got the revelation thinking 160mm up front would make the bikes geometry not optimal.

mtbr member

fox 36

i really like it. i too was kind of concerned when i got it that it might be to tall. but ive found that it handles really well. i ride alot of really rocky stuff and it soaks it right up. i will admit on really steep climbs it does feel like it wants to fly of the ground but thats why i got the talas, so i could drop it down a notch. over all im really impressed. no issues yet. im still happy.
    As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree' -- probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast