The endless excuses guy
    May 2004

Lower Pivot Protection-Nomad

I didn't have luck using the search function for this. I'm interested in what you are using for lower pivot area protectors/bras/covers. Pictures and/or dimensions would be nice. Thanks
    Press "1" for English. Press "2" to be deported

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    look for similar threads regarding blur's, people have posted solution for the blur lower pivot

Protection from what? Been on mine for 6 months now with lots of miles in different conditions, although not tons of sloppy conditions; no problems down there (did have a squeak from an upper pivot axle, quickly fixed with a cleaning/regrease, but that's been the only pivot grief so far).
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

The endless excuses guy
    May 2004
    I'd like to protect it from mud and slop. The lower pivot link gets to be like a serving platter full of crud as well as the bottom side getting power washed when running through water.

I haven't had much luck with searching previous posts about this, but I do remember discussions and pictures of people's solutions, for example, a modified lizard skin or inner tube.

THX
    Press "1" for English. Press "2" to be deported

Redwood Dancer
    Yeah, like a mud platter. I've noticed that. Sealed bearing are a misnomer anyway. If they were totally sealed they wouldn't turn! I'll have to search for info on this maintenance. I had a old FSR specialized that I let go too long on rear susp work... sad outcome.
    RAIL OR F*!%#!*^G BAIL