Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1272
    Calm Like a Bomb
    Switched over to a 1x10 drivetrain. Weight is 28.21 lbs. iPhone pic (I really need a camera).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-p4pb8251750.jpg  

V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

Pin it

* Frame Size & Color: Matte Black Nomad (L)
    * Fork: Lyrik RC2DH
    * Brakes: Elixer 5
    * Cranks: XT 38x26
    * Front Derailleur: SLX
    * Rear Derailleur: XT
    * Chain Device: MRP 2X
    * Pedals: Forte Flat Pedals / XT trail clipless
    * Handlebar: Atalas 780mm
    * Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF EXO
    * Front Rim: Stans Flow
    * Front Hub/Skewer: Hope Pro 2
    * Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF EXO
    * Rear Rim: Mavic 321
    * Rear Hub/Skewer: XT

mtbr member

Just built it up last night

Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-new-nomad-001-resize.jpg
    "Speed focuses the mind. It cuts through the fog of drab everyday living and keeps us on our toes."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes10 View Post
    Switched over to a 1x10 drivetrain. Weight is 28.21 lbs. iPhone pic (I really need a camera).
    That is a sexy bike!
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    @Bigskyguy:

Wonderful bike!

Can you tell me, if the decals are just stickers or if they are under the clearcoat?

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a NOMAD AL, but IŽd like to put on retro Santa Cruz decals.

Greetings and thanks a lot!

Znarf

mtbr member

Clear coat

Hey Zarf,
    The stickers are clear coated over, as best as I can tell. There is no way to hook a fingernail under them. I didn't specify as to how I wanted the bike painted etc as I was getting a "bro deal" and didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. I'm pretty sure you can order your bike with paint and decals to your liking from SC.

Hope this helps.

PS the DHX rc4 is the bomb. Get it. It's worth the extra oz's.
    "Speed focuses the mind. It cuts through the fog of drab everyday living and keeps us on our toes."

Calm Like a Bomb
    Anyone 5'7" running a small? Been riding a medium for a few seasons now and thinking about switching to a small.
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    This is mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-456332_10152188096525455_1925918488_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Updates during this season/ summer:
    -50mm stem, with 750 bars (was 65 and 711 previously) > much better, feels same lenght top tube-wise, but with more leverage and better nose pick-up.
    -Evolver ISX 6 shock and air volume reducers for Float R (been using both shocks), both have their sides, but ISX is a better overall as it allows lower airpressures and better small bump sensitiveness
    -Specialized Black lite post
    -Spank spike pedals
    -Easton Havocs 2011
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-nomad.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice bikes. Always liked Nomads. The mk1.5 (tehdually's bike) always looked better to me than the mkII. Its the top tube slope and it just looks more badass to me. Although the mkII would likely fit my riding style more than the mk1/mk1.5s.

Calm Like a Bomb
    Update on mine. Running an angleset to get the HA at 65.4* and loving it so far. Other changes since last pic include Muddy Mary FR 2.35" tires (won't ever change again) and X0 Trail brakes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-p4pb8900961.jpg  

Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-p4pb8900963.jpg  

V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex31 View Post
    For folks in this SC forum....

Spec as follow;
    Santa Cruz Nomad Lime Green Powercoated M size 2012
    Fox DHX RC4 Kashima
    Fox 36 Van 160 Fit RC2 Kashima

cockpit
    handlebars - RaceFace Sixc Carbon Handlebar 2011 730mm
    stem - RaceFace Diabolus D2 Stem - Limited Edition 2012 50mm/0 degree
    grips - RaceFace Grips Diabolus Grips With Locks Brown
    brakes - Hope M4 Special Edition 203mm F&R
    seatpost - Thomson Elite InLine Seatpost 30.9mm 410mm BLACK
    seat - WTB Saddles Silverado Lopes LE 55 Saddle 2011 Black - Ti Rails
    pedals - Time Pedals Clipless - MTB Z Freeride Pedals Black

wheels
    front hub - Chris King 20mm Mango
    rear hub - Chris King Funn bolt upgraded Mango
    rims - ZTR Flow Mango
    spokes - Wheelsmith

front tire - Maxxis Highroller 2.35 UST
    rear tire - Maxxis Ardent 2.25 UST

gears
    shifters - XTR 9 Speed
    front der - Shimano SLX Front Mech Top Swing 9sp M665 34.9mm -Dual Pull -36-22T
    rear der - Shimano Saint Rear Mech 9sp M810 Mid Cage
    cranks - Shimano Saint Chainset Double M810-2
    bash- Saint
    cassette - Shimano XT Cassette 9 Speed M770

Where did you get those hoops? planning to build myself new wheelset and the one slapped on yours is what I plan to... can you share details where you purchased them? thanks... I'm in the Philippines by the way... thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Sorry for the ignorance but not up to speed on everything, whats the difference between a nomad and a nomad MK2?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by saddle pimp View Post
    Where did you get those hoops? planning to build myself new wheelset and the one slapped on yours is what I plan to... can you share details where you purchased them? thanks... I'm in the Philippines by the way... thanks!!!
    Hi Pimp,

Got those locally in Singapore and in limited numbers. If you have mates in singapore, get them to hup leong (distributor) or Two wheel action (build mine there)..

cost about the $200ish..

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by saddle pimp View Post
    Welcome to PROJECT 321 - Manufacturer of High-Quality Aftermarket Accessories for Your Bicycle, Automobile, Motocross Bike and Quad has them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Idea!

FYI, mine is mango colours, not gold... Not found in project 321

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

My Weekend pleasure.....

The bike cheks:

Freeride / Enduro Gravity 's Alu SC Nomad - rizwan.rizal's Bike Check - Vital MTB (Click the link)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-super-best-10.jpg  

Absurd
    Just picked up the frame.... more to come. At least there's one function I can try out before its built up!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdually View Post
    This is mine
    NICE!

(fyi, i posted the same question at the carbon nomad gallery)
    can anybody tell me how to fit the cb opium wheelset on an aluminum nomad? afaik, the opium rear hub is 150mm and the nomad is made for 135mm. i've seen nomads on the net which are equipped with this wheel. how can this be done? thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    NICE!

(fyi, i posted the same question at the carbon nomad gallery)
    can anybody tell me how to fit the cb opium wheelset on an aluminum nomad? afaik, the opium rear hub is 150mm and the nomad is made for 135mm. i've seen nomads on the net which are equipped with this wheel. how can this be done? thanks!
    Must be the Iodine wheelset which is available in either 135 or 142TA and 20mm front.
    http://=http://www.bikebling.com/Cra...3-wheelset.htm
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    Must be the Iodine wheelset which is available in either 135 or 142TA and 20mm front.
    I wish they were indeed Iodines (in red). That would make things a lot easier for me.

BUT they are really Opium wheelsets on Nomads...
    I'd post a link to pics but it says I need 10 posts before I'm allowed to

How do they do it?!

Calm Like a Bomb
    Contact Crank Brothers. Pretty sure I remember that people can custom build.
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    I wish they were indeed Iodines (in red). That would make things a lot easier for me.

BUT they are really Opium wheelsets on Nomads...
    I'd post a link to pics but it says I need 10 posts before I'm allowed to

How do they do it?!
    Could be a Transition special build. I know they ran CB stuff for their team at least last year. I could see the them needing that build. You would be well served with a set of Chris King hubs built with Stan Flow rims. Mine are pretty light and super bulletproof having held up with almost no truing for quite some time including multiple trips to Whistler bike park. LOVE them.

The thing about 150 hubs - the disc is in the wrong place for 142 and 135 frames so it can't be the 150 hub. I wouldn't be surprised if the rims are the same for Iodines. Why would this even be such a big deal? Don't make no sense to me.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    Could be a Transition special build. I know they ran CB stuff for their team at least last year. I could see the them needing that build. You would be well served with a set of Chris King hubs built with Stan Flow rims. Mine are pretty light and super bulletproof having held up with almost no truing for quite some time including multiple trips to Whistler bike park. LOVE them.

The thing about 150 hubs - the disc is in the wrong place for 142 and 135 frames so it can't be the 150 hub. I wouldn't be surprised if the rims are the same for Iodines. Why would this even be such a big deal? Don't make no sense to me.
    To be honest I really just want the Iodine wheelset in red. CB doesn't make them and reserves the red color for the Opium. I was excited when I saw these Nomads with Opiums on them but couldn't figure out how it was installed.

I currently have Hope Pro 2s, Wheelsmith spokes and 819 Mavics. This is more than enough for my skill level. But I've always wanted a Nomad and now I'm seriously considering to upgrade.

mtbr member
    To be honest I really just want the Iodine wheelset in red. CB doesn't make them and reserves the red color for the Opium. I was excited when I saw these Nomads with Opiums on them but couldn't figure out how it was installed.

I currently have Hope Pro 2s, Wheelsmith spokes and 819 Mavics. This is more than enough for my skill level. But I've always wanted a Nomad and now I'm seriously considering to upgrade.
    The ones you were asking about look orange on my screen.
    "It looks flexy"

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast