Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1272
    Calm Like a Bomb
    I'll have to see which one I prefer. I am looking for better small bump though and I think the Float may match my new rear a little better. We'll see. Hopefully I can have everything on my bike in time to beat the inevitable snow.
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Best bike. Ever.

Fox 36 TALAS 180 FIT RC2
    Fox DHX RC4 Coil

mtbr member
    Looks wise, almost a clone of mine! NICE!!! Are you planning on the Push link with that coil?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Damnit, I want 180mm fork...

By the way the needle bearing (RWC delivers nicely around the globe) makes miracles to the rear end action... Now, I would install that to any shock from now-on!

mtbr member
    I just ordered the RWC bearings for the link mount only, the frame mount doesnt move much at all!

Calm Like a Bomb
    So I was finally able to ride the Mad with the new link and it does what it says it does. Much more testing is needed of course but first impressions are good. It wasn't the ideal testing scenario with colder temps and wet riding but it really transforms the ride for the better. The bike pretty much keeps the same pedaling efficiency but feels super plush on the downs over rocks/roots. It really felt like I was riding a pedal friendly V-10 (for the lack of a better comparison). Great compliment to my riding style and my V-10. Also, I felt like the rear wheel was glued to the ground when climbing leading to more tracking. Glad I had a chance to ride it before the snow hits.

iPhone pics (still waiting on fork and wheels):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-img_0128.jpg  

Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-img_0129.jpg  

Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-img_0130.jpg  

Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-img_0131.jpg  

V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    My Nomad MK2 is coming, at 6.0 tall i hope i make the right decision in choose large size frame...
    Anyone could drop some opinions about this cause i have fear if is the right size for me.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmplusTarenBrasil View Post
    My Nomad MK2 is coming, at 6.0 tall i hope i make the right decision in choose large size frame...
    Anyone could drop some opinions about this cause i have fear if is the right size for me.
    Thanks.
    I'm 5'11" and ride an XL. On my hardtail from a different brand I ride a medium. Really depends on the brand and model and how you are proportioned.

How did you decided on the Large?
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    @ Brasil, I think you will be good! A medium might feel cramped, forcing you to run a longer stem! With the large, you will be able to keep the stem length rite around 50mm! My opinion is based on the average 6' guy, unless you have T-rex arms!!!

Pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by AmplusTarenBrasil View Post
    Thanks.
    I'm 6' and just ordered a large. I test rode a buddy's XL and threw a 50mm stem on it and it still felt a little long for me. I'm planning on running a 55 or 60mm stem on the nomad, because I currently am running a 50mm on a bike with a 23.5 TT and want a little more room on the climbs.

mtbr member
    Thanks alot for your opinions everyone!
    My setup will be whith 80mm stem,160mm fork, 2x9 drivetrain and a dropper seatpost.
    When my bike be completely assembled i will post a picture here.
    Thanks again.

mtbr member

Sold my Hammerschmidt so I pulled it from the Nomad and reinstalled the SLX cranks and XT front derailleur. Also had my Fox DHX Air serviced...feels much better....
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    VIC, what is your total weight now? My pig has gone up to 35 Lbs since switching to all coil and finally getting a real AM wheelset, the Atomlab Pimplite! I went tubeless and bought a tubeless tire as well in Kenda Nevegal 2.35s. I will be switching soon to the same standard tire that is about 200g lighter each! With a few odds and ends I want to get to 33Lbs![IMG]atomlab 005.jpg[/IMG][IMG]kenda 001.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-atomlab-005.jpg  

Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-kenda-001.jpg  

Calm Like a Bomb
    socalMX your Mad is looking great!

Got the new fork and wheels on (rear wheel on temporarily with a CB qr. Need a 135x12 to 10mm that's actually lighter). It weighs in at 28.70 lbs. Will post some pics when I get the proper axle.
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    VIC, what is your total weight now?
    No idea....I don't own a scale... I'll check next time my Nomad is at the LBS...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes10 View Post
    socalMX your Mad is looking great!

Got the new fork and wheels on (rear wheel on temporarily with a CB qr. Need a 135x12 to 10mm that's actually lighter). It weighs in at 28.70 lbs. Will post some pics when I get the proper axle.
    Dam thats lite! Post pics soon! Im thinking of switching to a Air fork to save 1/2 pound, possibly Lyrik solo? The tires will shed alot and maybe a Ti-spring?

mtbr member
    VIC, what is your total weight now? My pig has gone up to 35 Lbs since switching to all coil and finally getting a real AM wheelset, the Atomlab Pimplite! I went tubeless and bought a tubeless tire as well in Kenda Nevegal 2.35s. I will be switching soon to the same standard tire that is about 200g lighter each! With a few odds and ends I want to get to 33Lbs![IMG]atomlab 005.jpg[/IMG][IMG]kenda 001.jpg[/IMG]
    Have you got any sort of a ride report on the wheelset yet. You've got me thinking about changing mine now. That blue/white would really match my ride. But colours aside, it has to withstand some abuse and not be too heavy...

How long until you are joining the Carbon gang incidentally??
    Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon - Specialized Demo 8 II
    YKYMF - YouTube Channel - AM/DH Vids

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yippee_Ki_YayMF View Post
    Have you got any sort of a ride report on the wheelset yet. You've got me thinking about changing mine now. That blue/white would really match my ride. But colours aside, it has to withstand some abuse and not be too heavy...

THere's a guy from Canfield in the classifieds selling a blue king hubset/white flow rim wheelset - those would frigging rock. I almost bought them but since I have the black frame I went with black on black on black on black wheels
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    THere's a guy from Canfield in the classifieds selling a blue king hubset/white flow rim wheelset - those would frigging rock. I almost bought them but since I have the black frame I went with black on black on black on black wheels
    Looking it up now ..................

Yeah they look sweet and would really compliment my colour scheme, considering I have pretty much committed to the ano blue highlights on the black/white MadC.
    Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon - Specialized Demo 8 II
    YKYMF - YouTube Channel - AM/DH Vids

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Sweet ride SocalMX...

Calm Like a Bomb
    Still need a proper rear axle (it's on the way). Weight = 28.70 lbs in the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-p4pb7463739.jpg  

Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-p4pb7463743.jpg  

Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-p4pb7463745.jpg  

Lets see those new Nomad Mk2's-p4pb7463747.jpg  

V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yippee_Ki_YayMF View Post

Been out on them twice now and im impressed! They are super stiff and track really well! With my tire combo, 2.35s (was running a more XC setup before with a 2.10 rear) I pretty much roll over everything! The wheels have a reputation of being bombproof! They would be stellar laced up to some King hubs! I would also REALLY consider these- Loaded USA :: Loaded Precision Components ...They have some nice stuff!

@Pipes, man that looks sweet both ways! Those new wheels really make the ano frame stand out now! What axle? Were your rear wheels a through axle and you need a conversion axle?

Calm Like a Bomb
    @Pipes, man that looks sweet both ways! Those new wheels really make the ano frame stand out now! What axle? Were your rear wheels a through axle and you need a conversion axle?
    The Iodines are a qr while the Eastons are a 12mm thru axle. Just waiting on a 135x12 to 10mm conversion axle (which is actually lighter than the CB qr).
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    What conversion axle are you getting? I have the same size rear hub, I bought an Azonic axle a LBS had in stock, it was only $13 but I want to find a better one!

Calm Like a Bomb
    Sun Ringle. It's 56g with bolts, my buddy is running one with Ti bolts at 50g.
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast