Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Lets see those LT2s

Frames, built bikes, weights, opinions, lets have it!
    You can't make a racehorse out of a donkey, but you can make a fast donkey.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Mine ain't due to arrive at the shop til mid May. Pictures will be coming for sure though.
    In an earlier thread, I did post an anodized skidmark from Sea Otter.

Who has theirs and are riding it?

mtbr member
    I'm in the same boat... Waiting on a white lg ordered all the way back in February. Maybe I should order a replacement now, cause when the first one finally arrives, I'll probably wear it out in a month I'm gonna ride so much!

emtb.pl

Goog news!

Ha, my distr was right that first order-first get!
    My XL skidmark will be here end of next week (laying in customs in the moment)

My build will be as follows:
    08 Talas RC2
    RP 23 (nothing more mature offered)
    XT 11-34casette&cranks (22-32-44)
    XTR Shadow RD (med cage) &FD &shifters
    Rohloff chain
    Joplin R (finally arrived from warranty clamp exchange plus upgraded to Remote for free:P)
    WTB PureV
    Mango King HD +FunBolts + Mav819 +NobbyNic sankeskin2.25 (possibly 2.4 if fits) rear
    Mango King + Blunt650B+NeoMoto front
    Hope Mono M4 8"&7"
    Syntace Vector Carbon 31.8 27" bars (12deg rear sweep)
    Thomson X4 0deg 90mm
    Ergon GE1 grips
    Candy SL pedals

Should be below 31lbs total

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by krolik
    Joplin R (finally arrived from warranty clamp exchange plus upgraded to Remote for free:P)
    When you say finally, how long are you talking? I sent my peddles into Crank Bros for a warranty repair about 2 weeks ago, and I was told it would be a 2-3 day turn around on their end... I may have to find something else to use in the meantime.

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man
    When you say finally, how long are you talking? I sent my peddles into Crank Bros for a warranty repair about 2 weeks ago, and I was told it would be a 2-3 day turn around on their end... I may have to find something else to use in the meantime.
    Finally means it took 3.5 weeks Poland-USA-Poland, express shipping on both ends. Mind you we had a free long weekend here in Poland which delays the shipping 4days on my side.

sinner
    Jan 2007
    My Lrg should be here by the end of the week

Ano Skid mark Frame
    rp23 (soon to be Pushed)
    Pushed Float 32
    XTR cranks
    XTR shifters
    XTR re der
    Hayes Stroker Trails
    Stans Flow rims on Hugi 240's
    thompson Stem and post
    Truvativ Dh bar
    Michi Dry 2 in 2.3 front and rear.

Wont know what it weighs until I weigh it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by krolik
    Finally means it took 3.5 weeks Poland-USA-Poland, express shipping on both ends. Mind you we had a free long weekend here in Poland which delays the shipping 4days on my side.
    Thanks that makes me feel a little better. Hopefully, my peddles won't be much longer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Waiting for my medium (sand powdercoat) Blur LT2. should be here next week. CAN'T WAIT!!!

FORK Pike 454 dual air
    SHOCK Float RP23
    REAR DER SRAM X9 long cage
    FRONT DER Shimano M770A (XT)
    SHIFTERS SRAM X9 triggers
    CRANKSET TruVativ Stylo Team w/ Giga X Drive 22/32/44
    CASSETTE SRAM PG 980, 11-34
    BRAKES Avid Juicy 7's w/ 185mm rotors
    BRAKE LEVERS Avid Juicy 7's
    BARS Race Face Atlas low riser
    STEM Race Face Atlas AM
    GRIPS Lizard Skin lock on
    HEADSET Cane Creek S3
    SEAT POST Thomson
    SADDLE WTB Pure V Stealth
    WHEELS DT 5.1 rims laced to DT 340 hubs w/DT 14/15 spokes, alloy nipples.
    TIRES Kenda Nevegal 2.35 folding
    TUBES Kenda Freeride

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Ok....you guys that are riding next wk on the BLT2, you have to confess...WHEN did you place the order?

I placed at the start of March, and was told ETA of last part of June. After some following up, they pushed it up to Mid May.

You guys got to have ordered Feburary?

emtb.pl

Late Feb

I placed my order last week of February. Up to last week I was assured the frame will be here late June as L & XL are produced in a second run.
    And yesterday - BANG, the distr says guys at SC did a great job and my frame is already here in Poland just laing in customs and should be at his shop on monday. Still I need to wait for the DHL so probably wednesday.

I need a headset though and just placed my order - mango bits with the skidmark should look nice, plus I have them left from my LT:P Another nice thing is that Joplin post has all these bits in mango. And I mean mango, not close to mango. The ano is IDENTICAL on King mango and CrankBros Joplin

MOBtown
    Here you go. Just got it today. Medium black ano. Should be built by tomorrow night. I will post some pics when its finished. Frame looks amazing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KENDA

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    My local bike store had two frames on order already when I walked in four weeks ago. Got one of them :-)

The black frame looks sweet!

mtbr member
    doesn't look like they are made in the USA like the nomads

Surly OG

nope-

Made in Taiwan for a Made in USA price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Earn your turns. )'(

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    looks better than any made in the usa frame i've ever seen. whats wrong with spending the extra money on making things nicer rather than making them cheaper? Besides, your dollar from a few years ago is worth quite a bit less now, so if you consider value and not the "number" you have a different comparison. This is an interesting website to check out if you are so inclined: http://www.measuringworth.com

Use the "relative values" of US$ from 2005 (the last US Blurs produced) and compare to 2007 (the latest data available), and you see the difference in prices. Since 1/1/08 until today its been a steady decline also, so that would even be a conservative value.

Thanks to our friends in Washington and corporate whores everywhere!

Surly OG
    yeah, SPC / ISO mfg methods with a reduced number of operators tending precision numeric controlled robots will make a nicer bead every time. I'm skeptical it costs more to make the frames in that manner even adjusting for "values". Off shore mfg's surely DO NOT have the ENVIRONMENTAL / Hazardous materials Considerations we have here in the US either. So they look prettier, cost more and are more detrimental to the planet..... nice trade off....

I'm kind of partial to feeding an American family. But that's just me.

Have you scrutinized a Moots, or Merlin, or Yeti or Ventana frame.... all hand welded and mighty fine work. Paul Sadoff, Rick Hunter, John Caletti these guys are artists with a Tig torch. If a machine welded frame looks better than any Made in USA frame you've ever seen, I think you may need to look more closely at more US made frames.
    Earn your turns. )'(

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    it sucks big time that so many frames are made out of states or N America. hope that one day we will have back in here all the production. corp sucks. let the wheels rollin'.
    cheers sc owners.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnBikerDan
    Have you scrutinized a Moots, or Merlin, or Yeti or Ventana frame.... all hand welded and mighty fine work. Paul Sadoff, Rick Hunter, John Caletti these guys are artists with a Tig torch. If a machine welded frame looks better than any Made in USA frame you've ever seen, I think you may need to look more closely at more US made frames.
    Yeti makes frames in Taiwan too.

Numerous US frame builders use materials and parts from overseas in their US made framesets.

Taiwan has world class bike manufacturers, so that argument isn't solid. They build it to the spec requested by the brand and can do anything they want in terms of quality and features.

You have a very poor understanding of modern economics if you are spouting that typical made in the USA story.

Look on the "bright" side though. Since this country has been run horribly over the last 8 years our dollar is weak enough for both domestic and foreign companies to bring more production back our way.
    Last edited by syadasti; 05-08-2008 at 04:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    hey those are new frame graphics - where is the 'swoosh' over the lettering and on the seat stay - does this mean all frames are getting the new look?

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy
    hey those are new frame graphics - where is the 'swoosh' over the lettering and on the seat stay - does this mean all frames are getting the new look?
    yep I've noticed that too.
    shame as I liked it - it looked somewhat retro.

HIKE!

Taiwan

Yeah, you'd think with attention to detail, better accuracy and precision, superior fabrication all around, better finish and assembly, the superior Taiwanese frames would cost alot more than the USA made.

mtbr member
    Or maybe the $1750 price of a powdercoated frame would be over 2k like an Intense 5.5.

Bomber
    Quote Originally Posted by syadasti

Numerous US frame builders use materials and parts from overseas in their US made framesets.

Taiwan has world class bike manufacturers, so that argument isn't solid. They build it to the spec requested by the brand and can do anything they want in terms of quality and features.

You have a very poor understanding of modern economics if you are spouting that typical made in the USA story.

Look on the "bright" side though. Since this country has been run horribly over the last 8 years our dollar is weak enough for both domestic and foreign companies to bring more production back our way.

Amen to that! The latest Taiwan frames have become increasingly higher in quality, and not just from Santa Cruz.
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before, and to hear the lamentation of the women."

Surly OG

What about the Environmental issues?

Their high volume models are Taiwan made. - AS-X , DJ, and 575 and their prices reflect that fact, being $100's cheaper than they would be if US made.

I don't care, I have my preference for US made frames for personal reasons.

Never said they didn't, on the contrary, SPC derived mass production mfg that has been adopted by Asian markets was the brain child of an American who was snubbed by US big business. BUT 1 operator tending 4-10 robots isn't a craftsman, he's an operator/engineer.

OTOH - Taiwan doesn't have the environmental standards in place, I wouldn't be surprised that they dump toxic mfg by products directly into the environment. And expose their operators to all the toxic fumes from tig welding to boot.

What can you say about the continual damage being done by them to our already injured planet?

What kind of carbon footprint does a Taiwan made frame have compared to a US made one? Factory, Truck, Ship, Truck, Truck,shop? compared to factory, truck, truck,shop.
    and that's not considering the Carbon footprint of getting the production materials to the factories, and unregulated environmental concerns.

so maybe that's why they cost more; in order to get my made in Taiwan bike, I gotta pay compensation to put more hurt on the environment.

What story is that? I want to buy local American to feed a local American family?

That "bright" side might be a Nuclear flash

I'm learning Mandarin and Cantonese in preparation, and digging a bomb shelter.
    Earn your turns. )'(

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast