Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lets see those LT2s

339K views 1K replies 300 participants last post by  Under_Pressure 
#1 ·
Frames, built bikes, weights, opinions, lets have it!

#1,183 ·
Here's an updated picture of my 2012 LT2 with the 650B conversion... in the last few weeks I've put on a Fox Float Power Boost Kashima rear shock and a Fox 32 150 FIT RLC Kashima front fork. I'm about to swap out the tires to a Trail Taker 2.4" in front and move the Ardent EXO 2.25" from the front to the rear; a slightly more burly setup for my upcoming trips to Fruita, Moab, Aspen, and Crested Butte.

#4 ·
Goog news!

Ha, my distr was right that first order-first get!
My XL skidmark will be here end of next week (laying in customs in the moment)

My build will be as follows:
08 Talas RC2
RP 23 (nothing more mature offered)
XT 11-34casette&cranks (22-32-44)
XTR Shadow RD (med cage) &FD &shifters
Rohloff chain
Joplin R (finally arrived from warranty clamp exchange plus upgraded to Remote for free:p)
WTB PureV
Mango King HD +FunBolts + Mav819 +NobbyNic sankeskin2.25 (possibly 2.4 if fits) rear
Mango King + Blunt650B+NeoMoto front
Hope Mono M4 8"&7"
Syntace Vector Carbon 31.8 27" bars (12deg rear sweep)
Thomson X4 0deg 90mm
Ergon GE1 grips
Candy SL pedals

Should be below 31lbs total

#5 ·
krolik said:
Joplin R (finally arrived from warranty clamp exchange plus upgraded to Remote for free:p)
When you say finally, how long are you talking? I sent my peddles into Crank Bros for a warranty repair about 2 weeks ago, and I was told it would be a 2-3 day turn around on their end... I may have to find something else to use in the meantime.

#6 ·
Boogie Man said:
When you say finally, how long are you talking? I sent my peddles into Crank Bros for a warranty repair about 2 weeks ago, and I was told it would be a 2-3 day turn around on their end... I may have to find something else to use in the meantime.
Finally means it took 3.5 weeks Poland-USA-Poland, express shipping on both ends. Mind you we had a free long weekend here in Poland which delays the shipping 4days on my side.

#7 ·
My Lrg should be here by the end of the week

Ano Skid mark Frame
rp23 (soon to be Pushed)
Pushed Float 32
XTR cranks
XTR shifters
XTR re der
Hayes Stroker Trails
Stans Flow rims on Hugi 240's
thompson Stem and post
Truvativ Dh bar
Michi Dry 2 in 2.3 front and rear.

Wont know what it weighs until I weigh it.

#9 ·
Waiting for my medium (sand powdercoat) Blur LT2. should be here next week. CAN'T WAIT!!!

FORK Pike 454 dual air
SHOCK Float RP23
REAR DER SRAM X9 long cage
FRONT DER Shimano M770A (XT)
SHIFTERS SRAM X9 triggers
CRANKSET TruVativ Stylo Team w/ Giga X Drive 22/32/44
CASSETTE SRAM PG 980, 11-34
BRAKES Avid Juicy 7's w/ 185mm rotors
BRAKE LEVERS Avid Juicy 7's
BARS Race Face Atlas low riser
STEM Race Face Atlas AM
GRIPS Lizard Skin lock on
HEADSET Cane Creek S3
SEAT POST Thomson
SADDLE WTB Pure V Stealth
WHEELS DT 5.1 rims laced to DT 340 hubs w/DT 14/15 spokes, alloy nipples.
TIRES Kenda Nevegal 2.35 folding
TUBES Kenda Freeride

#10 ·
Ok....you guys that are riding next wk on the BLT2, you have to confess...WHEN did you place the order?

I placed at the start of March, and was told ETA of last part of June. After some following up, they pushed it up to Mid May.

You guys got to have ordered Feburary?

#11 ·
Late Feb

I placed my order last week of February. Up to last week I was assured the frame will be here late June as L & XL are produced in a second run.
And yesterday - BANG, the distr says guys at SC did a great job and my frame is already here in Poland just laing in customs and should be at his shop on monday. Still I need to wait for the DHL so probably wednesday.

I need a headset though and just placed my order - mango bits with the skidmark should look nice, plus I have them left from my LT:p Another nice thing is that Joplin post has all these bits in mango. And I mean mango, not close to mango. The ano is IDENTICAL on King mango and CrankBros Joplin

#16 ·
looks better than any made in the usa frame i've ever seen. whats wrong with spending the extra money on making things nicer rather than making them cheaper? Besides, your dollar from a few years ago is worth quite a bit less now, so if you consider value and not the "number" you have a different comparison. This is an interesting website to check out if you are so inclined: http://www.measuringworth.com

Use the "relative values" of US$ from 2005 (the last US Blurs produced) and compare to 2007 (the latest data available), and you see the difference in prices. Since 1/1/08 until today its been a steady decline also, so that would even be a conservative value.

Thanks to our friends in Washington and corporate whores everywhere!

#17 ·
yeah, SPC / ISO mfg methods with a reduced number of operators tending precision numeric controlled robots will make a nicer bead every time. I'm skeptical it costs more to make the frames in that manner even adjusting for "values". Off shore mfg's surely DO NOT have the ENVIRONMENTAL / Hazardous materials Considerations we have here in the US either. So they look prettier, cost more and are more detrimental to the planet..... nice trade off....

I'm kind of partial to feeding an American family. But that's just me.

Have you scrutinized a Moots, or Merlin, or Yeti or Ventana frame.... all hand welded and mighty fine work. Paul Sadoff, Rick Hunter, John Caletti these guys are artists with a Tig torch. If a machine welded frame looks better than any Made in USA frame you've ever seen, I think you may need to look more closely at more US made frames.

#19 · (Edited)
MtnBikerDan said:
Have you scrutinized a Moots, or Merlin, or Yeti or Ventana frame.... all hand welded and mighty fine work. Paul Sadoff, Rick Hunter, John Caletti these guys are artists with a Tig torch. If a machine welded frame looks better than any Made in USA frame you've ever seen, I think you may need to look more closely at more US made frames.
Yeti makes frames in Taiwan too.

Numerous US frame builders use materials and parts from overseas in their US made framesets.

Taiwan has world class bike manufacturers, so that argument isn't solid. They build it to the spec requested by the brand and can do anything they want in terms of quality and features.

You have a very poor understanding of modern economics if you are spouting that typical made in the USA story.

Look on the "bright" side though. Since this country has been run horribly over the last 8 years our dollar is weak enough for both domestic and foreign companies to bring more production back our way.

#24 ·
syadasti said:
Yeti makes frames in Taiwan too.

Numerous US frame builders use materials and parts from overseas in their US made framesets.

Taiwan has world class bike manufacturers, so that argument isn't solid. They build it to the spec requested by the brand and can do anything they want in terms of quality and features.

You have a very poor understanding of modern economics if you are spouting that typical made in the USA story.

Look on the "bright" side though. Since this country has been run horribly over the last 8 years our dollar is weak enough for both domestic and foreign companies to bring more production back our way.
Amen to that! The latest Taiwan frames have become increasingly higher in quality, and not just from Santa Cruz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.