Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1247
  1. #1176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    101

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Cottonwood, Las Vegas

  2. #1177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    My super awesome :)


  3. #1178
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    43
    I'm looking to pick up an LT2 frame from SC sale but I am looking for opinions on what size. I'm 6'1"ish with around 31.5" inseem, what do you all suggest?

  4. #1179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by OCOutdoors View Post
    I'm looking to pick up an LT2 frame from SC sale but I am looking for opinions on what size. I'm 6'1"ish with around 31.5" inseem, what do you all suggest?
    XL , just sold my L for being too short (see my previous posts in here as well). I am 6.1, 33inseam. I guess your 31.5 inseam gives you a longer torso so a L will be too short unless you plan to run 90+mm stems. Then of course comes the riding style and personal preferences.

  5. #1180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    OCOutdoors, I am 6,1 (185 cm) and my L Blur LT very well for me (climb and descent), with 50 mm stem, 20 mm spacers and Renthal Fat Bar.

  6. #1181
    MarkyMark
    Reputation: MarkMass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,005

    New LTc

    Pulled the trigger and grabbed a large LTc frame from the clearance sale.

    Everything is ready and I'm heading out for my first ride. The 160mm front rotor might be a bit small, but I'm hoping the power of the Formula RX brakes can compensate.

    Santa Cruz Blur LT carbon

  7. #1182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkMass View Post
    The 160mm front rotor might be a bit small, but I'm hoping the power of the Formula RX brakes can compensate.
    Nice bike

    However I would definitely change front rotor to 180 minimum. Unless you are small girl and your descents are very short
    You will BURN this one on anything steep and long, I am afraid

  8. #1183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,492
    Here's an updated picture of my 2012 LT2 with the 650B conversion... in the last few weeks I've put on a Fox Float Power Boost Kashima rear shock and a Fox 32 150 FIT RLC Kashima front fork. I'm about to swap out the tires to a Trail Taker 2.4" in front and move the Ardent EXO 2.25" from the front to the rear; a slightly more burly setup for my upcoming trips to Fruita, Moab, Aspen, and Crested Butte.


  9. #1184
    MarkyMark
    Reputation: MarkMass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by osobny View Post
    However I would definitely change front rotor to 180 minimum. Unless you are small girl and your descents are very short
    You will BURN this one on anything steep and long, I am afraid
    The 160mm front rotor was fine for the riding in Santa Cruz, but I swapped it out for a 180mm just so it wouldn't be an issue in the future. The front brake was still a bit grabby on some of the descents. Unfortunately, modulation isn't something Formula RX brakes are good at.

    I also swapped in a shorter stem (85mm Haven), wider bars (Haven), and raised my stem by 10mm.

    Santa cruz blur ltc

  10. #1185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    102
    The Large Blur has gone. At 6.1" was very shortish for me. An XL carbon has arrived. Yes it feels bigger and not as manoeuvrable as I would like to, wish if I had this package and travel in a TRc geometry or, maybe I will....

    Lets see those LT2s-1.jpg

  11. #1186
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,681
    Quote Originally Posted by bikegreece View Post
    ...it feels bigger and not as manoeuvrable as I would like to, wish if I had this package and travel in a TRc geometry or, maybe I will....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	831560
    Short-shock that rear by about 1/4" by slipping in some spacers. Travel reduction should be down to about 130mm (anecdotal - I short-shocked my 2.5" stroke down to 2.18" stroke, and got ~126mm in travel). You'll slack out the front end just a touch. With all things being equal on your fork's rake (same fork), you'll reduce the bike's trail and should speed up steering (yeah, I know this sounds counter intuitive) a bit while the slacker angle helps w/ high speeds. It'll also lowers your BB a bit too.

    Edit: correction...some bad math. 1/4" short-shocking will get you ~125mm travel.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

  12. #1187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    185
    Paul11y, what needs to be done to short shock the float?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Short-shock that rear by about 1/4" by slipping in some spacers. Travel reduction should be down to about 130mm (anecdotal - I short-shocked my 2.5" stroke down to 2.18" stroke, and got ~126mm in travel). You'll slack out the front end just a touch. With all things being equal on your fork's rake (same fork), you'll reduce the bike's trail and should speed up steering (yeah, I know this sounds counter intuitive) a bit while the slacker angle helps w/ high speeds. It'll also lowers your BB a bit too.

    Edit: correction...some bad math. 1/4" short-shocking will get you ~125mm travel.

  13. #1188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    Short Shocking vs Offset Bushings

    You could also use offset shock bushings to slacken the head tube a degree and drop the BB a little. I'm trying to do this to my LTc but I'm not sure how much offset I can use. Burgtec only sells 3mm offsets and has a kit for the LTc for about $60, so maybe 3mm fits. You can also find them on eBay. Less expensive than a new shock if it'll fit, and no decrease in travel. I tested, and a 2.35 tire (Slant Six in my case) does not contact the seat tube at bottom out if the shock were offset 6mm (total compressed shock length of 146.4mm, see picture).
    Anyone know exactly how much offset you can use on the LTc? My estimation is that 2mm is the maximum offset you can use on the upper and lower mounts before the mount/shock body and rear of shock/linkage make contact, but I'd like to be sure before ordering.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those LT2s-photo-6-.jpg  

    Lets see those LT2s-image-1-.jpg  

    Lets see those LT2s-photo-7-.jpg  

    Lets see those LT2s-photo.jpg  

    Lets see those LT2s-photo-8-.jpg  


  14. #1189
    Big Gulps, Alright!
    Reputation: Berkley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by liketoride View Post
    You could also use offset shock bushings to slacken the head tube a degree and drop the BB a little. I'm trying to do this to my LTc but I'm not sure how much offset I can use. Burgtec only sells 3mm offsets and has a kit for the LTc for about $60, so maybe 3mm fits. You can also find them on eBay. Less expensive than a new shock if it'll fit, and no decrease in travel. I tested, and a 2.35 tire (Slant Six in my case) does not contact the seat tube at bottom out if the shock were offset 6mm (total compressed shock length of 146.4mm, see picture).
    Anyone know exactly how much offset you can use on the LTc? My estimation is that 2mm is the maximum offset you can use on the upper and lower mounts before the mount/shock body and rear of shock/linkage make contact, but I'd like to be sure before ordering.
    JL, I've been looking at this for my aluminum LT2 but with 8mm shock bolts, the most offset I can find is only 1mm at each end. This makes sense since there isn't any room to offset it more. I decided against it because an overall reduction of 2mm in i2i length is negligible and not worth the money. I thought the carbon frame had the same size bolts but maybe not?

  15. #1190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27
    LTc also has 8mm bolts. I've crunched the numbers and think 2mm should fit on both ends. I emailed a few of the offset bushing sellers to double check; I'll report back when they respond. Would be funny if the 3mm kit Burgtec has for the LT2 doesn't actually fit.

  16. #1191
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    185
    I have the offset shock bushing from Proshox, I haven't installed it yet, as I just finished swapping parts over from my LT to LTc this weekend, will do it tomorrow and report back.

    Quote Originally Posted by liketoride View Post
    LTc also has 8mm bolts. I've crunched the numbers and think 2mm should fit on both ends. I emailed a few of the offset bushing sellers to double check; I'll report back when they respond. Would be funny if the 3mm kit Burgtec has for the LT2 doesn't actually fit.

  17. #1192
    Big Gulps, Alright!
    Reputation: Berkley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by liketoride View Post
    LTc also has 8mm bolts. I've crunched the numbers and think 2mm should fit on both ends. I emailed a few of the offset bushing sellers to double check; I'll report back when they respond. Would be funny if the 3mm kit Burgtec has for the LT2 doesn't actually fit.
    Do you have a link to those kits? I didn't think it was physically possible to make a kit with 3mm offset for an 8mm bolt.

    The shock eyelet is 1/2" (12.7mm) in diameter. Subtract 8mm for the diameter of the bolt and you're left with 4.7mm. A non-offset reducer would then have a wall thickness of 2.35mm all around. I read somewhere that you can't have a wall thickness of less than 1mm because it becomes too weak. So the most you could offset the hole would be 1.35mm.

    But I would love to be proven wrong!

  18. #1193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    185
    Just measured the Proshox offset bushing I have has a wall thickness of .65mm, I haven't used it or installed it yet, definitely super thin, we'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    Do you have a link to those kits? I didn't think it was physically possible to make a kit with 3mm offset for an 8mm bolt.

    The shock eyelet is 1/2" (12.7mm) in diameter. Subtract 8mm for the diameter of the bolt and you're left with 4.7mm. A non-offset reducer would then have a wall thickness of 2.35mm all around. I read somewhere that you can't have a wall thickness of less than 1mm because it becomes too weak. So the most you could offset the hole would be 1.35mm.

    But I would love to be proven wrong!

  19. #1194
    Big Gulps, Alright!
    Reputation: Berkley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by xhailofgunfirex View Post
    Just measured the Proshox offset bushing I have has a wall thickness of .65mm, I haven't used it or installed it yet, definitely super thin, we'll see.
    Thanks for the measurement, that's good to know. So with two sets, you get 3.4mm of offset (1.7mm on each end)

  20. #1195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27
    xhailofgunfirex, how many mm offset are your bushings? I thought they only come in 1, 2, and 3mm- did they custom drill them for you? This would make Berkley's 3.4mm calculation make sense..curious to see how they fit and if the effect on geometry is noticeable.

    The hole in the shock is 15mm so it should be doable with 8mm bolts depending on the thicknesses of the bushings and how close to the edge they can drill the offset.

    Here's the ebay link to ProShox. Offset Shock Bushings Mounting Hardware Mount Kit All Frames Proshox | eBay

  21. #1196
    Big Gulps, Alright!
    Reputation: Berkley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,205
    The naked eyelet I.D. is 15mm. But then there's a bushing pressed into that. The I.D. of the bushing is 12.7mm. The offset that xhailofgunfirex has is the most you'll be able to do. 3mm offset only exists for frames with 6mm bolt diameter.

  22. #1197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27
    Thanks for the clarification. I thought the offset kit had reducers with a thinner wall that open the hole to greater than 12.7mm.

    If he actually means the thickness of the reducer is 0.65mm (rather than how thin the wall next to the offset hole is), that opens the ID to 15- 2(.65) = 13.7mm opening, rather than the stock 12.7, which your numbers are based on. Then you get 13.7 eyelet - 8 bolt -1mm for minimum thickness = 4.7mm. 13.7 diameter/2=6.85 radius - 4.7 = 2.15mm. 4-2.15 = 1.85mm offset per eyelet or 3.7mm with both. Will just wait and see how he likes his setup. Should do right about 0.5 degrees slacker this way, similar to the newest gen BLTa at 67.6.

  23. #1198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27
    ProShox just responded and confirmed this, saying his offsets for 8mm bolts provides 1.8mm offset per side or 3.6 for the both, wonder if it's worth it.

  24. #1199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    185
    Alright, so I only purchased one offset bushing, I placed that in the lower shock mount, clearance is fine. I honestly couldn't even tell the difference when measuring the bb height, at best maybe 1/8" though I could be off just measuring between setups.. My phones level accuracy is not enough to tell me if any change in head angle, just putting it on the head tube and taking it off I get different readings. So right now from what I'm seeing it's not worth it for just the one.

    Which there was this discussion a few weeks ago when I ordered it! lol

  25. #1200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27
    I deflated my shock until it sagged as close to 3.6mm as possible and that produced visibly different results in the BB height and HT angle- just under a degree in HT angle and ~10mm BB drop. Thank you for the information. I'll probably get a set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those LT2s-photo-9-.jpg  


Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •