Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1248
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I've been meaning to post a picture of my new Blur LT 650B build... finished a couple of months ago and I've been riding it pretty regularly when there's no snow on the ground here in Colorado. So far I LOVE it- for my type of riding, 27.5" wheels are absolutely perfect.

mtbr member
    I'm saying goodbye to my 2008 BLT, fantastic frame

Lets see those LT2s-p4pb9313473.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    why are you saying goodbye??? you got something new coming down the pike?

mtbr member
    Yes, Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ahhh very nice. what made you choose the nomad carbon over another blur?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I've been meaning to post a picture of my new Blur LT 650B build... finished a couple of months ago and I've been riding it pretty regularly when there's no snow on the ground here in Colorado. So far I LOVE it- for my type of riding, 27.5" wheels are absolutely perfect.

Did you drill out your cable stops? How'd you run full-length housing? That's one of my bigger complaints about the BLT2.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    I think all of the Blur LT's now have full run housing. At least my 2012 does...
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    So while converting my 2011 to 1x10 I had the darndest time fitting my e.13 guide. I ended up taking the hacksaw to the lower roller/guide to make it clear the pivots on the frame. Kind of a ghetto MRP AMG guide. For those with frames without ISCG mounts, what guides will clear the frame and let me keep the bottom roller?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    so riddle me this....what was the logic behind even making lines not run continuous down the bike???? it can't be weight. i can only think of perhaps resistance or smoothness of shifting but all the areas exposed are of course straight runs so the resistance there is nil any how.

on my blt2 i have the runs for the shifting lines going through a small hollow tube of plastic line so it is protected from the outside elements and dirt. it is basically a totally sealed system and has worked very well for over a year.

mtbr member
    Finally got some good pics of it. This is the second real ride with it, so still getting it dialed in.

Lets see those LT2s-0404131229.jpgLets see those LT2s-0404131229a.jpgLets see those LT2s-0404131229b.jpgLets see those LT2s-0404131230.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice ride! How do you like the fork? Is that the 44 RC3?
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    It is the RC3 Ti. I've only had it on proper trails a couple times, but so far I like it. I've had a couple 36's, a Lyrik, and a 32, and in terms of stiffness its noticeably stiffer than the 32. Well worth any extra weight. I'm still getting use to dampening/spring rate etc. It feels way too soft on the road, but once it hits the trails it does an excellent job. Small bump compliance is excellent, and there is no noticeable bottoming out. I'm running 0 psi in the air assist, 1 or two clicks of low speed compression, and I'm still playing with the rebound to get it where I like it.

And I think it looks bomber (pun intended)

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by nielsvk View Post
    Another LT2 from the parking lot sale

Attachment 781710

Attachment 781709

Attachment 781708
    NOW THIS is what I'm aiming for.

Thinking of selling my current bike - plan to upgrade. The Blur LT is definitely on my shortlist. Unfortunately for me we don't have dealers go on sale locally hahaha. Frame of the Blur alone costs more than my whole bike

Anyways, no problems fitting the reverb on there? Is that the 30.9mm version? And what's the total weight for this one? Thinking of using the bike for all mountain and enduro type stuff

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Found my old LT2 frame for sale for cheap and had to buy it back again. Looked pretty rough but have given it a bit of a clean up, cant wait to build it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those LT2s-259149208.jpg  

Lets see those LT2s-259149096.jpg  

Lets see those LT2s-0n5c8070.jpg  

Lets see those LT2s-0n5c8071.jpg  

Lets see those LT2s-0n5c8072.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by prancisfena View Post
    NOW THIS is what I'm aiming for.

Thinking of selling my current bike - plan to upgrade. The Blur LT is definitely on my shortlist. Unfortunately for me we don't have dealers go on sale locally hahaha. Frame of the Blur alone costs more than my whole bike

Anyways, no problems fitting the reverb on there? Is that the 30.9mm version? And what's the total weight for this one? Thinking of using the bike for all mountain and enduro type stuff
    Weight is ~13.2 kg (29.1 lbs). The bare frame (XL) is ~3.2 kg.
    The Reverb is a 30.9 380mm with 125mm travel.

My build leans towards XC/trail. Although I ride very technical trails (vancouver north shore), I'm not that aggressive and pretty slow so the 32 fork and Arch EX wheels are fine for me ;-)

The LT2 is still a great bike. Maybe you can pick up a used frame, lots of people likely to sell it now the Bronson is here...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Did you drill out your cable stops? How'd you run full-length housing? That's one of my bigger complaints about the BLT2.
    There are no cable stops on my frame. (sorry for the late reply!)

I had some issues with my 650B wheelset, so I've temporarily replaced them with a WTB Stryker Cross Country Race pair mounted with an Ardent 2.4" front and Crossmark 2.25" rear. My bike feels light like a feather now- I'm guessing around 27 lbs with the seat-dropper post.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Listen!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeboardorblade View Post
    So while converting my 2011 to 1x10 I had the darndest time fitting my e.13 guide. I ended up taking the hacksaw to the lower roller/guide to make it clear the pivots on the frame. Kind of a ghetto MRP AMG guide. For those with frames without ISCG mounts, what guides will clear the frame and let me keep the bottom roller?

Quote Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLWAGON View Post

Don't ride a Trek anymore
    Sep 2008
    yep! It works out perfectly. if you're gonna run a 1x setup, go with a zee or saint derailleur so you can run short cage (you need the FR specific one for an 11-36 cassette capacity). the XTR only goes down to medium.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Bought last winter frm SC sale. Blur LT2.2 Large
    Great climber for a 140mm bike but I am still trying to short descents and figure out the cockpit. With 70mm stem I feel out of balance at 1.86cm (6.1).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those LT2s-imgp7343.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Tested something new for this year and dropped 36rc2 to 150mm, and also installed Burgtec reducer off set bushing to RP23. Now BB should be 1 cm lower and angles are same as before (HA 66 with works components), after first tests, there is a clear difference and handling is better with lower center of gravity. 30 investment paid off well.

mtbr member
    Bikegreece, what fork are you running(and what travel)? Maybe the fork is running a bit soft compared to the rear?

I had challenges getting my my BLT2.0 sorted out, and found the balance between the front ad rear made a big difference for me.

I also picked up a 2.2 from the sale, and am still tweeking my suspension and cockpit as well. I'm 6 foot on a large frame, also 70mm stem. Gonna run a fox 36 float at 140-150mm(havent decided yet).

krj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic09 View Post
    Tested something new for this year and dropped 36rc2 to 150mm, and also installed Burgtec reducer off set bushing to RP23. Now BB should be 1 cm lower and angles are same as before (HA 66 with works components), after first tests, there is a clear difference and handling is better with lower center of gravity. 30 investment paid off well.
    I'm running a similar set up but I left the fork @ 160. Did you try it ? Why do you think 150 run better ?

Thks

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    True, I feel my fork (a 2012 Marz 44 Micro TA 150mm) a bit soft sometimes. Those times I feel "better" to lock it out and soften the threshold a lot.

I am switching into a 90mm stem and I am looking for a post with 1" offset. Today most of the companies offer 24" (or even longer) top tubes for a large, this is important particular with all those short stems around. SC adopted a longer TT into their carbon Blur frames but the Alu version has an oldish geometry. My 2009 stumpy used to feel like a train into the trails and my anthem x is more stable.
    Could be my riding style, I am an old dog not easy to learn the new tricks. Maybe now at 47, what others call "agile" is "unstable" for me and I cannot ride standing on the pedals to balance all the time. In any case, the bike feels short.

I agree with your 36 choice but, I believe now I prefer it at 160mm. I might start looking for one like this as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well I wanted to maximize bb drop, and also I have fatty tires. Another thing is that I don't want to slacken seat angle more, so fork is now 150. In my case, I have staight 1 1/8" headtube, and angleset actually did slacken seat angle and lifted bb due to high bearing cup at bottom. When it is dry in forest, needle bearing will be put to RP23 another end, let's see how's that behaving.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by VERT1 View Post
    Found my old LT2 frame for sale for cheap and had to buy it back again. Looked pretty rough but have given it a bit of a clean up, cant wait to build it up.
    So here it is built up now, riding just like I remembered it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those LT2s-0n5c8110.jpg  

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast