Beautiful is it cf

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    wow! more than beautiful

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gexas View Post
    Beautiful is it cf
    no, it's AL (2011 frame, no tapered headset)

here are some more pics
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k8g14pxo2og8cqt/bvV5oNEnnh

gwm
    heckler and jekyll
    Lets see those LT2s-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344938535.498271.jpg

My old BLT2. Had to let her go for my TALLBOY.

Still a beautiful beast of a bike!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    nice bike. white color goes well with the frame

mtbr member
    Going to work

and some from my vacations

Nora trail from Surfas on Vimeo.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    My LT2.II Works blue powder coat with raw triangle and 1st gen decal kit/blur, Answer DH/50 stem with carbon 780 bar

mtbr member
    May 2012
    just completed a used blt frameLets see those LT2s-uploadfromtaptalk1352069348500.jpgLets see those LT2s-uploadfromtaptalk1352069365779.jpgLets see those LT2s-uploadfromtaptalk1352069395047.jpgLets see those LT2s-uploadfromtaptalk1352069421670.jpgLets see those LT2s-uploadfromtaptalk1352069453820.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    #LT2allday #Vividair
    Last edited by OLDSKOOLWAGON; 11-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Don't ride a Trek anymore
    Sep 2008

Had shoulder surgery a couple days before I got this shock, so I havent had a chance to ride this setup yet. With that said, here are a few riding photos on my old 32 talas/rp23 setup:

Photobucket

Photobucket

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Any of you LTII riders consider running the NEW XX1 transmission by SRAM?

mtbr member
    No desire, as my 2x10 XT drive train is working perfectly and gives me more range.

But even if I did want it, it's terribly expensive:

RD - $305
    Cassette - $400
    Crank (if you get it) - $285
    Chain - $58
    Chainguide & Bash - $100 - $150

I'd rather spend my money on another complete bike, or some carbon Enve wheels.
    "Got everything you need?"

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLWAGON View Post
    Any of you LTII riders consider running the NEW XX1 transmission by SRAM?
    I'm still having trouble giving up mt 3x setup!

I don't see a 1x11 working well for me . . . . 2x10, probably would be okay. But not a 1x
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    This is how my beauty looked two months before was sold.

Works Components -1deg headset and wider handlebars made huge difference but still was not enough mountain bike for me. Bike was still nervous on steep ascents (front wheel) and descents to my taste. Eventually decided to go NOMAD way.

Lets see those LT2s-blurlt2.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    sweet bike. beautiful pic. to.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    very nice vid/edit Surfas, thanks for sharing!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    here is my lt2 - it's now over 5 months i ride it and this bike is more than cream..
    It is really easy to drive and brings confidence. Notubes wheels with ZTR Arch are also awesome, very light because of the combo tubeless with tubetype tyres.

And i love also my cockpit with a raceface blue anodised handlebar in 720mn, SRAM X9 shifters and shimano XT brakes

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    No desire, as my 2x10 XT drive train is working perfectly and gives me more range.

But even if I did want it, it's terribly expensive:

RD - $305
    Cassette - $400
    Crank (if you get it) - $285
    Chain - $58
    Chainguide & Bash - $100 - $150

I'd rather spend my money on another complete bike, or some carbon Enve wheels.
    I hear ya, sounds like too many pricey ingredients in order to make it happen. I could eliminate the cranks and bash, but in addition would still need a new free hub from Hadley.

Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I'm still having trouble giving up mt 3x setup!

I don't see a 1x11 working well for me . . . . 2x10, probably would be okay. But not a 1x
    ... at this point I may consider a 1 x 10, at the least would be able to take advantage of that 36 cog; extra gear to climb with!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi to all,

This is my Blur LT 2012 from Spain

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

nice

nice iron ! what size fork 150 ? also tapered tube ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks, The fork is a 2011 Talas 120-150, 1 1/8, no tapered

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

New upgrades still coming.....

ok had the bike for a year and a half and it is awesome. Here is round three I guess of upgrades. somethings were wearing out and somethings i found a decent deal on and decided to go for it.
    1. new Sette AMP seat...old one was a little heavy and wearing out
    2. new Hayes stroker brakes...much better than the old mechanicals that would freeze up in some of the winter races i've been in. Can you say one finger braking that will throw you over the handle bars.
    3. New Ritchey pro handle bar. about 1.5 inches wider than handle bar i took off the GT. the wider bar makes going into turns and coming out a lot easier because of the leverage. much nicer setup and i should have ditched the old bar a long time ago
    4. ODI grips....great grip and i always feel in control. i had some grips that were the ergo kind that were built for comfort but it was hard to brake and keep a solid grip on the handle bar when hitting bumping stuff or going into and out of turns.
    5. dumped the old 3x9 and went with a MRP 1x chainguide and 1x 9 setup. looks a lot cleaner and i can do everything i need with the 1x9 setup.
    6. switched out the 2.35 kendas up front and now run 2.10. feels a little thin but when i run at 34 psi i think the tire actually flattens out to a 2.20 so a drop in traction hasn't been noted at all. bike feels a little lighter up front to.

After all these changes the bike lost 2 lbs and comes in at 26.5 according to the scale at my lbs.

Edit-i've done a few upgrades in the year i've had the bike.

wheels- chunked the old crossride wheel and stock gt wheel on the front for some new crossmax ST's. They are awesome!!! through on some 2.35 kendas up front and a 2.1 on the back. has some serious traction but with ust tires they are a little on the heavy side. in fact after i went tubeless and with these new wheels i actually had the bike still weighing in at 30lbs which is the same as before.

needle bearings on the rear shock-seem to help a lot in making the compression of shock smoother. Had to let some air out of the shock because of reduced friction

new picture. a little dirty because it just wrapped up a 20 miler on a beautiful north ga day.

[QUOTE=gexas;8872463]Just finished my '09 BLT2. I made the move from a GT avalanche ht to the blur. This is pretty much my last bike at least that is what I told the wife to justify spending every dime of Christmas money, birthday, change from the laundry,etc. that I had scrimped over the last year. I was trying to do this build on a shoe string budget but found very quickly that was difficult to do when the GT had different seat tube sizes, different crank sizes and different front derailleur tube sizes. These things caught me by surprise as I started pulling things off the GT and putting them onto the Blur. I also realized that my Reba shock( i love this thing) was not enough travel to even come close to what the blur needed to fully maximize the bike's potential. Even pulling the spacers out of the reba to give it potentially 120 mm of travel wouldn't have been enough. Lots of lessons learned and the number one lesson was that there are a lot of great people on this site ready to help. thanks everyone. In case anyone is interested I'll put the cost of items down just for reference in the event anyone else ventures down my path.

Frame = 2009 BLT2 large-aluminum(850 w/out shipping- bought on that auction site had a crank brothers headset already in it. i had to buy a crown race for it from crank brothers - 9 bucks)
    Fork = 2011 Revelation RLT with 150 mm of travel (350 w/out shipping)
    Front derailleur = shimano SL (50 bucks. Had to buy this as the tube was bigger on the blur than what my GT was)
    Rear derailleur = SRAM X9 (brought over from GT)
    Shifters= Sram X9 (brought over from the GT)
    Crank set = Deore and Shimano BB(120 bucks. I had to get a new BB as the GT would not fit. REI had a deal where you could get both the BB, cranks and new front cassette all together for 120)
    Brakes = BB7 (brought over from the GT)
    Seatpost= Forte (20 bucks. Had to buy this brand new as the one on the GT was a smaller tube)
    Rear shock = Fox RP23 (came with frame)
    Shifter and brake cables= 30 bucks(had to buy all new stuff since the runs were longer on this bike than what was on the GT. Also with the extra travel in the front fork i also had to get a new front brake cable)
    Labor=20 bucks(the only thing i had someone do is to install and adjust the front and rear derailleur since I didn't want to spend a sat. dialing all this in myself..best 20 bucks I ever spent)
    Chain = 20 bucks (had to get a new one since i had a new front cassette and it was well worn)
    i just got back from a ride so she's a little dirty. i put some blue painters tape on the rear triangle to offer a little protection from chain slap until I can find the that came with the frame.

Old pic.http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/yikes.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those LT2s-mrp5.jpg  

Lets see those LT2s-mrp.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I just picked up a new 2012 Blur LT2 from Santa Cruz's sale, and I'm starting to look at parts for my build. Is there a budget headset option I can go with? Cane Creek 10 or 40?

mtbr member
    I'd recommend the Cane Creek 40:

Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 40 ZS44/EC49 Tapered Headset - Fits 1 1/8" Forks

You can also buy separate uppers and lowers depending on what fork you want to run. The lowers are actually exactly the same on both sizes, but the bearing is different.

Upper: Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 40-Series ZS44 Upper Assembly

Lower for 1 1/8": Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 40 EC49 1 1/8" Lower Assembly

Lower for 1.5": Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 40 EC49 1.5" Lower Assembly
    "Got everything you need?"

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast