Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1240
  1. #1026
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    131
    simple and beautiful !

  2. #1027
    XgT
    XgT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23

    black blt2

    my blur lt2 in anodized black xlg frame, still dealing with the flexy front end of this bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those LT2s-javor-30th-bd-321.jpg  

    Lets see those LT2s-javor-30th-bd-320.jpg  


  3. #1028
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,213

    It's an extra large frame, are you a big guy?

    I'm a clydesdale at 230lbs geared up. I started off with a Pike and later upgraded to a Fox 36 Talas. There was a night and day difference in the ride. That looks like a Fox 32mm with 150mm travel. I'm willing to bet your flex is from the fork and not the frame. Pick up a Fox 36 or a Rockshox Lyrik and it will all be golden. Not to mention, downhill will be a heck of a lot more enjoyable.

  4. #1029
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by XgT View Post
    my blur lt2 in anodized black xlg frame, still dealing with the flexy front end of this bike.
    I assure you its the fork . . . not the frame. That's Fox's ALPS 150, no? Basically an entry level OEM fork. Ditch it for a 36mm.

  5. #1030
    gwm
    gwm is offline
    heckler and jekyll
    Reputation: gwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I assure you its the fork . . . not the frame. That's Fox's ALPS 150, no? Basically an entry level OEM fork. Ditch it for a 36mm.
    Or you could get the Float or TALAS 140mm, stiff as a board. For some reason the 150mm versions were all flexy but the 32 140mm and the 36 160mm are both great choices.

  6. #1031
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Its official . . . I have been bitten by the "Upgrade" bug . . .

    It started with a Thomson stem . . . then I got some of THESE . . . then I ordered some Easton Haven bars . . . . and now I'm looking at building a new set of wheels with some CK hubs (in green of course to match the brakes) and Stan's hoops.

    All of this to go on my Raw BLT2

    Oy . . .

  7. #1032
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,213

    Wink Fyi......

    it never ends!
    Last edited by 67degrees; 08-04-2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: corrected typo

  8. #1033
    XgT
    XgT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23
    my fork is a float 150mm 32mm st., i really wanted the option of lockout for the streets, but i am thinking its too weak of a fork for my needs. i might have to make the switch to a 36.

  9. #1034
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,614
    Quote Originally Posted by XgT View Post
    my fork is a float 150mm 32mm st., i really wanted the option of lockout for the streets, but i am thinking its too weak of a fork for my needs. i might have to make the switch to a 36.
    I'm in the process of doing this right now. Ordered a 55 Micro Air Ti from Chainlove for the Nomad so I can move my 36 Float over to the BLTc. But I'm not doing it for the lack of stiffness from my Float 32 150, but for slightly higher BB and slacker head tube angle. I also REALLY HATE the RLC (the "L" part will never be used) when I know how to set up a RC2.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  10. #1035
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Surfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    758
    My BLT has done 3 years, last month!!! ZERO problems, great machine , better than my previus BLT1.

    Here the video done on my vacations, last month at the north of Portugal - Ponte de Lima.

    Last edited by Surfas; 08-30-2011 at 07:13 AM.

  11. #1036
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas View Post
    My BLT has done 3 years, last month!!! ZERO problems, great machine , better than my previus BLT1.

    Here the video done on my vacations, last month at the north of Portugal - Ponte de Lima.

    http://player.vimeo.com/video/273333...t=0&autoplay=1
    Nice video and nice bike! Eu gosto muito! Que foi a artista na musica?

  12. #1037
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Surfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    758

  13. #1038
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by XgT View Post
    my fork is a float 150mm 32mm st., i really wanted the option of lockout for the streets, but i am thinking its too weak of a fork for my needs. i might have to make the switch to a 36.
    What wheels do you have? In addition to the fork you can get a lot of flex from very light hoops and thin spokes. Your weight is going to make flex a lot more noticeable.

  14. #1039
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stumpy Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    84


    A few more upgrades on the bike now :-)

    Frame -
    2010 Santa Cruz Blur LT - Black powdercoat (M)
    Rear shock - Fox RP23
    Front shock/fork - Rock Shox Revelation RLT Ti 2011 150mm
    Handlebars - Easton Haven carbon 711mm riser bar
    Stem - Easton Haven 70mm
    Headset - Hope stainless
    Grips - Specialized
    Saddle - Specialized Format SL
    Seatpost - Rockshox Reverb
    Front brake - Hope Tech X2 w/ Goodridge braided hose 183mm
    Rear brake - Hope Tech X2 w/ Goodridge braided hose 160mm
    Cranks - RaceFace Deus XC 175mm
    Chainguide - Race Face
    Chain - SRAM PC991
    Pedals - Shimano M646
    Front derailleur - Sram X9
    Rear derailleur - Sram X9
    Front shifter - Sram X9
    Rear shifter - Sram X9
    Cassette - SRAM PG 990
    Front hub - Hope Pro 2 15mm
    Rear hub - DT Swiss 240s
    Front rim - DT Swiss XR400
    Rear rim - DT Swiss 4.2D
    Spokes - DT Swiss 15/16/15 db black
    Nipples - DT Swiss
    Tyres - Kenda Nevegal/Blue Groove 2.35
    Tubes - Continental superlite
    2008 Enduro Expert
    2010 Santa Cruz Blur LT
    2013 Yeti SB66 (WIP)

  15. #1040
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,213

    Tires

    Hey Stumpy!

    That's a nice LT2 you have there. It looks like you're running the Nevegal in the rear & the Blue Groove in the front. I believe most folks reverse that combo with the Nevegal up front. Have you tried it both ways?

  16. #1041
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stumpy Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by 67degrees View Post
    Hey Stumpy!

    That's a nice LT2 you have there. It looks like you're running the Nevegal in the rear & the Blue Groove in the front. I believe most folks reverse that combo with the Nevegal up front. Have you tried it both ways?
    To be honest, I've never even considered running them the opposite way round. The profile of the tread on the Blue Groove is a similar design to that of the Panaracer Dart which I used exclusively on the front, hence the reason they are installed this way :-)
    2008 Enduro Expert
    2010 Santa Cruz Blur LT
    2013 Yeti SB66 (WIP)

  17. #1042
    bog
    bog is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy Jules View Post
    To be honest, I've never even considered running them the opposite way round. The profile of the tread on the Blue Groove is a similar design to that of the Panaracer Dart which I used exclusively on the front, hence the reason they are installed this way :-)
    You definitely have the tire combo installed the right way. The Nevy is a much better driving & rolling tire due to the paddle tread and damped knobs. As you mentioned, the BG is a classic front tire with blocky stepped knobs (no ramps). Running the other way around definitely won't take advantage of the designed-in characteristics.
    SC Tallboy C : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9070

  18. #1043
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stumpy Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    You definitely have the tire combo installed the right way. The Nevy is a much better driving & rolling tire due to the paddle tread and damped knobs. As you mentioned, the BG is a classic front tire with blocky stepped knobs (no ramps). Running the other way around definitely won't take advantage of the designed-in characteristics.
    Very true, have been running this setup on this bike for ages. Gone through 2 sets of these tyres in the past 4 years and have no plans to change just yet :-)
    2008 Enduro Expert
    2010 Santa Cruz Blur LT
    2013 Yeti SB66 (WIP)

  19. #1044
    XgT
    XgT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23
    i am running mavic ex823 36 hole wheels with dt swiss spokes and hadley hubs, i doubt that there's any flex there.

  20. #1045
    XgT
    XgT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pinpillage View Post
    What wheels do you have? In addition to the fork you can get a lot of flex from very light hoops and thin spokes. Your weight is going to make flex a lot more noticeable.
    see previous post, mavic ex823 rims

  21. #1046
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DonM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    54

    My "zooted" out Blur LT2

    Full XTR drivetrain and pedals, Eason MonkeyLite XC bar w/ Ergon GX-1 grips and EA-90 stem, Chris King headset, Fox RP23 140 mm shock, new 2012 Fox Factory FIT RLC 150 mm fork, Thompson Masterpiece seatpost, WTB Pure V SLT saddle, Maxxis Ardent 2.2's on Stan's ZTR rims w/ I-9 hubs, Homer Simpson figurine on handlebars and Krusty the Clown on seatpost. Weight 25 lbs.....and Itchy, one of my cats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets see those LT2s-blur-lt2.jpg  

    Last edited by DonM; 08-28-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: pic failed to attach

  22. #1047
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    How much are people's BLT2's weighing in at?

    I'm right at 30.9 pounds and I've no idea if this is heavy in comparison to other folks. I know there are a few areas where I can shed some weight including wheels primarily . . . but I don't think that I'd be able to get my rig much under 30 pounds without turning into a weight weenie with deep pockets.

  23. #1048
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25
    I'm right at 27lbs but if I was really getting after it the wheels and fork would probably need to get changed.

  24. #1049
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pinpillage View Post
    I'm right at 27lbs but if I was really getting after it the wheels and fork would probably need to get changed.
    What build spec?

  25. #1050
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    I can't wait until this thread gets past this page. The auto-play video on this page sucks big time.

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •