mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Large Nomad in stock?

Im looking for a freind and we cant find one. My shop said 4-6 weeks and well we know that in SC terms could be next year. Any help in a direction would be great. Perfer a all mountain complete but open to ? Thanks

mtbr member
    I'm also looking and my shop said Santa cruz is out of the L Nomad Classic and they are not making them anymore. They said the new version with the 1.5 headtube will be out in 6 weeks. Yea, I worried about that time frame also.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    They will also be Made in Taiwan and HOPEFULLY assembled there too.

- I love the company, but the guy's who put them together need to back AWAY from the pipe a little!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I e-mailed SC in March and they said the new 1.5 Nomads were coming out in late April/early May. I ordered a large (fully paid up) in mid April. Anyone heard anything direct from SC recently about the new Nomads or "shock and/or horror" actually got one????

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Are the Nomads really made in Taiwan? Which Santa Cruz models are still made in the US?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by V E E R
    Are the Nomads really made in Taiwan? Which Santa Cruz models are still made in the US?
    - Yes, they will be made in Taiwan at Giant.
    Pretty soon, none.

mtbr member
    I actually just talked to our inside rep a couple days ago about that. He said what was made in the states were most of the VPP bikes (nomad, v10, vp, blur) and everything else (sl, jul, chameleon, jackel) are made overseas. Although he did say some of the nomads and blurs are being made overseas, because the states facility is so small. So much for paying for "american made..." I'm buying an intense...

Get Down Do you
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve
    I'm buying an intense...
    5.5s are sexy for sure.
    Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Wait, so they're starting to make VPP bikes overseas? This is the first year of doing that, correct?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Yes, it will be.

is down to roll...
    Quote Originally Posted by m-dub
    Im looking for a freind and we cant find one. My shop said 4-6 weeks and well we know that in SC terms could be next year. Any help in a direction would be great. Perfer a all mountain complete but open to ? Thanks
    Try Sharp Bicycles in Lafayette, CA
    http://sharpbicycle.com/
    I thought I recall seeing two fully built black Nomads in stock. I think one was a medium and the other a large. I could be wrong. If I was, then the could probably pull down one of the 3-4 that they had on the wall. I was last in the shop in April, so you should call to see what is in stock.
    -Rich

mtbr member
    Thanks, I called a few days ago and they have one, but I just want the frame and they will only sell it with a build kit. They were the only dealer of around 10 I called in the Bay Area that had one. I have one on order from Santa Cruz.

mtbr member
    Family Cycling Center? The owner has a SICK apple green one that is just sitting there. Im sure if you talked to him about it, hed go for it...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFT
    They will also be Made in Taiwan and HOPEFULLY assembled there too.

- I love the company, but the guy's who put them together need to back AWAY from the pipe a little!
    Actually they will be made in Oregon, just like they were before. If you knew anything about the builders at Santa Cruz you would know that they don't hit the pipe. Keep up the good work!

Members who have read this thread: 0