Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: June 1st

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

June 1st

Something new coming June 1st! Oh what could it be?
    Last edited by Duece; 05-16-2013 at 10:23 AM.

GMM
    mtbr member
    Source?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    A tweet from TrailScotland.co.uk

mtbr member
    After finding the tweet, here is the link:

http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/santa...lusive-launch/

ďThe product launch is a world exclusive Ė itís going to blow people away."

Let the wild and crazy speculation begin!
    2015 Trek Farley
    2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 650b
    2013 Santa Cruz Chameleon 650b SS
    2012 Giant Defy (Roadie)

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    It's obviously a Bronson TRc...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash-VR View Post
    It's obviously a Bronson TRc...
    I hope your speculation is right on the money!!
    2015 Trek Farley
    2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 650b
    2013 Santa Cruz Chameleon 650b SS
    2012 Giant Defy (Roadie)

b a n n e d
    I told y'all SC had something else coming . . . . you guys didn't really think that SC would let the Bronson fly solo as the only 650b bike in their lineup did you?!

Edit: Should added my predictions . . . . low and slack 650b trail bike, built around a 130mm fork, with ~4.92" of rear travel and about ~13.5" BB height. In otherwords . . . a 650b TRc.

Edit Edit: and the frame will be < 5lbs.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    What 007 said. I want one. I hope you are right guys. Clearly the Bronson won't go solo, but the big thing is when, when will they accompany it.....

When you look at it, SC has a potential gap in the Trail category. The TB LT could be more in AM, leaving some big wheeled TR action to come. Certainly some interesting possibilities lay ahead.

Anyway my desires aside, the TB is their biggest seller ever. The TBc has been out for a while, so economics would dictate that an update would be the next thing on their mind. Keeping the lead seller in the lead and prominent in the marketís mind will be important.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    What 007 said. I want one. I hope you are right guys. Clearly the Bronson won't go solo, but the big thing is when, when will they accompany it.....

When you look at it, SC has a potential gap in the Trail category. The TB LT could be more in AM, leaving some big wheeled TR action to come. Certainly some interesting possibilities lay ahead.

Anyway my desires aside, the TB is their biggest seller ever. The TBc has been out for a while, so economics would dictate that an update would be the next thing on their mind. Keeping the lead seller in the lead and prominent in the marketís mind will be important.
    You're a wise man, WilliamK.

mtbr member
    Hey all...Looking for some clarification/enlightenment. What would the main differences be in the current Bronson and a Bronson TRc?
    I'm new to SC bikes but have really been reading a lot about the Bronson and will be able to try one out in the near future. My concern is that it might be more bike than I need. A little history---used to ride a Yeti 575 then drank the 29er kool-aid and have been on a hard tail 29er for the last two years. I have missed the squish and now it's time to get back on a full sussy and start going faster again. I really like the idea of the 650b wheel size and the benefits of it and really like everything I've seen and read about SC. I like to ride all over and ride up but the ride down is why I ride up.

So...if SC puts out a 650b Bronson TRc will it basically be a scaled down version or significantly different? Thanks.
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by cryde View Post
    Hey all...Looking for some clarification/enlightenment. What would the main differences be in the current Bronson and a Bronson TRc?
    I'm new to SC bikes but have really been reading a lot about the Bronson and will be able to try one out in the near future. My concern is that it might be more bike than I need. A little history---used to ride a Yeti 575 then drank the 29er kool-aid and have been on a hard tail 29er for the last two years. I have missed the squish and now it's time to get back on a full sussy and start going faster again. I really like the idea of the 650b wheel size and the benefits of it and really like everything I've seen and read about SC. I like to ride all over and ride up but the ride down is why I ride up.

So...if SC puts out a 650b Bronson TRc will it basically be a scaled down version or significantly different? Thanks.
    Of course this is purely speculation, but you can bet that its going to be different enough so as to not significantly overlap with the Bronson. Make no mistake, the Bronson is a burly bike . . . whatever else they've got up their sleeve is likely going to be more of a trail rocket. Low, slack and light.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I don't know what it will be, but I bet its been 20 years in the making.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Ah, an invite for some outrageous and non-evidence based speculation. Much better than finishing off work here at 4+ pm.

The Bronson has a BB that is on the higher side IMO, looks like only a 3mm BB drop. Not bad, at least it is a drop. The CS was lengthened to provide stability and given the speed a Bronson could go at, that is a very good thing.

I look at Intense and they have a VPP 150mm 650B bike with a CS of 17Ē, shorter and stability compensated with it being lower in the BB, which gives a berm railing BB drop of 10mm. Ah, thatís more to my liking.

So to hone in on trail riding, my hope is, low, slack and slightly shorter CS than a Bronson. 17Ē CS can be done. This will shorten the wheel base slightly, further improving nimbleness for trail riding.

Now, my speculation might go out the window next week because I am getting a Bronson to test ride for a few days. I could be seduced and made to eat my speculation (yuk, what could be worse...), which will probably go with the stupid grin on my face. Which in turn will go with my wifeís angry face and my empty wallet....

mtbr member
    May 2005

June 1st

Now, my speculation might go out the window next week because I am getting a Bronson to test ride for a few days..
    Can you try it with a "short shock".....make it all TRc like?

mtbr member
    a trail Bronson is my guess as well not because there is really a huge gap in their lineup for it, but because thats what customers will want and its more in line with what most people would think a 650b bike should be. travel 120-130mm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm up for an update on the Tallboy. The Tallboy being out for sometime and still being all that, an update would be real nice. The Tallboy and Jet9RDO seem to over and over again get so much attention. That says alot about doing something and doing it right the first time. Lets see what they come out with, not that far away...

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    my bet is a Nomad 29"or 27.5" to strike back Spec Enduro 29, if it's a product which is going to blow people's minds it has to be something really innovative I suppose....

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Considering Fort William DH race is a week after, I am willing to bet a 650b v10.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think a Bronson TRc is too similar to the original Bronson for now. They just released the Bronson, they don't want to start cannibalizing their sales already by confusing their customers with multiple models. I think it will either be a refresh of an existing best-seller (like the tallboy), or a "re-imagining" of a best-seller, like a 650B Nomad or something like that.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by jerms View Post
    I think a Bronson TRc is too similar to the original Bronson for now. They just released the Bronson, they don't want to start cannibalizing their sales already by confusing their customers with multiple models. I think it will either be a refresh of an existing best-seller (like the tallboy), or a "re-imagining" of a best-seller, like a 650B Nomad or something like that.
    So a Bronson TRc is too similar to the Bronson but a 650b Nomad is sufficiently different?

A TB refresh does make sense, and I'm sure its forthcoming, though I'll bet money that this is not the "reveal" that's coming on the first.

And a trail oriented 650b is definitely not going to detract sales from the Bronson . . . very different applications of the same platform.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

June 1st

@007, what do you think it'll happen with the Nomad then? Do you think it'll eventually disappear?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Tallboy TRc FTW.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by ban View Post
    @007, what do you think it'll happen with the Nomad then? Do you think it'll eventually disappear?
    Depends on what happens with the Bronson and how it sells

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post

Edit: Should added my predictions . . . . low and slack 650b trail bike, built around a 130mm fork, with ~4.92" of rear travel and about ~13.5" BB height. In otherwords . . . a 650b TRc.

Edit Edit: and the frame will be < 5lbs.
    How is this any different than a current TRc 650b conversion? The only real difference will be the ability to fit fatter 650b tires on it.

All they need to do is make a new TRc rear triangle with replaceable dropouts, like the Carbine has.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast