mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I Pulled the Trigger on a Nomad

Today I pulled the trigger on a Nomad. Large black or slate ano (whatever is in stock), DHX 5.0 Air, 36 RC2 Van and XOAM build. I also ordered a new Thule tray (the old Bob Ratchet before Thule acquired Sportworks) so I don't have to mess with the front wheel.

It doesn't get too much better than this. I shall celebrate the purchase with a beer or two.

Thanks to everyone who helped with my purchase (especially TNC).

mtbr member
    congrats!

i got a bob ratchet when i upgraded my heckler with a 36 RC2 talas. its nice not having to always take the front wheel off

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    About time! Just kidding. I wish I could make up my mind, concerning my next frame. The Black and Grey ano look the best on the Nomad imo. I hope the Van 36 works for you. It sounds like the fork of choice for the Nomad.

aka baycat
    Congratulations and may your wait only be two months

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    Congratulations and may your wait only be two months
    My LBS assured me that the only time the delivery nightmares occur are when people want one colour scheme only, and insist that their new dream bike be that colour. They said that there is rarely a hold up due to unavailability of components (it's usually due to frame colour). If the Santa Cruz gods are not smiling that day (ie. if you have to wait for a new production run for that frame colour), you are screwed.

Anyway, assuming they're right (and I appreciate that others on this board may have had a different experience), I told them that I want my bike within a month or so, at the outset. They called SC and were advised that they had black and slate ano, and a bunch of other large frames currently in stock. They didn't have trans red (that was third on my list of preferences).

I told the LBS to order whatever was in stock, based on my list of preferences (which was ranked). Delivery time is to take precedence over colour.

If it doesn't arrive relatively quickly (within 1.5 months), they know I will pull out of the deal.