mtbr member

How rad is a TRC for endurance race and XC?

I know the TRC is great all around bike. The video with ratboy shredding the trails on one got me hooked. I hate when Santa Cruz makes a video with DH riders on trail bikes. Makes me feel I need to get that bike so I can experience 50% of what they do in the video. I'm waiting for my order on a 2013 yellow Lizard because of that peaty video and now I'm 80% sold on a TRC.

I would like to get rid of my niner carbon 29er to fund the TRC. I do a couple 100 mile xc race and ride with cat 1 and expert riders weekly. How's the TRC for XC? Would you pick a TRC for your xc race bike?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Well the reigning endurance champ Josh Tostado rides a Blur XCc and just kills on it. At one point in last year's 24 Hours of Moab race, he was four hours ahead of second place. Having said that, he'd probably kill on just about any bike... but he has won Moab four times on the XCc.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I always grab my XCc for endurance rides too. I don't think you can go wrong with either bike. I think the TRc is a great enduro bike, while the XCc is a great endurance bike.

Josh Tostado

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Gotta agree - my XCc has exceeded my expectations. I ride it like that skinny kid in the Santa Cruz vid and its fine. I'm not sure an inch of travel is make or break - but the shock options on the TRc are nice. It's only a half pound difference too. That said mine is 2.5 yrs old and there wasn't a TRC or I would've opted for that. That that said at 180 and still making BMX vet pro mains the bike has held up really f'n good. Stiff as crap, and no problems to speak of - and I don't hold back on it. Won a local super d on it too. I guess I'm just saying its super capable.

I'd get the TRc for both uses and get some fox air spacers to make the shock more progressive for shorter xc races and run it more linear for 100 milers.
    PM me for a great price on a pike 150 27.5 as new condition, barely seen dirt!

mtbr member
    DAnG Josh Tostado on a 26 inch bike in a endurance race just sold it for me. I've been drinking too much 29er cool-aid. My Niner going on ebay tonight.

Good point on fox spacers... I think my Niner held me back I'm ready to have fun on xc trails again. TRC is it! now I wish they made the Tennis ball yellow to match my Chameleon that would be epic. I think I'm leaning towards the matte black. Thanks for the feedbacks!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 5power View Post
    DAnG Josh Tostado on a 26 inch bike in a endurance race just sold it for me. I've been drinking too much 29er cool-aid. My Niner going on ebay tonight.

Good point on fox spacers... I think my Niner held me back I'm ready to have fun on xc trails again. TRC is it! now I wish they made the Tennis ball yellow to match my Chameleon that would be epic. I think I'm leaning towards the matte black. Thanks for the feedbacks!!
    I was just thinking that - I've gotta replace my lower link b/c of my lazyness resulting in a broken off grease port, and my frame is the ugly orange/black. Tennis yellow looks awesome on the bike builders. I think krylon flourescent yellow is about the same.... if I paint it I'll post it up.

congratulations on getting off the 29 wagon!
    PM me for a great price on a pike 150 27.5 as new condition, barely seen dirt!