mtbr member

Hippie Tech or Push?

This winter, I want to send in my fork and shock to have them overhauled. Any suggestions who to send them to?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb73
    This winter, I want to send in my fork and shock to have them overhauled. Any suggestions who to send them to?
    I've had some work done by PUSH. No complaints. If you search these forums regarding PUSH, I don't think you'll find many complaints about them. In fact, I think you'll find discussion regarding PUSH to be overwhelmingly positive.

I have no direct experience with Hippie Tech. You should do a search of these forums to see what others have said about them. (I know for a fact that Hippie Tech has been discussed a few times and that it will be worth your while to do a search.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    I have no direct experience with Hippie Tech. You should do a search of these forums to see what others have said about them. (I know for a fact that Hippie Tech has been discussed a few times and that it will be worth your while to do a search.)
    I was going to say it if you hadn't already.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    May 2006

Push

I can't comment on Hippie Tech, I have no experience with them whatsoever. However, I have had two forks revalved, a yearly service with one, and a shock revalve by Push. The two forks were noticeably better. The small bump compliance was the biggest difference. I didn't think a person would have to be an expert level rider/mechanic to tell the difference in the before and after.

The shock not so much. It was better, but the difference was not so "night and day". As for as Push itself. I have nothing but praise for how they handled my forks, my business, and customer service. They have been excellent every time. Turnaround time has been excellent, work has been excellent, parts support excellent, sales and tech staff excellent.

I could go on but I know I sound like a commercial for Push already. Good luck I hope this helps.

School Bites
    My buddy only sends his Boxxers to Hippie to get tuned. I sent my old Fox RC Push and it felt awesome. I don't think you can go wrong either way.
    "Get this man a milkshake. Might have to show him how to use the straw though." -kidwoo

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I sent a Rockshok Psylo to Hippie Tech, they do nice work. I think you would be ok with either one.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride, she fights MMA.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    From what I have read Hippie Tech is the place for Rockshox.

mtbr member
    I sent an '03 AVA RL to Push in '04 or '05 and have loved the revalving.. The customer service from Darren and his crew is phenomenal.

In my book customer service and consulting with the customer to determine the best solution based on their needs to deliver a quality product and living up to that product means it can't get any better.

Push will be my preference for life, though I have no experience with Hippie Tech.

Professional Troll
    IF by overhaul you're just talking about changing the oil and the seals, that's pretty basic and probably doesn't matter where you send it. The only time it would make a difference is if you're having this stuff re-shimmed. And from what I hear, neither place does THAT much work on the valving and the shims, despite what they claim.

MEDBLKANOSCBLT2RP23
    Push does Fox, RockShox and some Marz.
    HT does Rockshox, Manitou, X-Fusion, Marz and Spec.

Have a Pushed 06 RP3 and still seems buttery smooth.
    RTR

mtbr member
    What fork are you looking to get serviced?

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Darren