Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
    On your left.
    Jan 2004

highball build thread and pics

Quote Originally Posted by BShow View Post
    The bike itself Looks nice except for the tensioner and crooked looking chain! I'm also not a fan of the negative rise stem used in conjunction with riser bars(but can appreciate that he may still be dialing in position). While I agree that a tensioner can be an adequate band-aid for not having a SS capable frame, I've yet to see one that looks good In my opinion. If you like the extraneous dong hanging there, hey man... Whatever floats your boat! :-)
    Since it seems there is no good magic gear for the Highball - you'd rather go derailleur than tensioner?
    M

mtbr member
    How is that working out? Any slipping?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Re: highball build thread and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sava Brec Madak View Post
    How is that working out? Any slipping?
    I have mine set up with a soulcraft convert. I'm not crazy about running a tensioner, but it does work. Since the convert keeps constant tension, no... There is no slipping.
    Last edited by BShow; 04-27-2014 at 04:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Has anyone tried a reverb dropper post in their Highball Carbon? im wondering if a 420mm will be fine or if I should get the 380mm length

More Torque
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewfuzzy View Post
    Has anyone tried a reverb dropper post in their Highball Carbon? im wondering if a 420mm will be fine or if I should get the 380mm length
    The overall length will be dictated by how tall you are and how much exposed seatpost you need to accommodate your height. What others are doing doesn't have any bearing in that regard. Start by measuring from the top of the seat collar to the center of the saddle rails on your existing setup, and go from there. Desired travel (100mm vs 125mm on non-stealth) is more subjective.

-D

mtbr member

Re: highball build thread and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewfuzzy View Post
    I'm 6/4 on an XL and run a 385mm kind shock.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    if anybody is looking for a deal on a highball frame let me know. I got a large 2013 that I am trying to unload. just inbox me I don't want to clutter this thread up with a bunch of non related stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks

I knew it was a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question...with Santa saying 100mm in to the frame i wondered if it had a bearing on the =dropper posts people were using...had a good deal on a reverb but ive ordered both sizes and will measure once its built up then send unused back.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel~ View Post
    The overall length will be dictated by how tall you are and how much exposed seatpost you need to accommodate your height. What others are doing doesn't have any bearing in that regard. Start by measuring from the top of the seat collar to the center of the saddle rails on your existing setup, and go from there. Desired travel (100mm vs 125mm on non-stealth) is more subjective.

-D

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Just finished my 2014 HBC build. Been able to get a few rides out on it. Like all the reviews said, it's super fast and compliant. LOVE! this bike. Large Frame weighed just over 1100grams, and total bike weight is just under 22lbs with dropper post and 2.25 tires.

SID XX
    Command Post
    Syntace Vector
    3T Arx Team -17degree
    XTR, XT Components
    One Up Components (40T, Rad Cage, 16t Cog)
    I9 Torches
    Shimano Pro Turnix Carbon

highball build thread and pics-photo-3-1.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hi guys, was wondering if anyone tried running a fork that is less than the recommended length (100mm). Iwas thinking of running 90mm and was wondering if anyone is running this configuration and how does it feel ? My fork can't be converted and would rather use it with -10mm than getting a longer one. Any thoughts ? I will run it as SS config btw.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    i have a sid xx 100mm, and with 10mm sag (bc of the way i set up the psi) i'm technically getting 90mm everything feels fine. i hope this helps

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13