just ride
    Oct 2006

Help: Which Cane Creek Angleset for my Nickel (or TRC)

Hi,

My Nickel currently have CK headset with top:ZS44/bottom:EC49. Since I want an angleset (-1.5 degree. If not possible, at least -1.0), which Cane Creek should I get? EC top and EC bottom to achieve the slack I'm looking for?

Thank you.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjay View Post
    Hi,

My Nickel currently have CK headset with top:ZS44/bottom:EC49. Since I want an angleset (-1.5 degree. If not possible, at least -1.0), which Cane Creek should I get? EC top and EC bottom to achieve the slack I'm looking for?

Thank you.
    Don't do it. CC Anglesets are notorious and not in a good way. Check out Works Components for an angle set headset. Got one n my TBLTc and it has been flawless. Can't recommend them enough.

Works Components - Angle Headsets to fit Most Frame Types & CNC Bicycle Components Proudly Made in the UK

just ride
    Oct 2006
    I know about the Works. Thank you but they don't seem to have any in stock and that's why I'm risking the CC angleset. I have seen few guys on the trail with CC angleset and it seems to work fine for them, no noise whatsoever. If Works have it in stock or you know where I can buy it (in stock), I'd get Works for sure.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Contact Works - their website may not be updated. Their quality is just better and I'd certainly wait if I had to, that's how much better they are. In fact, mine is smoother than either of the 2 C-Kings I've owned!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 11-24-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

just ride
    Oct 2006
    Thanks G Man! I had sent them email through their site and PM them on FB yesterday. I'll wait next week and see.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjay View Post
    I know about the Works. Thank you but they don't seem to have any in stock and that's why I'm risking the CC angleset. I have seen few guys on the trail with CC angleset and it seems to work fine for them, no noise whatsoever. If Works have it in stock or you know where I can buy it (in stock), I'd get Works for sure.

Thanks!
    I know you said you want a ZS44/EC49...note that a EC44/EC49 would not be that much different, the only differene between the two is your stem would be a few mm higher. if you have any spacers below your stem that you could remove them and there'd be no difference.

Like Gman states Works is the real deal..don't go the CC angleset it's more money and creaks and knocks no matter how much you tinker with it.

Also, when I contacted Works they were slow to respond so you may need to be patient with them unfortunately.

just ride
    Oct 2006
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dkestar View Post
    I know you said you want a ZS44/EC49...note that a EC44/EC49 would not be that much different, the only differene between the two is your stem would be a few mm higher. if you have any spacers below your stem that you could remove them and there'd be no difference.

Like Gman states Works is the real deal..don't go the CC angleset it's more money and creaks and knocks no matter how much you tinker with it.

Also, when I contacted Works they were slow to respond so you may need to be patient with them unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Planning to do this as well in the future. Still in the building process. I have a small Nickle and will be Using a Fox 36 Float RLC lowered to 140mm, non tapered. I plan to build it with 650B wheels, how much angle off set will I need? what model will fit with my non tapered fork? a bit overwhelmed with the choices in the Works website... can someone point me towards the right direction? Thanks guys... Another question, I have a Nomad MK2 with a tapered Fox Float 36, do Works make angle sets for the Nomad? Getting sick with the Cane Creek I installed a few months back... I can't seem to find it in their website (model) thanks again guys!

just ride
    Oct 2006
    Works updated their site so I picked up the EC44/EC49 since this is the only one they have available. Currently I have 15mm spacers under the stem. I think the EC44 should be fine as long as I remove some of the spacers under the stem.

Here's what I bought:
    NEW - 1 0 Degree EC44 -EC49 - Tapered Steerer Tube Headset

Thanks everyone!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saddle pimp View Post
    Planning to do this as well in the future. Still in the building process. I have a small Nickle and will be Using a Fox 36 Float RLC lowered to 140mm, non tapered. I plan to build it with 650B wheels, how much angle off set will I need? what model will fit with my non tapered fork? a bit overwhelmed with the choices in the Works website... can someone point me towards the right direction? Thanks guys... Another question, I have a Nomad MK2 with a tapered Fox Float 36, do Works make angle sets for the Nomad? Getting sick with the Cane Creek I installed a few months back... I can't seem to find it in their website (model) thanks again guys!
    I went with the Burgtec offset shock bushings to achieve the same thing on my 650B Nickel. It smoothed out the front end and dropped the BB a 1/4 inch. Its working very well.