Thread: Heckler value?

Freeze Tag Champion

Heckler value?

I have an '04 large polished/polished Heckler/5th element with less than 200 miles on it. An injury, some time overseas and a newfound love for singlespeeding has kept me off this bike for all but two epic rides and the occasional spin around the tame area trails. I am thinking of letting it go to finance a new singlespeed. I feel so freakin' guilty every time I go into the garage to hop on another bike and see the Heckler sitting sadly in the corner. Anyone have an idea about what I could get for it? I know a new fully polished model runs about $1100. I know I can't get nearly that much, but once I slap some Mothers' on it, it'll look almost brand new. Thanks to anyone who could help me out.

P.S. Moderator: Please don't think of this as spam. Once I have an idea about how much to ask, I will pay the fee and post it right here in the classifieds.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I would say around $800.00 American or a little less. Provided it is in mint shape. In Canada, you could just about get what you paid brand new.

Throw it on Pinkbike, Mtbr, and Nsmb.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyRat
    I have an '04 large polished/polished Heckler/5th element with less than 200 miles on it. An injury, some time overseas and a newfound love for singlespeeding has kept me off this bike for all but two epic rides and the occasional spin around the tame area trails. I am thinking of letting it go to finance a new singlespeed. I feel so freakin' guilty every time I go into the garage to hop on another bike and see the Heckler sitting sadly in the corner. Anyone have an idea about what I could get for it? I know a new fully polished model runs about $1100. I know I can't get nearly that much, but once I slap some Mothers' on it, it'll look almost brand new. Thanks to anyone who could help me out.

P.S. Moderator: Please don't think of this as spam. Once I have an idea about how much to ask, I will pay the fee and post it right here in the classifieds.
    Do you have a photo of it?

Freeze Tag Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kawboy8
    I will try to post some pics this weekend.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    The frame should go for $600-$650 on Ebay.

Freeze Tag Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kawboy8
    so here is a photo (i hope!) I polished the frame up and it looks like it did right out of the box. I'm thinking of asking $1000 for the frame, thompson post, XTR ft der, and Marz Z1 FR. Anyone think that is way off?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2004
    for a 1000$ that would sell pretty well. I paid 750 for a 05' with a dhx and seatpost in black powder coat that had alot more use on it. you are about on perfectly dont drop much to sell

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    That is a good deal with those parts for sure. You will unload that frame pretty quickly, I would think.

I am pondering a new frame, but came across a 05 Heckler in Canada that is selling for around $600.00 including a Thomson post and XTR front derailleur. Tempting, but I have already owned a Heckler. Decisions, decisions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm Sounds low

Quote Originally Posted by GumbyRat
    so here is a photo (i hope!) I polished the frame up and it looks like it did right out of the box. I'm thinking of asking $1000 for the frame, thompson post, XTR ft der, and Marz Z1 FR. Anyone think that is way off?
    You have a Chris King headset in the picture, worth US$100, the derailer is also worth $100, the seatpost is $80 and the fork is about $550, plus the frame at $1,000 (including polished upcharge) sounds like US$1,830 at retail for this setup. If I did not already have a well setup 2005 Trans Blue, I would give you a grand in a heartbeat for you setup. I would say for a 2 model year-old setup, that 33% off is good if your frame and all your parts are in excellent condition. Make it 40% off retail if there are some minor blemishes, or the fork is in need of servicing. Make it 50% off if you have dents and dings on the fork and frame.
    Good luck!

Certified Moots Whore...

Marz FR

I have been looking to put a Marzocchi FR on my heckler for a long time. Would you be interested in selling the fork separately? I will send you a PM.