mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Heckler Sizing Question: Please help:)

Over a year ago I had a Large heckler, and though it felt really controllable, it seemed somewhat small. So, last week I test rode a XL Heckler and it seemed pretty dang close to perfect. THerefore, I ordered the XL Heckler frame this time. However, Today i went to the bike shop and hopped on a Large Blur LT and that fit perfect.

So, my question is this, is the Blur LT large comparable to the Heckler XL? Im kinda worried that i should have ordered another Heckler Large.

Sorry if this thread is confusing.

Thanks!

-Rob

mtbr member
    The Large Blur LT has a 23.5 effective top tube length. The XL Heckler is 24.5. In other words, the XL Heckler has an appreciably bigger cockpit. Of course, stem length and seatpost (setback?) can also have an impact on how it feels. Perhaps the Blur had a longer stem.

cps
    http://vaselina-mbc.blogs
    Mar 2008
    I just got my Heckler XL, and it fits me perfectly. Bought it without even questioning the advice of the owner oat Woodside Bike Shop in Redwood City CA. FYI, I am 6,3'', have the seat in the middle and have a 4'' stem, with a low riser handlebar.
    I think torso and overall length of the body is more important here than the inseam, since the top tube sinks down at that crucial part of the bike, so what you have to look for, as stated in the former post, is toptube length and then start playing with seat, stem and handlebar position until you find that perfect fit. Good luck, the Heckler is an awesome bike

mtbr member
    Brain and CPS,

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Im going crazy over here worrying that I will regret not going with the Large like I did last year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    How tall are you ? I'm 5' 10" and ride an 07 Large Heckler and at times it feels cramped, I have an inline post and 70mm stem, but its the best I can set up for climbing and going down hill, with a Lyric and doing lots of downhill 50mm stem is best for me, climbing I need more space, maybe go back and take note of the Blur build and your previous build maybe stem and seat changes that suit you better!

never ender
    Was your old Heckler an 06 or older? The newer Hecklers run a tad shorter in the TT than the older ones (my 05 has a 25" TT, the newer ones are 24.5), so if you're wondering if the new frame will be too big compared to the old one, you'll probably be OK. Especially if you run a short stem.

Fork length has a lot to do with sizing too...a taller fork can increase the effective TT length and ride height, sometimes by a lot. If you rode that LT with a 36 or similar fork, it would have felt way bigger than if it had a Float 140 or something.

mtbr member
    Just picked up the Heckler! Went with the XL and couldnt be happier! Fits like a glove!

I want to thank everyone for the help and advice in this thread!

-Robby