mtbr member

Heckler Sickness!!

New frame to me, 2004 Heckler Large. I am swapping parts over and have a bunch on order, if all goes well I will be shredding this weekend!

I always wanted a heckler...can't wait.

mtbr member
    Love the finish, much better than what SC offers with the clearcoated raw stuff.

BTW, your front brake hose should be routed inside the fork leg, not outside.

mtbr member
    cool!

just make sure you untie it from the garage door handle before you ride it
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member

Re: Heckler Sickness!!

Haha... That is one of the cables sticking up.

Got it together... I have to teach a class then going for a ride.... Better pics to follow

Sent from my Android in the great outdoors.

mtbr member

Re: Heckler Sickness!!

I went out for a quick ride behind the house this evening after making some adjustments. So far I am very impressed!! I went the wide bar short stem route with this bike and....damm it steers quick....almost too quick. I hope i can get used to it, if not I may be looking for a slightly longer one. The suspension needs to be dialed in but feels plusher than my Giant VTone, it defiantly pedals better but like I said, there is still some dialing in to do.

The pics are a little blurry but oh will, there was a storm blowing in so I will have to hit it in the morning....I like this bike, I can see why the Heckler has so many loyal followers.

Sent from my Android in the great outdoors.

mtbr member
    I had a great ride this morning...woke up to a brisk 27F temperature which made for some cold toes but well worth it.

Heckler Sickness!!-img_20130525_064557.jpgHeckler Sickness!!-img_20130525_064647.jpgHeckler Sickness!!-img_20130525_064721.jpgHeckler Sickness!!-img_20130525_064739.jpgHeckler Sickness!!-img_20130525_075540.jpg

I don't know if it is the geometry, new longer cranks, larger frame, wider bars or new bike smell but I was much faster on all of my times this morning. I was climbing hills on the middle chain ring where I had to use the small one before. There are two steep, rocky, technical climbs that I have not been able to make until today!! I made both of them while clipped in! This bike is a beast on the downhill, I think the combination of wide bars and short stem are really showing their worth. All in all I am very happy with this setup...I may put a little more air in the fork to prevent some brake dive and put bigger rotors on but that is about it.

On a side note, I was quickly reminded how much wider these bars are. I was on a downhill cut into a steep hill. There is a section between two cedar trees that gets tight....if you hug the inside it is easier to clear the 12" rock right between them....I was a little to tight, clipped the tree on my right and me and the bike slid down the hill about 15' until some brush stopped us. A little scraped up but no big deal. The guy behind me got to the same spot and went over his bars....one of those days.

More good times to come!

NedwannaB
    Looks like some new (to you) bike passion!! Curious to what movie you were watching on that big screen on the top tube during your ride??
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    They are a great bike, I upgraded to a Butcher but kept my Heckler frame as know I'll regret it if I sell it, one thing worth looking at doing is swapping to a coil shock as they are transformed with a coil and any weight penalty is so worth it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Looks like some new (to you) bike passion!! Curious to what movie you were watching on that big screen on the top tube during your ride??
    It gives me something to do when waiting for everybody at the top of the climbs. Actually, it is for my phone, I use the gps to track and such. The touch screen works through the cover, it has been a convenient way to mount my phone/gps/movie theater.

mtbr member
    Ok...a couple from this morning before the expected rain, the trails were in absolutely perfect condition.

Heckler Sickness!!-img_20130526_083534.jpgHeckler Sickness!!-img_20130526_083654.jpgHeckler Sickness!!-img_20130526_083756.jpgHeckler Sickness!!-img_20130526_083931.jpg

mtbr member
    Heckler is an awesome bike. Have built three. If I didn't ride a nomad I would still ride my heckler. I got one on the vpsl a bit ago and as soon as I built it someone wanted to buy it.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLakey View Post
    It gives me something to do when waiting for everybody at the top of the climbs. Actually, it is for my phone, I use the gps to track and such. The touch screen works through the cover, it has been a convenient way to mount my phone/gps/movie theater.
    That's great. Looks like it is pretty well protected too. I was trying to figure out what area the shots were from. CO and NM came to mind first, then I saw it was OR. Looks like great riding terrain.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....