mtbr member
    May 2006

Heckler shock option (monarch)

Hello. I am a happy owner of a 2008 heckler but latetly my RS (fox rp23) have started making some squeaking noise that is bothering me. acording to the the shock forum this is "normal" with foxrp23 shocks. some people have sent the shock to push industries to remove the noise with moderate success. its important to point out that the shock performance is ok. Im considering the option of trying another shock, probably a rockshox monarch, have anybody tried this shock on a heckler.
    any other recomendation would be welcome. probably is better to go all the way to a coil shock but Im not sure if I really need it because even if I use the bike for moderate freeride (nothing over 5') Im extremly lite weight (125lb) so adding weight to my bike really afects me on the climbs (I never shuttle up).

bernardo

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    DHX-5 coil Push'd is awsome, but if it was me I would just get your shock Push'd the difference is amazing, I'm 200lb so the coil is my Favourite, but I do have the Float R which rides well , the only noise I have is the shims opening and closing , I have Push'd Pike which also makes the shim noise doesn't bother me as long as they keep me on the trail :-)