Thread: heckler shock

Singletrack Slacker

heckler shock

I've got an 03 heckler with a 2" stroke 5th, I want to go to a 2.25" stroke. Just looking for ideas on a new shock, I'm at about 230-240 with gear.

Custom User Title

Dhx-a

I went with the DHX-Air and it was a serious improvement over the 5th coil. Very plush over the hard edge brakings bumps.

Heckler on a diet / DHX-A

mtbr member
    May 2005

Avy Montie

This is what i'm going with. At your hefty size, it might be worth a look. www.avalanchedownhillracing.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ride On; 02-11-2006 at 01:17 PM.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Yeah, I'm a big air shock fan, but Rideon's right. At your weight you'd probably be better served by a good coil. Just about any good one would do you right...DHX coil, 5th E coil, Manitou 6-Way, etc. I lean more toward piggyback shocks, just because of the expanded tuneability that most of them give you for compression and bottomout.

I am lost, I'm no guide

Just put an 06 DHX Coil on my 04 Heckler

Quote Originally Posted by Heckled
    I've got an 03 heckler with a 2" stroke 5th, I want to go to a 2.25" stroke. Just looking for ideas on a new shock, I'm at about 230-240 with gear.
    AND FRICKING LOVE IT.

I had the 5th coil, and was very happy w/ that, however, I found a good connection in the industry who hooked my up w/ the coil for a price I couldn't refuse. Needless to say, it was a huge improvement, one I didn't think could happen, because I was happy w/ my 5th.
    There is no food served in Santa Cruz, the rangers just bulldozed it all. - jschwart73