mtbr member

Heckler rear brake adapter

I posted this in the brake section but figured I would post it here as well because this question does relate to the Santa Cruz Heckler. So anyway: I have the Formula oro K24 brakes and just want to make sure I'm ordering the right adapters. They are going on my Heckler with a Pike 454 coil u turn fork. I notice there are quite a few different versions for the adapters. I'm putting a 200mm rotor on the front and a 180mm rotor on the rear. For the front do I need to order the "51mm Is QR" version? I believe that's what I read on the specs for the pike. Now which Formula rear adapter for the 180mm rotor do I need to order for my 08 Heckler? Thanks in advance.

I just thought that maybe some Heckler owner's were sporting Formula Brakes but just in general I have no idea what kind of Formula brake adapter I would need for the '08 Heckler I noticed there are a few different versions I do not understsand. I'm pretty sure I have my answer for the adapter version for the Pike 454. Thanks again.
    Explorer in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others.

mtbr member
    Okay just measured the holes in tha back of the Heckler and it comes to right around 51mm. So I guess that answers that question. So I need a Formula rear brake adapter for 51mm "Is" frames. Tell me what does the "Is" term mean?

Edit: I wikipedia'd it...means "International Standard". Okay so now that's answered.lol
    Explorer in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    International Standard?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll
    International Standard?

Yeah it sounds weird but International Standard refers to the 51mm tabs.

Yes, you need an IS ("International Standard" 51mm) rear mount for a 180mm rotor. I think Universal Cycles carries the whole line...and yes, you've got it right on the front as your RS shock doesn't take the same adapter as some other 20mm thru axle forks would...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Pike is standard IS front mount, rear is also IS, gets confusing I swop between Pike and Lyric and the Lyric is Post mount.