Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Engineered bling
    ...and here is mine!
    my package includes RS Vivid R2C mid tune w/ Enduro needle bearings, RS Revelation Team w/ Black Box damper, Midleburn rings (22, 36T), Blackspire bash andstinger, Hope Pro 2 (20mm and 10mm rear w/Hadley thru axle), Avid's Elixir R- 185mm (front solid sweep rotor).

I like it a lot!
    regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heckler photo thread 2007-heckler-2.jpg  

Heckler photo thread 2007-heckler-3.jpg  

Heckler photo thread 2007-033.jpg  

mtbr member
    First ride on the new '10 Heckler yesterday at City Park Austin, TX. Most fun I've had on two wheels- ever! Came from an '06 Giant Trance...what a huge difference.

Q: I felt a little tall at the handle bars. There are multiple spacers under the stem and the stem seemed a little long. Is this on par for this type of bike? The previous owner was 6'3" and i'm 5'11". Could this be that he needed this setup due to his longer stretch? What are some setup tips for stem and spacing? I don't do DH, mainly all mountain and XC around Central Texas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heckler photo thread 2007-photo5-2.jpg  

Heckler photo thread 2007-photo8.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe_deez View Post
    First ride on the new '10 Heckler yesterday at City Park Austin, TX. Most fun I've had on two wheels- ever! Came from an '06 Giant Trance...what a huge difference.

Q: I felt a little tall at the handle bars. There are multiple spacers under the stem and the stem seemed a little long. Is this on par for this type of bike? The previous owner was 6'3" and i'm 5'11". Could this be that he needed this setup due to his longer stretch? What are some setup tips for stem and spacing? I don't do DH, mainly all mountain and XC around Central Texas.
    Yeah, the stem definitely looks a bit on the long side. Also, you could remove a spacer or two on the steer tube to lower the bars a little. With all the spacers you have there, I'm certain you can find the right height for your stem.

I'm guessing that the previous owner rode more xc type terrain or was more of a roadie than mtb rider...
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is youíll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Fell in love with SC many eons ago (more than 10years before the changes)... I finally manage to afford one! Have not truly rode it yet. 2nd hand purchase. Needs work on the rear shock due to my massive weight... small rides around the neighborhood and loving every minute!

Drivetrain SLX 2012
    Renthal Fat Bar
    Hope stem
    Specialized Command post
    Marz 55 160mm old fork
    some mix and match wheelset

Needs: Proper wheelset! Springs! and Shock tuning..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heckler photo thread 2007-framesc.jpg  

mtbr member
    You will love it...i only have 2 rides on mine and couldn't be happier. Played in the mud yesterday and it held up well. Currently running Mavic 819s on Hope Pro Evo 2. Going to make the switch to Stans ZTR Flows for increased footprint/traction. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Not sure if this should go here. But when i bought the bike home, did a test on the rear and noticed on dropping there's a knocking sound from the frame.
    For the life of me, i've been trying to pin point the source but to no hope!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I picked one up off a guy this past fall, and the bearings needed replaced. It had a knocking sound coming from somewhere in the back, and after replacing the bearings, pivot axle, etc. the sound went away. I got the propack from santa cruz and it definitely helped.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    my heckler it was built up about 3 year ago and due to working away it has only been used twice how much would bike be worth still very top spec
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heckler photo thread 2007-06112011047.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    that's alot of locks on your bike mate!

thread killer

Crappy Iphone pics of my Heckler

sorry for the crappy pics.

most resent pics of my 09 Heckler.

Holleyoak mountain Mass.

Febuary 1st and 56 degrease out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heckler photo thread 2007-my-bike1.jpg  

Heckler photo thread 2007-my-bike-2.jpg  

next time

[QUOTE=spazzy] Might as well sell your bikes, E-riding is much more productive.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gretnardr View Post
    I picked one up off a guy this past fall, and the bearings needed replaced. It had a knocking sound coming from somewhere in the back, and after replacing the bearings, pivot axle, etc. the sound went away. I got the propack from santa cruz and it definitely helped.
    stripped down the pivot bearings at the bikeshop. No issues, the bolt is also in a piece no crack or breakage.. Im still having a hard time figuring out where the clank sound is coming from..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ussr View Post
    stripped down the pivot bearings at the bikeshop. No issues, the bolt is also in a piece no crack or breakage.. Im still having a hard time figuring out where the clank sound is coming from..
    I had cracking sound and I managed to solve it by removing and cleaning replaceable rear dropout/hanger. It seems that sand particles or something like that came between dropout and swingarm...

try that!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Bro Cro Xc, just did it, clean as a whistle... I have this uncanny feeling it could be coming from the shock itself. What other way can i test it without having to find a replacement shock?

mtbr member
    Bro Cro Xc, just did it, clean as a whistle... I have this uncanny feeling it could be coming from the shock itself. What other way can i test it without having to find a replacement shock?
    mybe there is worn bushing slop going on. or mounting hardware...

Stand over rear wheel, lock tire on the ground with you legs and try to move front triangle up and down (grab it on saddle or seat post). Do you feel any small movement? There should not be any...

BTW, rear shock can produce all kind of unusual sounds when exposed to low temperatures. If you are in cold climate area, leave bike on room temperature for 24 hours and then check for sounds.

Hope you'll solve it
    I guess every biker has problems with noise at least once in a lifetime

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    check everything that could move... even bottle cage mounting screws and sockets (if you have any)
    "Im gorzej, tym lepiej."
    foxiu.bikestats.pl | emtb.pl | endurotrophy.pl
    ET#69

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Edit: Some details on the knock sound.

Visited the wonderful guys who brings in Nicolai here and they narrowed the sound to be due to rear shock topping out.

Need to make appointment with shock distributor to have that serviced soon.

Thanks for everyones help here!

Current solution lowering rebound adjustment till i can get it fixed.
    Last edited by ussr; 02-08-2012 at 06:37 AM.

mtbr member
    After a long recovery from my broken ankle and broken Heckler, i finally finished my new frame's building, i'm ready now for a new enduro and freeride season.

mtbr member
    ^ Nice looking bike. Did you end up getting a crash replacement?

mtbr member
    Yeah SC cruz provide me a new frame for half price. 700 EUR instead of 1400 EUR.
    But i waited 16 weeks for shipping :S

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Why is your green brighter than mine? *Envy!*

Noob question: The frame does not have iscg mounts does it? wHat kinda chain guide do i use if i want to get one?

mtbr member
    No it hasn't.
    I use E-thirteen DRS 22-36 chainguide

fraid of heights
    Why is your green brighter than mine? *Envy!*

Noob question: The frame does not have iscg mounts does it? wHat kinda chain guide do i use if i want to get one?
    choose the "bottom bracket mount", cheap and works great!

http://www.pricepoint.com
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Everytime you ride in mud, god kills a kitten.

mtbr member
    Kind of baffles me that the heckler still doesn't have iscg on it. Would be the perfect bike for the Hammerschmidt!
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    I agree with you gticlay, even in 2012 models
    But bottom bracket chainguide work as great as iscg model

mtbr member
    nice bikes , i came across a 2010 at my LBS , taged for $1400.00 is that a good price ? its a small and im 5'5" , should i look at a medium ? acording to there web site , i am between small and medium , I sat on the bike and it felt small , but i dont know how it should feel , this bike buying has got me more confused than i thought possible
    the weather is here wish you were beautiful

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast