cps
    http://vaselina-mbc.blogs
    Mar 2008

Heckler, I got ya...

Finally, after months of research and reading forums and reviews on many sites, I ordered and got my Heckler R AM bike. I have gone for a couple of rides in Nappy as well as the Santa Cruz area and the bike is a blast. I had to wait though for me to get back to Spain, wher I am from, in order to actually evaluate the bike on my regular trails (Gava, Castelldefels, Garraf, Begues area)
    So far I have gone for 2 short an 2 longer rides, totaling some 100 miles and the Heckler did even better then I expected. Although out of shape after a 5 weeks vacation, I was kind of able to keep up with my buddies on the climbs (very long and steep, for those that know the area will know what I am talking about) while I showed them taillight on the downhills.
    A first I was afraid that the bike would be too heavy (I come from a light Cannondale XC hardtail), but found that geometry and suspension locking more then compensated the weight difference.
    I am very pleased to discuss any of your experiences with this build and ways to improve it.
    Hope to hear (read) from you.
    A smiling SC Heckler biker from Spain

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Congrats, one of the best bikes ever made. I am currently looking for a new bike and I think I just settled on the updated Heckler frame.

I Like Bicycles
    I too have settled on a Heckler. Hopfully by next season, I'll be shredding on an Ano. Black.
    #1 Norco Aurum LE
    #2 Yeti SB-66
    #3 Evil Sovereign

mtbr member

forks

what forks are you guys running or going to run?
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

cps
    http://vaselina-mbc.blogs
    Mar 2008
    I run the RockShox Revelation 426, the standard fork that comes with the R AM complete bike. I am 6,2" and weigh aprox. 210 lbs. I have ridden over a 100 miles with it over the last 3 weeks and find it perfect for my style of riding. At first I was disappointed that there was no locking at different travelsheights, but then 1,. I got used to it 2,. maybe it is not necessary at all for my style of riding (long climbs, singletrack and fast downhills). Also, 130 mm of travel proves to be more than enough for me. On steep climbs I lock the fork and this works fine although at specifically very high degrees of steepness, the bike tends to lift the frontwheel from the ground. My remedy is to shift weight towards the front and keep on going.
    Let me know about the forks you are using, as well as the rear shox. Mine is a Fox Float R, maybe not the best around but for the moment it does it's work extremely well. I will have no upgrades until next year, when I will go back to the US.

Underweight Rider
    Heckler photo thread 2007

Porky 33.33lbs rofl