Thread: Heckler advice

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Heckler advice

Been thinking of treating myself to a Heckler and have read good things about the latest Heckler frames but haven't really got the funds right now to pop for a new frame,so is there anything wrong with the older (05,06) frames? Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the older Hecklers, just get one, build it up, and get riding. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Franzitioned
    Jan 2004
    Yep, all that stuff Keys just said. Do it.

Butcher
    Actually, if you don't have the money for an 07 right now you may be in luck!! Because according to numerous sources you may not be able to actually get one for a few months if you haven't ordered yours by now. I've been waiting for my complete bike D AM setup now for about 12 weeks. They tell me it's coming thursday or friday, but I don't believe 'em. So I wait.

It should cost about $1800 out the door. I was going to buy used, too. But I don't want to deal with the inspection aspect of the buy. I'd rather have all new parts and then replace stuff as it wears out or breaks.

Depending on your frame size, you might be able to buy something through Cambria Bike online. They're showing some complete bikes in stock too. But I don't know how accurate their website is.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Absolutely nothing wrong at all, the new one appears to be a slight refinement rather than a radical redesign.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the response,a couple more questions for you.I currantly ride a small (16")Trance what sizes do SantaCruz make their frames? and what forks work well on Hecklers?, have read that Pikes are good,but which ones to go for, fixed travel or U-turn,coil or air?

Franzitioned
    Jan 2004
    I'm a Brit too, tranceman, and I've always found the sealing on RS to be a bit... well, crappy. They've got a lot better, but aren't in the same league as Marz or Fox for handling slimy stuff IMO.
    Having said that, the pike is a great fork. What do you want to go for? Plushness, stiffness, strength, low weight? I reckon any 140mm Fox 32 would be a good choice - vanilla for plushness, float for skinniness.
    Have a look on the SC website; they have a sizing chart. A small heckler should be fine.

Groveland Trail Heads

Good stuff

from Franz... I do not live where you live but I have an 05 heckler with an 07 Fox 36 Talas RC2 with an 06 Fox RP3 for the rear. I live and ride in Santa Cruz, CA. Lots of different kinds of trails to ride in the mtns. Probably drier here than where you are riding. You will be very, very happy with the Heckler once you have the set up you want.
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

2manywheels
    The earlier Hecklers are slightly smaller in TT length I think. I ride a Medium and my other bikes are all small.

The Trances are small sizing compared to a lot of bikes, so if you go for an 05/06 probably a small. )& I can't help.

Has anyone actually measures the pivot location to see if there are any changes from last years.

I made up a floating rear brake mount for mine and it "Rocks", its almost as plush down hill as my epiphany and half the price.

Members who have read this thread: 0