Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Has anybody got their Solos yet?

Just wondering if anyone has received their Solo yet. Looking to see some pictures!
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

Warrior's Society
    Local shop here in the OC got a couple in, and expecting some later this week.....or so I heard.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Yep, pedaled one around that same local shop this morning. Very nice!

mtbr member
    Sweet! I hope my LBS gets some in soon....
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Has anybody got their Solos yet?-photo.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyeggo View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has received their Solo yet. Looking to see some pictures!
    Picked mine up yesterday late. Quick 45 minute ride,

Heavy bike at 28 pounds. Large SPX build. I'll give it several rides and then think about swapping out the tires, stem, and handle bar to drop a couple of pounds. Maybe

I been on a Tallboy Carbon after riding a Blur for several years. I never fell in love with the Tallboy after my long love affair on the Blur. Hope the magic comes back on the Solo.

Nik

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Sweet! Won't have mine for another 3 weeks. Hoping to get it down into the 25lb range. Swapping for lighter wheels, tires, handlebar and few other items on a size medium. Those ARE heavy tires. Rode a Bronson two days ago with the same tires and you do notice the weight.

Funny you mention the Blur. I'm still rocking a 23lb Blur XCc most of the time because it's just so fun. Post up some ride reports!

mtbr member
    28# is heavy???

Interested to see how you like the Solo, seems like the perfect all-rounder.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    I'm jealous!

I'm wondering if I should give the high-roller II's a shot or switch to the Neo-Moto's that I'm used to. Thoughts?

FWIW - I'm not a weight weenie and I prefer traction over fast rolling. I'm leaning towards giving the stock tires a chance but don't want to sour my experience of getting a brand new bike and having it feel sluggish/heavy due to tires.
    Last edited by sandyeggo; 06-27-2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: ninja edit?
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Rode a Bronson for a few days with the HRIIs, def a sluggish tire and I did not like it for climbing, those ramped knobs just slipped too much. I would keep the HR on the front, felt awesome there and loved the large volume (for 27 i would want to go as big as possible to actually get a noticeable diff) and prob Ardent rear.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Got my Solo C today. First ride is Saturday so we will see how it goes. Been on 29ers for a while so it we be inferring going back to smaller wheels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    Got my Solo C today. First ride is Saturday so we will see how it goes. Been on 29ers for a while so it we be inferring going back to smaller wheels.
    You lucky dawg! Let us know how she rides!
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    you get a new bike (the 2nd Solo out in the wild judging by mtbr posts) and dont post a picture?! thats grounds for a banning where I come from!

mtbr member
    Pillowcase party for the offense?

mtbr member

Soon...

soon she will be mine....
    Has anybody got their Solos yet?-solo-being-built.jpg

But... to my surprise, did not come with two cage mounts as advertised (at least on this frame)....
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    nice! did it come with the down tube protector like the bronson.
    Product designer @RSDBikes.com

"Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kreater View Post
    nice! did it come with the down tube protector like the bronson.
    It did come with a protector but it looks different than the Bronson (based on the pictures on the website and the quick look I had of the Solo frame).
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    May 2009
    soon she will be mine....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOLO being built.jpg 
Views:	2115 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	811848

But... to my surprise, did not come with two cage mounts as advertised (at least on this frame)....
    Doesn't the downtube protector use the water bottle mounts? My guess is you do have two cage mounts. That's a pretty big selling point for SC bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiendbear View Post
    Doesn't the downtube protector use the water bottle mounts? My guess is you do have two cage mounts. That's a pretty big selling point for SC bikes.
    Hmm.... you may be onto something. LBS said only one but upon further inspection.. it looks like it may be underneath the protector? See photo below. If under it, how do I access it and keep the protector...
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 3775
Size:  38.6 KB
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I see the cage mounts under the protector. Maybe the protector snaps into the cage mounts? If that's the case, you'll have to make a choice - bottle holder or protector. I'd e-mail SC and see what they say. I'm curious now too.

mtbr member
    Some more pics. Decided to give the High Rollers a shot. First ride tomorrow AM.

Has anybody got their Solos yet?-scsolo1.jpgHas anybody got their Solos yet?-scsolo2.jpgHas anybody got their Solos yet?-scsolo3.jpg
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    May 2005

Can someone post pics of the matte black and show me where the green accents are....

mtbr member
    Some more pics. Decided to give the High Rollers a shot. First ride tomorrow AM.
    ]
    Nice. I love orange bikes. Did you happen to weigh it yet.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

D_K
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    it looks like it may be underneath the protector? See photo below. If under it, how do I access it and keep the protector...
    The Bronsons are the same way. Just get a sharp exacto knife and cut out the holes if you plan to use them.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by D_K View Post
    The Bronsons are the same way. Just get a sharp exacto knife and cut out the holes if you plan to use them.
    Good to know. Thanks for the tip.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

28lbs with pedals. R build. Good weight considering the huge tires and relatively heavy wheels. Finally get to ride it today.

mtbr member

Solo Review

Has anybody got their Solos yet?-scsolo5.jpg

About the rider:
    I'm 42 and I've been mountain biking since college (with about 10 years off before I started again 8 years ago). I'm 5'7 and in so-so shape. In my group of riding buddies I'm not the fastest, but not the slowest. Average length of my rides are 10-15 miles). I ride mostly cross country-ish trails in the midwest (St. Louis area) and I generally keep the wheels on the ground. I don't race (but have done a race or two for fun). I got the Solo because it was time for a new full suspension bike and I wanted a "fun" all around bike. The Solo will be more bike than I need or will likely ever need and I'm perfectly fine with that. :-)

In the last 3 years I've been on several 29er hardtails (both single speed and geared) and my main ride last year (from May 2012 to now) was a Cannondale Rush running 650b. So I've put in many miles on all 3 wheelsizes.

I've had two rides on the Solo (30 miles) on a trail that I ride most often (combination of smooth single track, rocky/rooty single track, fireroad, and loose gravel).

The good:
    The Solo is a blast to ride. It is a real trail ripper and just plain carves the single track. Fast on the flats, great climber and a blast coming down. The first ride I left it in trail mode the entire time. I felt no noticeable bob - even standing up on a fire road climb. Trail mode made for a real stable pedaling platform. The 2nd ride I put it in Descending mode and could feel some bobbing standing on fire road but it wasn't horrible. I also gave the Climb mode a try on the second day -- in Climb mode it felt incredibly stable on the uphill fire road. Trail mode on the downhill felt fine and similar to my 100mm travel Rush. When I tried it in Descend mode, it felt really plush and a pleasure to ride on the downhills. A buddy of mine has the TBLT and keeps his in Trail mode always. I could totally see that as it rides great in Trail mode but I did like the feel of Descend mode for well... descending.

It is what I call "easy to ride". What I mean by that is it a) took me all of 5 minutes to get used to it; and b) it just does what I want it to do with no surprises.

I debated on whether or not I wanted to give the stock High Roller II's a shot or not. In the end, I decided to see how they are. The grip on the front was fantastic and confidence inspiring (like the Solo - so how much is attributed to the bike vs. the tire, I don't know). The grip on the back while cornering or going off camber was great but it did seem to want to spin out when applying power on uphill climbs on loose rock. They were good enough that I'm not eager to change them out. (Note: only other 650b tire I've used is the Pacenti Neo Moto - still my favorite).

I was a bit worried about the WTB Volt saddle as it looked uncomfortable (I like the Rocket V and Pure V saddles). After my first two rides, I gotta say I'm pleased. It is far more comfortable than I thought and I didn't need any time to get used to it.

I know looks are very subjective, but the mountain rescue orange is stunning in person. Bright yes, but man it is beautiful. I had originally ordered the matte grey because I'm not the kind of person who wants to stick out in a crowd but I am very pleased I went with the orange.

The not-as-good:
    I have found nothing "bad" about the bike, so these are things that are just not-as-good.

The low-bottom bracket (which helps it carve) has caused more pedal strikes than I would like. However, I experienced less pedal strikes on my 2nd ride so I may just need a little time to adjust. The other factor is that my Rush has 170mm length cranks vs. the 175mm on the Solo (I'm not sure how much 5 difference really makes though). If it remains an issue, I'll give a 170mm crank a try.

The stock wheelset/tire combo is fairly heavy but I didn't get the feeling I was being held back or that it was weighing me down. While I do want to upgrade the wheelset, I have no issues running the stock wheelset until I upgrade.

This is my first experience with a Fox fork. My previous fork experiences are limited to a Rockshox Recon, Rockshox Reba, and a number of Lefties. On my first two rides I did not get anywhere close to the full travel (even in climb mode) - that may be because I didn't hit any gnar or get a lot air, or perhaps it needs to break in. It also seems to be a bit stiff/not smooth (less so than the Reba, but way more stiff than the Lefty which is smooth like butta). Again, nothing that makes me yearn to switch forks - but nothing to make me want to rank it above any of my Lefties.

A word on the wheel size:
    I've put many miles on all three wheel sizes in the last couple of years. For me personally, 650b is the shiznit. It has some of the rollover/stability attributes of the 29er and the playfulness of the 26er. Overall, it feels much closer to the 26 than the 29 to me. While very popular on the trails I frequent (and naturally so given the type of trails), I never could get comfortable on a 29er - they just felt "big". The 650b doesn't make the 26er feel "small" but in my experience, the 650b improvement of rollover is very noticeable. In order of preference for me: 650b, 26er, 29er.
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    Nice, thanks for the review. About not using full travel, I'd adjust your air pressure based on sag, not on the recommended PSI. On my Blur I found the stock recommended setting on both the fork and shock to be way too firm on anything except for big hit stuff. I find that 30-35% sag is a better setting for typical trail riding.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hmm nice review now mine have not arrived yet but i am worried about the low BB on my home trail which has a lot of roots and rocks on a technical uphill with tight sbacks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EGREGOR View Post
    Hmm nice review now mine have not arrived yet but i am worried about the low BB on my home trail which has a lot of roots and rocks on a technical uphill with tight sbacks.
    I didn't mean to over-emphasize the pedal strike issue. It wasn't to the point of me being disappointed with it -- it was just something I noticed and it seemed to be happening less as time went on.

Is the 13.1 BB height lower than what you currently ride?
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    Nice, thanks for the review. About not using full travel, I'd adjust your air pressure based on sag, not on the recommended PSI. On my Blur I found the stock recommended setting on both the fork and shock to be way too firm on anything except for big hit stuff. I find that 30-35% sag is a better setting for typical trail riding.
    Thanks for the tip! I will give that a try if it continues to feel on the stiff side.
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I ride a 2010 gary fischer superfly 100 29er, i dont know the exact measurements on it and dont have peal strikes on my trail but it is def not a bike for the technical trail i ride more often since it is a pure XC bike thats why i bought the Solo, btw it is odd but i tried a SC Tallboy LTC yesterday and I had a lot more pedal strikes on that one than on the Superfly...... I was between the Bronson and the Solo, but since i am a poor climber i decided on the Solo with XTR/ENVE kit.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The pedal strike issue does concern me a bit. I have a Tallboy and a TRc, and although the BB heights are listed as pretty much the same (13.0 and 13.1", respectively), I think the TRc has a lower sagged BB height since I tend to get more pedal strikes and bash ring hits on it. Putting 650b wheels on the TRc helped reduce the pedal strikes without adversely affecting handling.

I put my 650b TRc up for sale so I could "upgrade" to a Solo, mainly to be able to fit fatter tires and hoping for more pedaling efficiency with the new VPP design, but the BB height is somewhat of a concern. The other issue is that a new Solo will probably cost twice as much as I can get for my TRc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The low bb is great for handling, but the trade-off is increased pedal strikes. Just how much of a trade-off it is really depends on technique as much (if not more) than where you ride. Some people are happy to adapt regardless of terrain and others, not so much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OGRipper View Post
    The low bb is great for handling, but the trade-off is increased pedal strikes. Just how much of a trade-off it is really depends on technique as much (if not more) than where you ride. Some people are happy to adapt regardless of terrain and others, not so much.
    I dislike pedal strikes but I'm happy to deal with it/adapt because the Solo just plain carves and is so much fun overall. And like I said before, it wasn't excessive - I just noticed it happened more than I like and seemed to be less of an issue on the second ride (on the same trail).

Stupid weather here is keeping me from getting my third ride and it is making me moody. I can't to ride her again!
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I dislike pedal strikes but I'm happy to deal with it/adapt because the Solo just plain carves and is so much fun overall. And like I said before, it wasn't excessive - I just noticed it happened more than I like and seemed to be less of an issue on the second ride (on the same trail).
    You do get used to it and adapt somewhat. I've had my TBc for 2 years, and I love it. My only complaint has been the low BB for technical/rocky trail riding. I still get occasional pedal strikes, but I find that I instinctively adjust my pedal stroke to avoid them more often now. The BB height of my 650b-converted TRc seems to be at the sweet spot for the trails I ride -- fewer pedal strikes in the rocks, but is still stable and totally rails the turns.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    You do get used to it and adapt somewhat. I've had my TBc for 2 years, and I love it. My only complaint has been the low BB for technical/rocky trail riding. I still get occasional pedal strikes, but I find that I instinctively adjust my pedal stroke to avoid them more often now. The BB height of my 650b-converted TRc seems to be at the sweet spot for the trails I ride -- fewer pedal strikes in the rocks, but is still stable and totally rails the turns.
    By chance do you know the actual bb height of your TRc with 26 and 27.5"? Curious to know the actual difference.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OGRipper View Post
    By chance do you know the actual bb height of your TRc with 26 and 27.5"? Curious to know the actual difference.
    If you search this forum for 650b TRc, you'll find some actual measurements that people have provided, usually about 13.3 to 13.4" with 650b. I don't have a measurement with the 26" wheels. With the 27.5x2.25 Nobby Nics and 130mm fork I measure about 13.3", so it's still pretty low even after the 650b conversion.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'm 5'7" as well with 29 inseam. What size did you go with ? Stem/rise?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scsolo5.jpg 
Views:	2112 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	812713

About the rider:
    I'm 42 and I've been mountain biking since college (with about 10 years off before I started again 8 years ago). I'm 5'7 and in so-so shape. In my group of riding buddies I'm not the fastest, but not the slowest. Average length of my rides are 10-15 miles). I ride mostly cross country-ish trails in the midwest (St. Louis area) and I generally keep the wheels on the ground. I don't race (but have done a race or two for fun). I got the Solo because it was time for a new full suspension bike and I wanted a "fun" all around bike. The Solo will be more bike than I need or will likely ever need and I'm perfectly fine with that. :-)

In the last 3 years I've been on several 29er hardtails (both single speed and geared) and my main ride last year (from May 2012 to now) was a Cannondale Rush running 650b. So I've put in many miles on all 3 wheelsizes.

I've had two rides on the Solo (30 miles) on a trail that I ride most often (combination of smooth single track, rocky/rooty single track, fireroad, and loose gravel).

The good:
    The Solo is a blast to ride. It is a real trail ripper and just plain carves the single track. Fast on the flats, great climber and a blast coming down. The first ride I left it in trail mode the entire time. I felt no noticeable bob - even standing up on a fire road climb. Trail mode made for a real stable pedaling platform. The 2nd ride I put it in Descending mode and could feel some bobbing standing on fire road but it wasn't horrible. I also gave the Climb mode a try on the second day -- in Climb mode it felt incredibly stable on the uphill fire road. Trail mode on the downhill felt fine and similar to my 100mm travel Rush. When I tried it in Descend mode, it felt really plush and a pleasure to ride on the downhills. A buddy of mine has the TBLT and keeps his in Trail mode always. I could totally see that as it rides great in Trail mode but I did like the feel of Descend mode for well... descending.

It is what I call "easy to ride". What I mean by that is it a) took me all of 5 minutes to get used to it; and b) it just does what I want it to do with no surprises.

I debated on whether or not I wanted to give the stock High Roller II's a shot or not. In the end, I decided to see how they are. The grip on the front was fantastic and confidence inspiring (like the Solo - so how much is attributed to the bike vs. the tire, I don't know). The grip on the back while cornering or going off camber was great but it did seem to want to spin out when applying power on uphill climbs on loose rock. They were good enough that I'm not eager to change them out. (Note: only other 650b tire I've used is the Pacenti Neo Moto - still my favorite).

I was a bit worried about the WTB Volt saddle as it looked uncomfortable (I like the Rocket V and Pure V saddles). After my first two rides, I gotta say I'm pleased. It is far more comfortable than I thought and I didn't need any time to get used to it.

I know looks are very subjective, but the mountain rescue orange is stunning in person. Bright yes, but man it is beautiful. I had originally ordered the matte grey because I'm not the kind of person who wants to stick out in a crowd but I am very pleased I went with the orange.

The not-as-good:
    I have found nothing "bad" about the bike, so these are things that are just not-as-good.

The low-bottom bracket (which helps it carve) has caused more pedal strikes than I would like. However, I experienced less pedal strikes on my 2nd ride so I may just need a little time to adjust. The other factor is that my Rush has 170mm length cranks vs. the 175mm on the Solo (I'm not sure how much 5 difference really makes though). If it remains an issue, I'll give a 170mm crank a try.

The stock wheelset/tire combo is fairly heavy but I didn't get the feeling I was being held back or that it was weighing me down. While I do want to upgrade the wheelset, I have no issues running the stock wheelset until I upgrade.

This is my first experience with a Fox fork. My previous fork experiences are limited to a Rockshox Recon, Rockshox Reba, and a number of Lefties. On my first two rides I did not get anywhere close to the full travel (even in climb mode) - that may be because I didn't hit any gnar or get a lot air, or perhaps it needs to break in. It also seems to be a bit stiff/not smooth (less so than the Reba, but way more stiff than the Lefty which is smooth like butta). Again, nothing that makes me yearn to switch forks - but nothing to make me want to rank it above any of my Lefties.

A word on the wheel size:
    I've put many miles on all three wheel sizes in the last couple of years. For me personally, 650b is the shiznit. It has some of the rollover/stability attributes of the 29er and the playfulness of the 26er. Overall, it feels much closer to the 26 than the 29 to me. While very popular on the trails I frequent (and naturally so given the type of trails), I never could get comfortable on a 29er - they just felt "big". The 650b doesn't make the 26er feel "small" but in my experience, the 650b improvement of rollover is very noticeable. In order of preference for me: 650b, 26er, 29er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zootsuitbass View Post
    I'm 5'7" as well with 29 inseam. What size did you go with ? Stem/rise?
    I went with the medium and stock stem. I was a bit worried as I was on the very low end of the medium (on the fitting scale thingy) and I generally like a smaller bike, but I'm glad I went with the medium - it fits me well.
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    May 2013
    What's your inseam?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zootsuitbass View Post
    What's your inseam?
    My inseam is 28
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Are the framesets available yet? Also, on the SC website it says that the Solo has 125mm fork, but I cant find any 650B forks with 125mm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Frame sets will be available around Sept.
    The fork is 130mm. It's a 140mm Fox with an internal spacer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Good review!

mtbr member

Review Update

I've ridden the Solo several more times since my initial review and have slightly more than 100 miles on it so I thought I'd do a quick update (and an excuse to post another picture, of course).

Changes:
    - Went from the Maxxis High Rollers to my favorite tire: Pacenti Neo Moto (running 2.3 front and rear).

- Went to a 1 x 10 using the WolfTooth (32t) chainring and changed to SLX cranks (170mm)

- Changed to Canfield Crampon pedals.

Updated review:
    No surprise, but I'm still loving the Solo and even more so with the changes. The Solo continues to perform well and has been a total blast. I'm doing the descents faster than ever and the additional speed I'm carrying isn't noticeable due to how good the handling is on the bike. From my first review, I felt the Fox fork was a little stiff but I lowered the pressure as advised and it has greatly improved.

No changes in my initial review of how well this bike pedals. I mostly keep the front in "descend" mode and the rear in "trail" mode. This feels like a good combination for the trails I ride (I do switch it up for long climbs or long descents).

The changes to the tires and the switch to 1 x 10 has lightened up the bike a bit. While not a weight weenie, my desire to get some lighter wheels has increased after feeling how light my buddy's TBLTc feels in comparison (granted, he's got it blinged out). That said, it is not a heavy bike by any means and certainly doesn't feel that way while riding it.

I'm still liking the WTB volt seat and have no plans for changing it. The XT brakes are the best brakes I've owned. Strong, good modulation, and quiet.

The shorter cranks and thin pedals have all but eliminated any pedal strikes.

The WolfTooth chainring is just plain fantastic. I've had 3 rides on it and 0 chain drops with no sort of chainguard (granted, nothing super rocky here where I ride). And better... with the clutch engaged chainslap is nearly eliminated and the drivetrain is nearly as quite and smooth as my single speed. It is hard to describe, but it actually "feels" (sounds?) like a single speed except I can switch gears when my out of shape legs need some relief, lol. I highly recommend a WolfTooth chainring if you are considering a 1 x 9/10 and don't have the bank for XX1.

Has anybody got their Solos yet?-photo-3.jpgHas anybody got their Solos yet?-photo-4.jpg
    Last edited by sandyeggo; 07-17-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Has anybody got their Solos yet?-wolftooth.jpgVery nice. Is that a 32t chain ring?

I have a 30t Wolf Tooth on my 1x10 hardtail (using an XT Shadow+ derailleur), and it works great. Like you said -- smooth, silent, and no dropped chain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    Very nice. Is that a 32t chain ring?

I have a 30t Wolf Tooth on my 1x10 hardtail (using an XT Shadow+ derailleur), and it works great. Like you said -- smooth, silent, and no dropped chain.
    Yes - its a 32t. I went with that tooth count only because it is what my middle ring was and that was the ring I spent nearly all my time on.
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2015 Salsa El Mariachi
    2015 Niner RLT

mtbr member
    A buddy of mine just got his raw Solo this week. He's selling the OEM WTB/DT wheelset if any of you need a set.

mtbr member
    Just picked up my Solo on Tuesday. So far so good. Just need to decide on what wheels and tires to run. Currently running the stock setup and they are pretty heavy. The High Roller II is a nice front tire (but not as good as my old Hans Dampfs), but a pig in the back. Currently weighs just a tick under 27 lbs.Has anybody got their Solos yet?-img_1493.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just picked up my Solo too. First real ride tomorrow. SPX kit upgraded with Stan's Arch EX rims, carbon bar, Ardent tires and XTR pedals. Orange paint is flawless and simply stunning. Ride report to follow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anybody got their Solos yet?-solo2.jpg  

Has anybody got their Solos yet?-solo3.jpg  

Has anybody got their Solos yet?-solo4.jpg  

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast