mtbr member
    Nov 2004

New question here. Full cable runs on Blur XC?

I need advice from Blur XC riders who have run full derailleur cable housings from shifters to derailleurs.
    I guess one needs to file/dremel out the cable stops or use zip ties.
    The reason is a 7 day endurance race with a good chance of mud in a few of the stages.
    If there is an easy way to mudproof the pivots too then let me know.
    Photos welcome!
    Goatman
    - It's not the destination that counts but how you get there -

Got A Lust for Life...
    If it is an consolation, I run a full legth on my heckler with great performance. No need for the dremel, just zip ties. Or, if you can pick up those cool looking hose and cable holders that I see on some bikes that would work the best. What the hell are those anyway?
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    I switched to Nokon's last year. They run full cable housing, but not full outer housing. While they may take a little patience to set up, they perform flawless. I live and ride in OR - we know wet and these cables stay dry. They are not cheap, but will get the job done. I run mine on the rear only to save a little ching, no need for the front. I may use the extra for the road bike rear der. Otherwise, just get some bulk housing and cable and 'problem solvers' to avoid the dremal routine. The followng link has some examples.
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...hp?category=18