mtbr member
    Aug 2008

which fork for blur lt2

have got a nomad with 66 eta, and just bought a blur lt2 mainly for bc bike race next year and for am riding.

question is which fork to get for the blurlt2. i am thinking pike 454 air uturn or 32 talas. need it to be light for race but tough as i am 200lbs and ride agressively. currently have a 55 eta on it which is a nice fork but too much for the bike and weighs alot.

so does anybody have experience with both forks and can offer advice? i think i may prefer the pike long term as it seems to be tougher and 20mm is awesome. just fyi, i am planning on getting a new wheel set so to get a king 20mm front hub instead of 15mm or QR wont be a big issue. or maybe even a industry nine set.

any ways thanks for any help offered....

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Magura Thor

You can already find them. Light, stiff with maxle lite and double arches. Looks wicked and seems to get really good reviews. I want one for the heckler

mtbr member
    No experience with pike but I do have a BLT2 with a 32 Talas. It is perfect for the kind of riding I do most often which is steep climbs then steep descents. The difference between 100mm and 140mm for climbing is amazing. And easy to adjust on the fly.

3D guy
    How about the 2009 revelation, Pike internals, 20 mm maxle light, and a lighter overall package (140mm travel).
    Geoff Stahl
    San Jose

BLTc, Chameleon Single Speed, Speedvagen Road

Got A Lust for Life...
    I am running the 09 Rev 140 Air Fixed on my BLT2. I love it. Super plush and light at 4.5lbs.
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    Another vote for the 09 Revelations!